Concern Over Spread Of Covid-19, Nearly 10,000 Cases A Day

webfact

Just wondering,has this rise got anything to do with the high humidity combined with very high pollution levels causing those who are susceptible to get ill plus we all have to die at some point

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The only statistics being reported by the MoPH here for serious condition/pneumonia symptoms and those requiring intubation are hospitalized patients with confirmed positive tests for COVID.  Pneumonia type symptoms can be a standard manifestation of COVID.

The MoPH is classifying them as COVID cases, even if you aren't.

As I said. It could be incidental. Yes they are confimed positive but that doesn't mean it's what they went to hospitital for hence the word incidental. No where did I say I'm disagreeing with the numbers of confirmed cases. Please don't misrepresent what I posted. This is just common manners.

11 minutes ago, cmjl said:

Just wondering,has this rise got anything to do with the high humidity combined with very high pollution levels causing those who are susceptible to get ill plus we all have to die at some point

Humidity isn't high. 56% where I am now. Been pretty steady for weeks. Pops up and down but usually between the 50-60% mark. That's not humid.

Edited by dinsdale

1 hour ago, cmjl said:

High humidity and high pollution levels don't cause people to become infected with the COVID virus....

But, there could be related effects, such as more people staying indoors in confined air con spaces to avoid the heat outside. And people traveling back home to visit families for Song Kran. And the generally greater socialization occurring during this time of the year.

Though, it has been shown that people exposed to high pollution levels are at risk for worse symptoms once infected with COVID.

"Emerging research, including a study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, finds that breathing more polluted air over many years may itself worsen the effects of COVID-19.

The Harvard Chan study led by Xiao Wu and Rachel Nethery and senior author Francesca Dominici found an association between air pollution over many years with an 11% increase in mortality from COVID-19 infection for every 1 microgram/cubic meter increase in air pollution (for comparison, many Americans breathe air with 8 micrograms/cubic meter of particulate matter)."

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/c-change/subtopics/coronavirus-and-pollution/

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Covid vaccines do not stop infection and do not stop the spread.

It's been clearly shown that COVID vaccines reduce [not eliminate] the risk of symptomatic infection and reduce the risks of hospitalization and serious illness from COVID:

"CDC data show that vaccination [with the newest vaccines] offered significant protection. People who received the updated COVID-19 vaccine were 54% less likely to get COVID-19 during the four-month period from mid-September to January. The vaccine provided similar levels of protection against XBB lineage variants and the JN.1 variant."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/73/wr/mm7304a2.htm

and

"Studies designed to accurately assess vaccine impact on COVID transmission also show that vaccination DOES reduce the chance of person-to-person spread of the virus."

https://www.unmc.edu/healthsecurity/transmission/2023/12/05/get-your-updated-covid-vaccine/

and

"Getting a COVID-19 vaccine reduces the risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus and slows the spread of COVID-19. Also, vaccination can prevent severe illness from COVID-19."

https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/featured-topic/covid-19-vaccine-myths-debunked

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

slows the spread of COVID-19

Not the way it happened in China. People were forced vaccinated and caged up. When the CCP exited their rediculous policy of zero covid and lifted the draconian locklown, Covid spread throughout the country like wildfire. Everyone vaccinated and everyone wearing masks.

• Love It 1

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's been clearly shown that COVID vaccines reduce [not eliminate] the risk of symptomatic infection and reduce the risks of hospitalization and serious illness from COVID:

"CDC data show that vaccination [with the newest vaccines] offered significant protection. People who received the updated COVID-19 vaccine were 54% less likely to get COVID-19 during the four-month period from mid-September to January. The vaccine provided similar levels of protection against XBB lineage variants and the JN.1 variant."

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/73/wr/mm7304a2.htm

and

"Studies designed to accurately assess vaccine impact on COVID transmission also show that vaccination DOES reduce the chance of person-to-person spread of the virus."

https://www.unmc.edu/healthsecurity/transmission/2023/12/05/get-your-updated-covid-vaccine/

and

"Getting a COVID-19 vaccine reduces the risk of infection with the COVID-19 virus and slows the spread of COVID-19. Also, vaccination can prevent severe illness from COVID-19."

https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/featured-topic/covid-19-vaccine-myths-debunked

You may believe the narrative that comes out of the CDC but I don't. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Humidity isn't high. 56% where I am now. Been pretty steady for weeks. Pops up and down but usually between the 50-60% mark. That's not humid.

My small dehumidifier extracts a litre every 24 hours. And I live in a partially sealed 40 sq m room.

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

My small dehumidifier extracts a litre every 24 hours. And I live in a partially sealed 40 sq m room.

See what it does when it's 80%+ humidity. 3 pm and 51% where I am.

27 minutes ago, bradiston said:

The "dry" button on my a/c is great for pulling moister out

More independent, peer-reviewed research that COVID vaccinations help reduce the transmission of the virus in the months following vaccination, even though they don't block it entirely:

Infectiousness of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections and reinfections during the Omicron wave

Published: 02 January 2023

"Analyzing SARS-CoV-2 surveillance data from December 2021 to May 2022 across 35 California state prisons with a predominately male population, we estimate that unvaccinated Omicron cases had a 36% (95% confidence interval (CI): 31–42%) risk of transmitting infection to close contacts, as compared to a 28% (25–31%) risk among vaccinated cases.

In adjusted analyses, we estimated that any vaccination, prior infection alone and both vaccination and prior infection reduced an index case’s risk of transmitting infection by 22% (6–36%), 23% (3–39%) and 40% (20–55%), respectively. Receipt of booster doses and more recent vaccination further reduced infectiousness among vaccinated cases.

These findings suggest that, although vaccinated and/or previously infected individuals remain highly infectious upon SARS-CoV-2 infection in this prison setting, their infectiousness is reduced compared to individuals without any history of vaccination or infection. This study underscores benefit of vaccination to reduce, but not eliminate, transmission."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02138-x

15 hours ago, clokwise said:

I recently tried to get a Pfizer/Moderna COVID booster as it's been a year since the previous one. Was told it's not allowed to get it at a private hospital, must go to a public hospital. Went to the public hospital and was told they don't do COVID boosters anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, lucky for you.!!!

On 4/23/2024 at 9:40 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

More independent, peer-reviewed research that COVID vaccinations help reduce the transmission of the virus in the months following vaccination, even though they don't block it entirely:

Infectiousness of SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infections and reinfections during the Omicron wave

Published: 02 January 2023

"Analyzing SARS-CoV-2 surveillance data from December 2021 to May 2022 across 35 California state prisons with a predominately male population, we estimate that unvaccinated Omicron cases had a 36% (95% confidence interval (CI): 31–42%) risk of transmitting infection to close contacts, as compared to a 28% (25–31%) risk among vaccinated cases.

In adjusted analyses, we estimated that any vaccination, prior infection alone and both vaccination and prior infection reduced an index case’s risk of transmitting infection by 22% (6–36%), 23% (3–39%) and 40% (20–55%), respectively. Receipt of booster doses and more recent vaccination further reduced infectiousness among vaccinated cases.

These findings suggest that, although vaccinated and/or previously infected individuals remain highly infectious upon SARS-CoV-2 infection in this prison setting, their infectiousness is reduced compared to individuals without any history of vaccination or infection. This study underscores benefit of vaccination to reduce, but not eliminate, transmission."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02138-x

With any subject we can all find arguments to suit our way of thinking and there will always be so called 'experts' (often getting paid to suit an agenda)who will push there ideals be it brexit,covid,climate change etc

• Like 1