condo management refuse to repair dampness problem

On 4/28/2024 at 10:17 AM, Dante99 said:

What exactly is "insulation from dampness"?  Got me wondering and could be confusing the people you are talking with.

Exactly what maintenance was not done or needs to be done?  Window sealing?  Roof repairs? Porch issues?

25 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

The maintenance / management at the condo told us the insulation from the dampness needs to be done again window ceiling i doubt roof repairs it is 10 floor above so i doubt porch issues there is no porch

did you read the post?? 

Yeh I read it.  So you are now telling us that insulation from the dampness is window sealing?  Or are you letting us know that you really do not know?

I asked what exactly is insulation from dampness and you have yet to clearly respond.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Yeh I read it.  So you are now telling us that insulation from the dampness is window sealing?  Or are you letting us know that you really do not know?

I asked what exactly is insulation from dampness and you have yet to clearly respond.

No..... what I am telling you is we do not know, what we do know is we have dampness stains and we called management to repair and they said it was dampness coming in through the walls and do not worry

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Henryford said:

What about the Condo Committee. In my condo the Committe, which i am on, looks at all of these sort of problems. If they feel a repair is required they instruct the "management" to do it. It is not up to the office to refuse.

And in answer to the post by Etaoin the Juristic entity don't own the property. The co-owners do, represented by the Committee. If the JP refused instructions from the Committee we would terminate or not renew their management contract.

I have been told that the owner does not like being contacted and keeps his contact details a secret........how do I find contact details of the committee 

16 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

I have been told that the owner does not like being contacted and keeps his contact details a secret........how do I find contact details of the committee 

The Committee is voted on by the co-owners at every AGM. Their details, photos etc should be available at the Condo office. If not you have a major problem !!!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Henryford said:

If not you have a major problem !!!

Doesn't he already?  He has no one to talk to except his wife and she is actively working on getting him to go back where he came from.

18 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Doesn't he already?  He has no one to talk to except his wife and she is actively working on getting him to go back where he came from.

please try to explain what you wrote...why did you mention "his wife"

6 hours ago, beaufoy said:

please try to explain what you wrote...why did you mention "his wife"

Maybe because of the unkind things you wrote about her 

22 hours ago, beaufoy said:

i doubt roof repairs it is 10 floor above

"we live on floor 5 of 6 floors"

Which is it or do you have problems with two condos?

On 4/27/2024 at 9:29 AM, Bill97 said:

Need one new condo and one new wife.

So now the water that was going into his unit is now going into yours.

Keep going, getting better by the minute 

I will try to make it simpler for you  and you can quote me now i understand I do not know very much but it seems I know more than you. It would seem the whole of the outside wall was not built correctly and certain condos facing the outside wall have had repairs done to the outside wall ....it would seem that the condo complex owner (by way of yearly maintenance fees) paid for repairs to parts of the outside wall and have failed to do repairs to other parts of the outside wall. In the case of the floor above they got fed up waiting for the condo owner to pay for the repairs and decided to pay for the repairs themselves...I never said or wrote the water from the the repaired unit is now going into my unit

Please explain or apologise for the insult you made about my wife

6 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

I will try to make it simpler for you  and you can quote me now i understand I do not know very much but it seems I know more than you. It would seem the whole of the outside wall was not built correctly and certain condos facing the outside wall have had repairs done to the outside wall ....it would seem that the condo complex owner (by way of yearly maintenance fees) paid for repairs to parts of the outside wall and have failed to do repairs to other parts of the outside wall. In the case of the floor above they got fed up waiting for the condo owner to pay for the repairs and decided to pay for the repairs themselves...I never said or wrote the water from the the repaired unit is now going into my unit

Please explain or apologise for the insult you made about my wife

Ok my wife did not pass the info onto to me, but you put false info into your posts, so if I was rely on your info I would be in a worse position than my wife has put me in ie where did I write " the water that was going into his unit is now going into" my apt

On 5/7/2024 at 4:19 PM, johng said:

Seeing as the "management" refuse

If you can do the repairs yourself  or hire someone else to do the repairs then do that..its probable that it can be fixed internally  even though the root cause is outside  where the management will not allow access.   sometimes you have to think outside the box  like @Rampant Rabbit  did above.

good post

On 6/2/2024 at 9:15 AM, Dante99 said:

please explain your post it looks very stupid

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 6:29 AM, Dante99 said:

"we live on floor 5 of 6 floors"

Which is it or do you have problems with two condos?

