The reality

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Counterpoint to purported Reality....2 sided to every story right?

again its  about the infrastructure not whether  evs are good  or  bad

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

BEVs are real cars.  Almost every industry has govt support.   Without govt support, many things wouldn't be affordable for many people.

On the flip side of that, govt taxes to provide provide products/services, puts many things out of reach for some people.   Many people own MBs because they can't afford cars.   Domestic excise tax on our Mazda 2 (2012 ?) rebated) was 100k baht, bringing the real price down to 415k vs 515k sticker price.  Is it fair that the tax might put the car out of the price range for some people, to provide service for something else/other people may or may not use.

Energy companies get subsidized, car companies get subsidized, businesses get tax breaks (incentive/enticed) for opening/operating in certain areas.   If not many things would be more expense, or not even available.

It's a complex web, and you can't cut one without cutting all, just because you don't use, buy or like a service or product.

The top 6 auto makers in CH, of which 4 are 'state owned', aren't technically subsidized, I think, they just aren't profit driven (except when exported), hence the competitive pricing.   Don't think  a state owned factory needs to subsidize itself.

Oil companies get subsidized, and have made windfall profits, so where is the fairness there.

Reality is ... this product cost this amount, buy it or not ... UP2U, don't over think it.

Forcing me to smell your exhaust, not that's an issue, which will be resolved, but not in my lifetime.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

was just letting others see who you turn for for your opinions......feel free to disregard any of my posts   the headline of the video seems to refer to electric cars----dont kill the messenger.....so whats YOUR opinion on infrastructure for those who choose not to watch...

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There should be no government support for BEVs, charging stations, end of life of real cars, etc.

If people want to buy EVs, ok, let them buy them. And if people choose real cars, that is also fine. Up to each individual.

Greata can walk. 

what???? the choice of others and freewill?!!! who would have thought on this forum!  kudos!

• Like 1

ita not about climate change its about the ability to increase the infrastructure

your headline makes no reference to infrastructure either.......glass houses friend 🙂

42 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

From what I gather, it seems that the problems are the respective incompetent governments and bureaucrats, the unnecessary bureaucracy, the lack of funds (although there’s plenty to spend on making war around the world), the determination to contain especially China by insisting on paying more for solar panels made in the west etc etc.

If a country like China can provide enough electricity for its EVs when most of its population was bicycling only 40 years ago, it beggars description that western countries are struggling. To me, it’s a sign of their decline.

Yep, plus finding the electricity for two thirds of the world's high speed rail (around 45,000 kms at present). 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Yes I can see the problem.

EV sales are accelerating and it's a disaster (for the EV haters). 

Nothing is going wrong!

The customers are joyously happy!

They can charge everywhere!

They pay 20-25% of the cost for fuel they paid for ICE and some even pay nothing!

They have 1% of the moving parts of ICE so need very little servicing!

They don't break down!

They don't catch fire!

They go hundreds of kilometers before needing recharging!

Charging only takes the time it takes to have a coffee!

They only take an average of 4 kWhrs of electricity per day which the power grid can EASILY absorb.  What the video said is correct in some countries and specifically in some places in countries, those places specifically being high speed charging stations on motorways which do need feeding with a high current supply.  That requires local grid changes back to the very high voltage grid.

Elon, are you so desperate that you are now in a Thai forum to sell your cars? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nothing is going wrong!

They pay 20-25% of the cost for fuel they paid for ICE and some even pay nothing!

They don't break down!

They don't catch fire!

They only take an average of 4 kWhrs of electricity per day which the power grid can EASILY absorb.  What the video said is correct in some countries and specifically in some places in countries, those places specifically being high speed charging stations on motorways which do need feeding with a high current supply.  That requires local grid changes back to the very high voltage grid.

Accelerating, but using the brakes??

GLsypFBWMAEHkx_.jpeg

• Haha 1

was just letting others see who you turn for for your opinions......feel free to disregard any of my posts   the headline of the video seems to refer to electric cars----dont kill the messenger.....so whats YOUR opinion on infrastructure for those who choose not to watch...

yet you posted a  video from a  journalist (at best). The infrastructure isnt there and charging is too  slow. Id  take Sabines view over the bimbo woman.

• Haha 1

your headline makes no reference to infrastructure either.......glass houses friend 🙂

The whole video is  about infrastructure but  keep playing stupid  fukkin games if u like

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nothing is going wrong!

They don't break down!

They don't catch fire!

All in not well 😢 🤧 on planet EV.

Vinfast might be the first major player to fall from grace. Tesla is feeling the ache of an old man and some of the lesser known Chinese brands are doomed to fail.

• Haha 1

When the number of deaths and serious injury increase to an unacceptable level due to extreme  acceleration

Expect that manufacturers will be required to mandatory apply a change to all existing and new vehicles to limit the  extreme  acceleration on EV's

Extreme Acceleration Is the New Traffic Safety Frontier

The electric vehicle revolution has also helped deliver a new golden age of automotive horsepower — and safety regulators aren’t ready for it

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2023-01-06/welcome-to-the-age-of-extreme-acceleration

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

All in not well 😢 🤧 on planet EV.

Vinfast might be the first major player to fall from grace. Tesla is feeling the ache of an old man and some of the lesser known Chinese brands are doomed to fail.

Having been to Vietnam 4 times in the last 6 months, VinFast has to go, their EV's are horrible.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Counterpoint to purported Reality....2 sided to every story right?

I hate those touch buttons to 'press', give me a leaver I can feel, not something I'd have to glance down at or at least a proper button.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1