DWP in the UK new powers from January 2025

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Same ol' trollop. Nothing in Gov writing about the questions I asked you, what a surprise.....😂

UK pension is not stopped if you get caught fiddling, but it is reduced to the rate they say you moved to LOS, then they want the overpayment back, that is fact....

Is Tiber a bit worried about getting caught, yoooou bet.......😁

1You
If a OAP lives permanently in frozen country and receives unfrozen pension   is that fraud
Copilot
If an OAP (Old Age Pensioner) resides permanently in a frozen country and receives an unfrozen pension, it is not fraudulent. Let me explain:.....
 Go look ..... 

2    https://www.gov.uk/benefit-fraud   no fraud no nothing ,just pure unadulterated unfrozen pension received

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tiber said:

1You
If a OAP lives permanently in frozen country and receives unfrozen pension   is that fraud
Copilot
If an OAP (Old Age Pensioner) resides permanently in a frozen country and receives an unfrozen pension, it is not fraudulent. Let me explain:.....
 Go look ..... 

2    https://www.gov.uk/benefit-fraud   no fraud no nothing ,just pure unadulterated unfrozen pension received

Give it up man...........:clap2:

Scan.jpg.60082ac9054c4d014e39c429a5ef1be4.jpg

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Tiber said:

Yes, but it was all about your..

Adult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency IncreaseAdult Dependency Increase

Nothing about State Pension,if there was please point it out

•  

A troll with no answers, see you tomorrow, oh, in the meantime, come up with my answers, I won't hold my breath.......😂

• Agree 1
52 minutes ago, Tiber said:

1You
Copilot
 Go look ..... 

It is clearly fraudulent. What is unclear is what the repercussions might be 

Whilst the link makes plain that an individual's pension cannot be stopped or reduced, It is also clear from the first section that they have committed fraud if they did not report that they have moved to a country where the pension is frozen. 

Given that, I would imagine that the DWP would freeze the pension at its' existing rate. The DWP may also decide to prosecute the individual concerned although, in the circumstances, I'd suggest that there is the strong possibility that the DWP might think it is more trouble than it is worth. 

• Thumbs Up 1
16 hours ago, RayC said:

It is clearly fraudulent. What is unclear is what the repercussions might be 

Whilst the link makes plain that an individual's pension cannot be stopped or reduced, It is also clear from the first section that they have committed fraud if they did not report that they have moved to a country where the pension is frozen. 

Given that, I would imagine that the DWP would freeze the pension at its' existing rate. The DWP may also decide to prosecute the individual concerned although, in the circumstances, I'd suggest that there is the strong possibility that the DWP might think it is more trouble than it is worth. 

My chums pension was reduced to what it should have been at the time THEY said he left the UK....

He had to paid back the overpayments..........😥

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, transam said:

My chums pension was reduced to what it should have been at the time THEY said he left the UK....

He had to paid back the overpayments..........😥

That seems to contradict the text in the link. Maybe the law re benefit fraud has changed since he was caught out of perhaps, he was just unlucky?🤷

3 minutes ago, RayC said:

That seems to contradict the text in the link. Maybe the law re benefit fraud has changed since he was caught out of perhaps, he was just unlucky?🤷

Dunno, but the pamphlet that folk keep dismissing that is given to us is plain enough to me.......Last para........Scan.jpg.11469a254b1eff91d46664088722084f.jpg

1 hour ago, transam said:

Dunno, but the pamphlet that folk keep dismissing that is given to us is plain enough to me.......Last para........Scan.jpg.11469a254b1eff91d46664088722084f.jpg

Bottom line is if you try to claim that you are living in the UK when, in fact, you are living in a country where pensions are frozen, you are commenting fraud.

What penalty is levied seems to depend on the whim of the DWP (and the courts).

• Thumbs Up 1
8 minutes ago, RayC said:

Bottom line is if you try to claim that you are living in the UK when, in fact, you are living in a country where pensions are frozen, you are commenting fraud.

What penalty is levied seems to depend on the whim of the DWP (and the courts).

Yes, but they want their money back, that is the biggy..............

If they wanted it back from a dead bloke, the fraudster has no chance........😱

On 4/26/2024 at 11:34 AM, shunter said:

Perhaps a wiser move would be to stop handing out assistance to those who are flocking to the shores of the cornucopia of endless benefits known as the UK, for which they've contributed nothing to nor in the greater majority of them will contribute nothing to whilst they lay in free leeching comfort in the UK. The state sponsored theft of pension payments to some 550,000 ex- pat pensioners  payment is indeed a disgusting and paltry act, penalizing those who have paid in full. Look after your own first please

The clue is in your use of the adjective 'wiser' ... it implies wisdom came into the equation, in the FIRST place!

Something that most certainly was NOT involved!

On 4/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, nong38 said:

A new law is being passed for the DWP in the UK to stop fraud, as from January 1st 2025 they will be able to access bank accounts where they suspect fraud may be taking place, all UK banks and building societies will be included by 2030. Thy will be looking at benefits claimed if you have over 16k in savings and also particularly highlighted, pensioners living abroad who claim to still have a UK address but out goings are going abroad. Data protection seems to mean nothing, privacy nothing. Another nail in Democracy, its the sort of thing I expected from behind the "Iron Curtain " this is in addition to all the surveillance cameras and phone location, things are not what they used to be. Soon the powers that be, the ones voted in will be able to ell you where you can and cannot spend your money.

Anyone got a link to the exact details about the changes taking place from January 25?

12 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Anyone got a link to the exact details about the changes taking place from January 25?

I did watch a YouTube vid on it, sorry, no link. But the lady explained what could happen regarding pension fraud.

I think it was implied that DWP at this stage could "apply" to look at someone's bank account if they thought they were on the fiddle, to see where their money went....

38 minutes ago, transam said:

I did watch a YouTube vid on it, sorry, no link. But the lady explained what could happen regarding pension fraud.

I think it was implied that DWP at this stage could "apply" to look at someone's bank account if they thought they were on the fiddle, to see where their money went....

If you look on youtube for " DWP snooping. " it should come up look for the lady.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Nooo, you can........😉

I have already seen it but if anyone wants to have a look they now know where to look and what for.

I strongly suspect (and sincerely hope) that if this becomes law, the DWP (and the banks) will have enough on their hands targeting benefit fraud, long before they start looking at expats pensions. By having access to recipients' bank a/c info', Benefit fraud, particularly with those on means tested benefits, should be relatively easy to detect --- then would start (possibly) lengthy investigations and prosecutions.

However, finding expats who fail to inform DWP of their whereabouts would not be so easy. Also, there is the (not so) small matter of proving domicility. Many of us expats go "home" from time to time --- who's to say how long for, and exactly where in the UK they are residing? 

The DWP "knows" that I am living with my daughter and the banks and HMRC etc "know" that I am residing at her address. 

DWP will, in my estimation, go for the "low-hanging fruit" of means-tested benefit claimants long before looking at state pension-receiving expats, which, I'm sure, will prove too onerous a task.

• Like 1