UN Report Warns Of Asia's Increasing Climate Crisis

webfact

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

Perhaps when you post drivel about science and someone bulldozes that drivel you should be prepared for the onslaught Foolish humans are boring and harmful.     All consistent though    

what drivel about science did i post ? you are making things up. go away troll. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, stoner said:

perhaps you mistake me for someone who gives a shhhhhhhh. again you really need to stop making assumptions. it's getting quite boring. 

So, you like to make false assertions here, and then not back them up when someone provides the facts.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

no i'm not. you are assuming i am.. i am stating that the man mislead people. 

Once again, Arctic sea ice is disappearing. Al Gore provided one scientist's estimate of when it would disappear, and you can't get over it.

Even when all of the Arctic sea ice is gone, you'll still whine about Al Gore, ignoring the reality that the Arctic sea ice is gone.

It's like if a doctor tells you that you have 6 months to live, but you die in 5 months, and on your deathbed you whine about the doctor getting it wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you like to make false assertions here, and then not back them up when someone provides the facts.

what did i say that was false ?

Just now, stoner said:

what did i say that was false ?

Remember, you're bored with this subject.

You claimed that Al Gore lied about Arctic sea ice disappearing. That is a false assertion.

He provided an estimate, along with a probability. I don't think you understand what a probability is, and in your ignorance, you call that a lie.

If the weatherman says there's a 75% chance of rain, but there's no rain, is that a lie?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Once again, Arctic sea ice is disappearing. Al Gore provided one scientist's estimate of when it would disappear, and you can't get over it.

Even when all of the Arctic sea ice is gone, you'll still whine about Al Gore, ignoring the reality that the Arctic sea ice is gone.

when did i say it wasn't ? you really have a bad habit of making what are now looking like stupid assumptions. 

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

You claimed that Al Gore lied about Arctic sea ice disappearing. That is a false assertion.

no i didnt' i said he mislead people purposely as per fact check. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, there are some people here who are in denial about global warming.

Atmospheric carbon dioxide is increasing.

Global temperature is increasing.

Deniers can't accept these basic facts. It's like talking to the Flat Earth people.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

He provided a probability. You don't understand what a probability is.

enough with your assumptions.

stop backtracking. you made false accusations. no where did i say al gore lied. please show my comment where i said this. otherwise stop trolling. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you understand that the atmosphere is warming due to manmade pollution?

Or are you just fixated on one statement by Al Gore that has paralyzed your thinking?

2 hours ago, stoner said:

no i'm not. you are assuming i am.. i am stating that the man mislead people. 

He didn't mislead anyone that has adequate reading comprehension   "Some of the models suggest "       Do you read the links you post?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

He didn't mislead anyone that has adequate reading comprehension   "Some of the models suggest "       Do you read the links you post?

clearly you didn't. it literally said that he did. 

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

They tell you the truth about climate change. Up to you if it's scary or not.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2024_v6_20x9.jpg

The first truth about climate change one should learn, is that climate has always been changing throughout the history of our planet, due to a myriad of interconnected natural processes.

Those natural processes do not suddenly stop as a result of human development. The effect of recent human activity on our climate represents the addition of yet another of the many, complex, contributing factors that continue to cause the climate to change.

However, accurately measuring the significance of that human contribution to climate change is very challenging (if not impossible), due to the complexity of the issue.

The satellite-based graph you have shown looks very scary because the Y axis represents a temperature change of just 1/10th of a degree for each full year that is represented on the X axis.
One tenth of one degree is insignificant. We live in a world where the temperature changes by tens of degrees from day to night and from summer to winter. A change in temperature of 1/10th of a degree would be undetectable by any living creature.

Imagine if that same graph had a Y axis where each step represented one whole degree. You would see an approximately straight horizontal line with just a few small wiggles. :laugh:

Another issue is the 'margin of error' when measuring temperature changes of 1/10th of a degree.
Here's an interesting article from NASA addressing the issue.
https://science.nasa.gov/climate-change/faq/which-measurement-is-more-accurate-taking-earths-surface-temperature-from-the-ground-or-from-space/

"Satellites don't directly measure temperature or the surface where people live. Instead, they measure the brightness of Earth's atmosphere. Scientists then use computer models to convert this brightness data into temperature information.
To make matters more challenging, scientists gather brightness data from more than 16 different satellites. Think of it like receiving a box of puzzle pieces without a picture to guide you on how to complete the puzzle." 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, stoner said:

clearly you didn't. it literally said that he did. 

i copied and pasted from the article you posted  this is his quote "some of the models suggest"       Do you know what some and suggest mean?       He didn't misinform anyone .what happens is the scared of science earthlings misstate what is said on purpose and then the other earthlings run with the lie.  Exactly what they accuse the other side of doing ,kinda like the rigged election scenario.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

no i didnt' i said he mislead people purposely as per fact check. 

