The reality

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Definitely not.

I cannot see Porsche limiting their EV's Taycan & Macan.  If you do EV's you HAVE to do ICE, nope, never, not going to happen.

Vinny actually has a good point and EV owners might soon "volunteering" lower their cars performance, to avoid paying an insurance premium.

In Russia, having a dash camera reduces insurance cost and we know EV owners are penny pinchers at the pump or power cable, so most will go slow 🐌 to save a few baht.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Vinny actually has a good point and EV owners might soon "volunteering" lower their cars performance, to avoid paying an insurance premium.

In Russia, having a dash camera reduces insurance cost and we know EV owners are penny pinchers at the pump or power cable, so most will go slow 🐌 to save a few baht.

That is more possible, a voluntary reduction in output, more likely still a black box analysing driving style

I'd be f??kkd

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Definitely not.

I cannot see Porsche limiting their EV's Taycan & Macan.  If you do EV's you HAVE to do ICE, nope, never, not going to happen.

If you ask MG for a guarantee that they wouldn't apply any changes to reducing the   acceleration in their cars

the stock answer will be

Currently we have no plans to apply any changes that would result in limiting the acceleration in our cars however if we were mandated to apply such a change from the Transport safety office in your country then we would have no choice but to apply such a change

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If you ask MG for a guarantee that they wouldn't apply any changes to reducing the   acceleration in their cars

the stock answer will be

Currently we have no plans to apply any changes that would result in limiting the acceleration in our cars however if we were mandated to apply such a change from the Transport safety office in your country then we would have no choice but to apply such a change

And if you asked the government about alien bananas arriving from Betelgeuse to take over the world they would say

Currently we have no plans to apply any changes up to date information on the plans of alien bananas that would result in limiting the acceleration in our cars the earth being invaded however if we were mandated to apply such a change from the Transport safety office disclose such plans in your country then we would have no choice but to apply such a change notify you

Get my drift?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

the stock answer will be

And if you asked the government about alien bananas arriving from Betelgeuse to take over the world they would say

Currently we have no plans to apply any changes up to date information on the plans of alien bananas that would result in limiting the acceleration in our cars the earth being invaded however if we were mandated to apply such a change from the Transport safety office disclose such plans in your country then we would have no choice but to apply such a change notify you

Get my drift?

• Agree 1

If one was to replace every ICE in Australia with an EV, it would reduce CO2 emissions by a mere 9%.

EV's are good for city environments, by reducing air pollution.

The simple fact is we are still reliant on fossil fuels for two-thirds of our electricity generation, EV's are a drop in the bucket in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Thailand is known to be one of the most unsafe countries worldwide when measured by the proportion of people who die in a road traffic accident. In its most recent global report (2018), the WHO ranks Thailand as the number 9 country with the highest road traffic death rate, with 32.7 deaths per 100,000 population (2018)

We know what the main causes of accidents are: motorcyclists not wearing a helmet, people drinking and driving, and speeding. These three risk behaviors, often combined, make traffic dangerous for both the drivers and the passengers, but also for pedestrians, bicyclists and other road users.

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/03-01-2023-a-new-year-s-resolution--for-life

Once we have seen a major accident in Thailand resulting in a number of children deaths and the root cause of the accident was ev extreme acceleration I expect  the Government will pass laws that mandate acceleration be limited in EV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Thailand is known to be one of the most unsafe countries worldwide when measured by the proportion of people who die in a road traffic accident. In its most recent global report (2018), the WHO ranks Thailand as the number 9 country with the highest road traffic death rate, with 32.7 deaths per 100,000 population (2018)

We know what the main causes of accidents are: motorcyclists not wearing a helmet, people drinking and driving, and speeding. These three risk behaviors, often combined, make traffic dangerous for both the drivers and the passengers, but also for pedestrians, bicyclists and other road users.

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/03-01-2023-a-new-year-s-resolution--for-life

Once we have seen a major accident in Thailand resulting in a number of children deaths and the root cause of the accident was ev extreme acceleration I expect  the Government will pass laws that mandate acceleration be limited in EV

That's only a concern, if & when you are on a motorbike.   So fairly irrelevant to the other 71.8+ million people who didn't die on a scooter.

I feel just as safe here, if not safer, than any country I've lived or been to.  And I've had way more close calls on motorcycles in the USA, than in TH.   Nobody seems to respect motorcyclist in the USA.   

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Get my drift?

Seems I have hit a nerve with you I expect it will be mandatory the 0-100 km   acceleration must be higher than 5.0 for road cars and lower than 5.0 for track cars not licensed for road use

https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/acceleration-electric-car

End of the line for demon king drivers

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

How does not wearing a helmet cause an accident🧐. Just asking.

I remember the days back home when we didn't have to wear a helmet, and I never had an accident, except sliding on ice............:stoner:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I remember the days back home when we didn't have to wear a helmet, and I never had an accident, except sliding on ice............:stoner:

Thankfully sliding on ice doesn't count... 

