Embattled deputy police chief claims PM has abused authority

snoop1130

1 hour ago, BestB said:

She is but reports said wealthy friend, well known local businessman owned and gave it to him free, unless there was another “twist” that I missed 

:thumbsup:

On this one, I am sure that there are a lot of twists that we have missed and will probably never find.

Edited by Tropicalevo

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

nd the motives behind the investigation into the BNKMaster online gambling platform

Isn't the motive that gambling is illegal and that there are high-ranking Police officers involved? 🤡

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol. Gen. Surachate, nicknamed Big Joke, today filed a complaint with the National Anti-Corruption Commission against the prime minister who recently ordered for his removal from the post of deputy police chief

:partytime2::partytime2::partytime2: 

He seems to be really upset and quite offended that his absolute authority has been questioned, and he seems to be even more offended by the fact that his image as Mr. Clean has been erased from the face of the earth. He is a top ranking officer in the RTP and therefore he's guilty by association and guilty until proven innocent.

We all know how these organizations work and the number of straight and clean people in the RTP could probably be counted on one hand.

Lock this guy up. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is a very definite statement.

Do you have a reason for saying that or is it just an opinion?

My own view is that he may be clean. Too many people want him out of the way.

The dirty ones usually keep a low profile but I will listen to reasoned arguments or the evidence.

I would love to hear Chuwit's thoughts on him.

Ask anyone in the police force or immigration,  I am in that network and I've seen first hand things he's done for sure. 

18 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

This aint going to go away.

sure it will... 2-3 days and it will sweep under the rug and no more talking about it will be allowed 555

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zack61 said:

I suspect that there will be a lot of dirty laundry aired by the time this little spat is over. 

could only happen if Thai media was unbiased and had freedom of speech was allowed, this being Thailand the cover-up it's already started and dirty laundry will not be allowed to be washed on news platforms

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

2 of my wife's school friends are mid ranking police and the son of one of my Thai friends is also police. I've asked them questions as to their opinions of Big Joke and they say that they don't believe he's corrupt. One of my wife's friends resigned from the RTP last month (took early retirement) because he was fed up with all the corruption his colleagues were involved in, and he was not prepared to pay 2 million baht for promotion to the next rank. They also said that BJ knows where all the skeletons in the closet are and that all this current notoriety is just another attempt to get rid of him so he doesn't become #1 in the RTP. They also made a very interesting comment along the lines of if he did leave the RTP and move into politics he would be in a better/stronger position to bring down the rampant corruption within the RTP.

Was he prepared to pay for the promotion to his current rank though (not as expensive) or was it purely a merit promotion? 

7 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Was he prepared to pay for the promotion to his current rank though (not as expensive) or was it purely a merit promotion? 

purely merit to the rank he held. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Get the popcorn ready, guys ........ the fight of the Titans is going to start anytime soon 😉 

Yep, the RTP & Taksin verses the Army & associates.

Edited by GreasyFingers
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zack61 said:

I suspect that there will be a lot of dirty laundry aired by the time this little spat is over. 

i certainly hope so, but i suspect the thais and us (the voiceless falang) dont need anymore proof of corruption within the thai gvt at any level

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Quite agree, but @spidermike007 makes it his prerogative to find this guy guilty before any trial has even been mooted. So, I find you guilty, spider, of all kinds of stuff because you're a foreigner, and we all know foreigners are all guilty as hell. So we're going to deport you. No, no appeal. No point protesting. This not your country. Go home. Next!

That's a good one, I appreciate your sense of humor. Let me ask you one question, we all know that the vast majority of foreigners here are good, law-abiding, decent individuals who have spent their lives working and are now enjoying a very pleasant retirement and contributing to society on at least a few different levels.

However we also know that most police here are corrupt, most police here can be bought, and the RTP is likely the biggest pyramid scheme in Thailand. So it stands to reason that the top brass of the RTP enjoy the biggest endowments of all due, to the nature of a pyramid scheme. Does this make any sense to you? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Without evidence? That was a very stupid comment.

I'm not implying that he should be locked up without a trial, what I'm saying is that I believe he is likely corrupt, and I'm hopeful that there will be enough evidence, and that there will be enough political will to convict the guy and lock him up.

The other aspect of this is that police should be held to a higher standard then the average citizen, so if a cop gets busted for corruption isn't it reasonable that perhaps he should face a stiffer sentence than the average person? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is a very definite statement.

Do you have a reason for saying that or is it just an opinion?

My own view is that he may be clean. Too many people want him out of the way.

The dirty ones usually keep a low profile but I will listen to reasoned arguments or the evidence.

I would love to hear Chuwit's thoughts on him.

If you look at his finances, property and wealth background against actual earnings etc ., it is painfully obvious - add to this the number of his officers involved , he cannot be clean, but this is about power struggle between different groups in the same pig sty - nothing to do with right or wrong . Chuwit only mouths off because his place at the trough was taken by others

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

That's a good one, I appreciate your sense of humor. Let me ask you one question, we all know that the vast majority of foreigners here are good, law-abiding, decent individuals who have spent their lives working and are now enjoying a very pleasant retirement and contributing to society on at least a few different levels.

However we also know that most police here are corrupt, most police here can be bought, and the RTP is likely the biggest pyramid scheme in Thailand. So it stands to reason that the top brass of the RTP enjoy the biggest endowments of all due, to the nature of a pyramid scheme. Does this make any sense to you? 

Yes, but damning him because he's a top cop just isn't good enough. How many senior policemen in Thailand go for the PM's jugular? How many went for Prayut's or Prawit's? Nobody dared. It's probably completely without precedent. I say go Hakkers, go, no holds barred. The pork Pie Party has fought dirty all along. Kick Big Willy in the nuts. He's had it coming a long time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, if your model works. But why then aren't you crying foul for every police general and all ranks below, if that's the way it works. Knocking off the top tiers of a pyramid has no effect on the stability of the pyramid. Remove all senior sergeants might have more of an effect. They seem to be involved in all things bent. Crucifying Hakparn won't achieve anything. He'll just be replaced by a stooge from party HQ, aka Tony Towers. Hakparn's the only hope, our man on the inside. Get rid of the cancerous cohorts!

9 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, if your model works. But why then aren't you crying foul for every police general and all ranks below, if that's the way it works. Knocking off the top tiers of a pyramid has no effect on the stability of the pyramid. Remove all senior sergeants might have more of an effect. They seem to be involved in all things bent. Crucifying Hakparn won't achieve anything. He'll just be replaced by a stooge from party HQ, aka Tony Towers. Hakparn's the only hope, our man on the inside. Get rid of the cancerous cohorts!

While I appreciate your optimism, to my mind it's a bit like saying that Trump is an outsider and he's going to clean up the swamp. It's a great slogan, I saw absolutely no indication of it during 4 years of his presidency and I certainly never bought into the hyperbole.