You quote me as saying "we live on floor 5 of 6 floors"  This is not true we live on floor 4 of 16 floors, so either i made a stupid mistake or i lied in which case please tell me where I wrote such a stupid lie and I will apologise .If you cannot find where I wrote "we live on floor 5 of 6 floors" then you will have to accept you are either very stupid or very dishonest and i suggest you should apologise for said faults in your character

Edited by beaufoy

On 6/2/2024 at 8:33 AM, beaufoy said:

What owner? are you leasing the condo? if you own the condo you're the owner 

The owner on the committee and their unit numbers/contact details should be available at the juristic person office

7 minutes ago, digbeth said:

What owner? are you leasing the condo? if you own the condo you're the owner 

The owner on the committee and their unit numbers/contact details should be available at the juristic person office

I thought it was obvious that "the owner" is a reference to the person who owns the complex/the freehold

On 6/2/2024 at 8:51 AM, Henryford said:

The Committee is voted on by the co-owners at every AGM. Their details, photos etc should be available at the Condo office. If not you have a major problem !!!

On 6/2/2024 at 8:51 AM, Henryford said:

Please advise me 

I assume all members of the committee are condo owners

In a complex of 300 condos how many people will be on the committee

27 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

You quote me as saying "we live on floor 5 of 6 floors"  This is not true we live on floor 4 of 16 floors, so either i made a stupid mistake or i lied in which case please tell me where I wrote such a stupid lie and I will apologise .If you cannot find where I wrote "we live on floor 5 of 6 floors" then you will have to accept you are either very stupid or very dishonest and i suggest you should apologise for said faults in your character

Look at the topic "Fitting a ceiling fan in a Condo" in the Electrical Forum which you started last Sunday.  Your first post says you live on floor 5 of 6.  Very clear.

Which was it, a lie or stupid mistake?

58 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

I thought it was obvious that "the owner" is a reference to the person who owns the complex/the freehold

In a fully occupied condo everyone holds the freehold

the only case where someone owns the freehold and you don't is that your condo is leasehold, in which case you shouldn't have to pay for any repairs at all 

in a new build, there might be a case where the developers hold the unsold rooms that makes him the majority, or in some condos with mixed retail/hotel space, whoever holds those might always have a bigger share of the title and can always vote anything in their way at the committee 

52 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Look at the topic "Fitting a ceiling fan in a Condo" in the Electrical Forum which you started last Sunday.  Your first post says you live on floor 5 of 6.  Very clear.

this post was labelled 

• condo management refuse to repair dampness problem

so it was a very stupid mistake to get it confused with the ceiling fan post

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

you have answered why you wrote the following stupid comment, do you think you should find another hobby

d she is actively working on getting him to go back where he came from.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

what made you write the following  

So you are now telling us that insulation from the dampness is window sealing

1 hour ago, beaufoy said:

please explain your post it looks very stupid

Very good, yes I am the stupid one here.  I have leaky walls and do not know what to do.  My wife does not do what I tell her to.  I do not know about the groups that effect the condo I spent a lot of money for and I forgot to go to church last Sunday.

Hoping I can get my big shopping project for this afternoon completed successfully as we do need some new batteries.

1 hour ago, beaufoy said:

Please advise me 

I assume all members of the committee are condo owners

In a complex of 300 condos how many people will be on the committee

I am not sure if there is a set quota but usually 9-12 co-owners. The best run Committees have a majority of farangs running it. If it gets taken over by thais (especially friends of the developer) then you have problems.