When/if EV's rule the road, then cometh the tax man.  Nowadays (US anyway) fuel is taxed and supposedly goes for infrastructure repairs and constructions...so, once gasoline ceases to be needed,

states and fed will look to taxing motorists by the miles they drive every year - just wait they'll have to make up those billions of gasonline taxes for infrastructure in some manner and  we already know that the govt is tax happy anyway.  My opinion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Get ready for austerity and uprisings everywhere in the West.

I've been pointing out the delusional nature of the green transition.

I've always been told that I was a nazi :D

Vaclav Smil is also someone you should look into if the topic interests you.

Anyways. I agree with your vid. Always did.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Seems I have hit a nerve with you I expect it will be mandatory the 0-100 km   acceleration must be higher than 5.0 for road cars and lower than 5.0 for track cars not licensed for road use

https://ev-database.org/cheatsheet/acceleration-electric-car

End of the line for demon king drivers

So do you think they would only limit acceleration for EV's

Is there any reason why it shouldn't apply to ICE too?

How do you think Porsche, Rimac & Lotus would react?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Accelerating, but using the brakes??

GLsypFBWMAEHkx_.jpeg

If I were living in America, I probably wouldn’t buy an EV either. Rubbish products, no Chines made EVs available. Poor charging infrastructure, crap maintenance (with the possible exception of Tesla supercharges), unreliable electricity generation. Power outages when too hot or too cold.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

When the number of deaths and serious injury increase to an unacceptable level due to extreme  acceleration

Expect that manufacturers will be required to mandatory apply a change to all existing and new vehicles to limit the  extreme  acceleration on EV's

Extreme Acceleration Is the New Traffic Safety Frontier

The electric vehicle revolution has also helped deliver a new golden age of automotive horsepower — and safety regulators aren’t ready for it

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2023-01-06/welcome-to-the-age-of-extreme-acceleration

So it looks like, apart from being a 3rd world country, the drivers in the US are not exactly competent either.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

If one was to replace every ICE in Australia with an EV, it would reduce CO2 emissions by a mere 9%.

The simple fact is we are still reliant on fossil fuels for two-thirds of our electricity generation, EV's are a drop in the bucket in comparison.

Could it be because they burn a lot of coal there? The less coal that is burnt, the higher your percentage would be, wouldn’t it?

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

So do you think they would only limit acceleration for EV's

Is there any reason why it shouldn't apply to ICE too?

How do you think Porsche, Rimac & Lotus would react?

The will look at which group of vehicles that where the  number of deaths and serious injury are  increasing  to an unacceptable level due to extreme  acceleration

if ICE vehicles come into that group then or course they will apply similar measures to ICE vehicles  but if they don't then there is no need to apply

3 years ago if someone stated on these forums that in 2024 there would be a separate policy definition for car insurance for EV compared to ICE vehicles and that there would be sliding scale on the amount for battery coverage they would have been told it will never happen

Porsche, Rimac & Lotus will do the same as every other brand that needs to adjust because laws change

If you go back 80 years there was stiff opposition from customers regarding the installation of seat belts some customers requested the manufacturers removed them when fitting  became mandatory some customers  challenged seat-belt laws in court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_belt

At the end of day EV's are about climate change not extreme  acceleration so i imagined that any courts cases for maintaining EV extreme  acceleration  would be rejected and thrown out but we will have to wait and see

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

They go hundreds of kilometers before needing recharging!

My daily has done 160,000 km and never been plugged into a charger.

@ 1.8bt per km traveled I guess it is more costly to run than an EV, in saying that its fairly frugal on consumables... just fitted the second set of tires and brake pads since.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You do post some nonsense now and again.

Its only nonsense from your point of view clearly this subject is being discussed by many different groups from the video in the op to the Bloomberg article and not everyone agrees with your point of view

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

a report out in the uk today, charging points have become considerably more expensive as the providers look to fleece the ev drivers, who are now, if not charging at home, paying much more per mile than petrol/diesel owners. 😏

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The will look at which group of vehicles that where the  number of deaths and serious injury are  increasing  to an unacceptable level due to extreme  acceleration

if ICE vehicles come into that group then or course they will apply similar measures to ICE vehicles  but if they don't then there is no need to apply

3 years ago if someone stated on these forums that in 2024 there would be a separate policy definition for car insurance for EV compared to ICE vehicles and that there would be sliding scale on the amount for battery coverage they would have been told it will never happen

Porsche, Rimac & Lotus will do the same as every other brand that needs to adjust because laws change

If you go back 80 years there was stiff opposition from customers regarding the installation of seat belts some customers requested the manufacturers removed them when fitting  became mandatory some customers  challenged seat-belt laws in court

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_belt

At the end of day EV's are about climate change not extreme  acceleration so i imagined that any courts cases for maintaining EV extreme  acceleration  would be rejected and thrown out but we will have to wait and see

Back home, insurance cost is based on a few things, including performance of the vehicle.

The acceleration of an EV would put it into a very high insurance bracket.

Also, I would expect to see more folk killed in an EV if they start using the available power and didn't know what they were doing.....

Anyone here got an EV in the UK, if so what is the insurance premium...?  🤗

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I’d rather put you in an airtight room and reduce the oxygen content by merely 9%.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2