When the weatherman says there's a 75% chance of rain tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, is the weatherman misleading people?

Likewise, if Al Gore says there's a 75% chance that Arctic Sea ice will completely disappear in the summer within X years, and only most of the ice disappears, is that misleading people?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

More lies on top of lies but please spend more and do whatever you please to stop this climate emergency  😂🤷‍♂️

I'm sure India and China if not the rest of the world are following your lead 🥳

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

is that why when I went to the Maldives in 1989 they told me it would  be gone in 20 years................must be very slow rising  then, still good for handouts when they can blame "the west"....... then increase tourism massively, it aint sea level thats the problem there its ridiculous over building.

Still can now view the webcam on the very same beaches I walked down 36 years  ago, went from 60 odd  rooms to several hundred yet it remains the same size

You make about as much sense as Sowell  which is very little.  Maybe you can give your camera footage to the Maldives President he thinks the sea level is a problem   your camera footage will calm their fears.  " Our islands are slowly being inundated by the sea, one by one," Ibrahim Mohamed Solih, the president of the Maldives, told the U.N. Climate Change Conference, or COP26, earlier this week. "If we do not reverse this trend, the Maldives will cease to exist by the end of this century."  ABC News 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

When the weatherman says there's a 75% chance of rain tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, is the weatherman misleading people?

Likewise, if Al Gore says there's a 75% chance that Arctic Sea ice will completely disappear in the summer within X years, and only most of the ice disappears, is that misleading people?

I corrected his mistake         now he is contending he didn't say Al Gore lied he purposely misled people aka lied-which Al Gore did not do.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 7:37 PM, Danderman123 said:

So your view of a global problem is based on a prediction by one guy 20 years ago.

Sea levels have risen, but sea level rise is not a uniform process. Some places have higher increases than others. Moreover, the Maldives took the predictions seriously, and built seawalls to hold back the water.

The Maldives are sinking

ah always an answer, id swear if theres  no catasrophe in 50 years someone  somewhere will have an answer for why it never  happened. I know  all about the Maldives been going there since 89 the first island I went to meerufenfuhsi is  still there, no sea walls around it. Theyve put a few  walls around the cpaital which is a  <deleted>hole and always had problems, the main one being the huge  amount of people  on that single island. The Maldives ARE NOT sinking, I can but cant be bothered to show you some researcher saying that shifitng sands are increasing the height. \Its  <deleted> and it wasnt ONE erson saying it it was almost EVERY climate alarmist for donkeys  years.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I know it's difficult for you to understand this concept, but the Maldives are surviving due to significant efforts to mitigate sea level rise. It is entirely possible that mitigation efforts will keep the Maldives afloat for decades.

It's like if you are sick, and the doctor gives you medication. That you are feeling better doesn't mean there isn't an underlying illness.

Jibber 

18 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

ah always an answer, id swear if theres  no catasrophe in 50 years someone  somewhere will have an answer for why it never  happened. I know  all about the Maldives been going there since 89 the first island I went to meerufenfuhsi is  still there, no sea walls around it. Theyve put a few  walls around the cpaital which is a  <deleted>hole and always had problems, the main one being the huge  amount of people  on that single island. The Maldives ARE NOT sinking, I can but cant be bothered to show you some researcher saying that shifitng sands are increasing the height. \Its  <deleted> and it wasnt ONE erson saying it it was almost EVERY climate alarmist for donkeys  years.

"climate alarmist "    jibber jabber   they don't sink the water covers them. https://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/students/envs_5000/mccright_2011.pdf

Edited by charleskerins
nm

On 4/26/2024 at 4:38 PM, Danderman123 said:

I don't know what you are talking about, but it sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Post wasn't directed at you specifically - it's really for people with plus 80 IQ.

Sorry if it caused you confusion though.

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:30 AM, Danderman123 said:

They tell you the truth about climate change. Up to you if it's scary or not.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2024_v6_20x9.jpg

And how would you know einstein?

Remember that you fully fell for the covid psyop too 👍

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1