Embattled deputy police chief claims PM has abused authority

snoop1130

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

the number of straight and clean people in the RTP could probably be counted on one hand.

Well, here in south Surin I can vouch that there are some junior officers who aren't corrupt, who do their job as best they can, who resist attempts from further up the chain to increase the income from fines,  and who are polite and helpful to deal with. And no doubt there are plenty of corrupt ones too (helped along by the fact they are paid a wage that you can barely live on) but I haven't encountered any ... unlike the Immigration crew.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm not implying that he should be locked up without a trial, what I'm saying is that I believe he is likely corrupt, and I'm hopeful that there will be enough evidence, and that there will be enough political will to convict the guy and lock him up.

The other aspect of this is that police should be held to a higher standard then the average citizen, so if a cop gets busted for corruption isn't it reasonable that perhaps he should face a stiffer sentence than the average person? 

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He seems to be really upset and quite offended that his absolute authority has been questioned, and he seems to be even more offended by the fact that his image as Mr. Clean has been erased from the face of the earth. He is a top ranking officer in the RTP and therefore he's guilty by association and guilty until proven innocent.

We all know how these organizations work and the number of straight and clean people in the RTP could probably be counted on one hand.

Lock this guy up. 

To me it seems like you were!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, somebody shot up his car when it was parked outside a massage parlour...

Perhaps not "evidence", but certainly an indication that he is not universally popular!

Just a parking dispute.......

• 2 weeks later...