Get your re-entry permit before you even get to the Airport

My neighbor went to Vietnam earlier this month and the lady at the Don Mueang airport asked if had an extra passport photo. He did but he didn't know it at the time. She charged him 200 baht for not producing the passport photo. 

If you submit your own form with a photo, you won't be charged an additional 200 baht, it's a service they provide for those without a photo and prefilled TM8.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Furioso said:

My neighbor went to Vietnam earlier this month and the lady at the Don Mueang airport asked if had an extra passport photo. He did but he didn't know it at the time. She charged him 200 baht for not producing the passport photo. 

No she didn't.... She charged 200 baht on top of the re-entry fee for providing the service of taking the photo and filling out the form.

This is the norm at the airport, which is the most convenient place to obtain the re-entry permit for the vast majority of people except those who are perhaps concerned they'd forget. 

Additionally - It'll likely cost more than 200 baht to go to Immigration and then there's the additional time it takes to go to immigration in the first place - is your time is worth less than 200 baht ????

Edited by richard_smith237

11 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Which was very reasonable.  So what is the message?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Which was very reasonable.  So what is the message?

I went to Vietnam as well but already had pre-paid for my re-entry visa when I did my annual renewal. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1