Big Joke and high-ranking officers are summoned by police

webfact

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

I suggest you pick a better link!

Hey, it's only from the new owner of the forum you're currently posting on.... 🙂

ASEANNOW, Thailand’s largest English language forum and a major English language news publisher, has been acquired by The Thaiger from Choice Group Asia Co., Ltd.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1325398-aseannow-joins-the-thaiger-in-strategic-acquisition-to-expand-digital-reach-in-thailand/

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Why do they announce these plans, is it to give them a chance to leave the country, or find a patsy.

Bit like the UK police, go to a "crime" scene with blues and twos, when they arrive all quiet....

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If I recall right, there were reports of Joke and the woman behind the alleged illegal gambling operation being caught on video singing karaoke together at some party... And I thought, from reading various past Thai news reports, some claims that the investigating police had found financial ties between the Joke group and the gambling group.

But at this point, hard to know what is true and what is political maneuvering and infighting.

All in all, though, I stick to my long held view that people don't get to the top of the RTP hierarchy in Thailand without having gotten messy along the way.

Some of what previously has been alleged:

AND

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-police-demand-transparent-probe-into-online-gambling-allegations

Alleged , Hearsay, rumors, gossip. Funny we are not hearing anymore about the online Gambling story ? Where is the proof Surachate was part of it. As for the party/ karaoke, there were a lot of well known  Bangkok personalities there including RTP and lawyers. Everyone participating were invited months in advance and the party well publicized.  Lots of false info around...

Edited by stats
off-topic comments on fellow forum members removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

MPs have immunity from criminal charges while in office unless the House votes to remove it, does the same apply to senators? Maybe Big Joke thinks if he can get elected to the Senate, and delay any criminal case until he does, he can relax for a few years....time enough to "sort things out".

9 hours ago, Purdey said:

Or could it be an accusation without evidence?

Isn't it an "allegation" that is being investigated, ie., based on hearsay and/or circumstantial evidence?

In which case convictable evidence, if there is any, would need be discovered and/or confirmed by the investigation and not be apparent before hand.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

I can remember when quite a few, Thaivisa commenters, were cheering for Big Joke, I wonder what they think now... they seem very quiet  or changed their opinion.

Even now I’m not convinced. I do believe there is an even chance that he’s been set up to stop all his meddling and investigations into police corruption. One is as likely as the other. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, geisha said:

Not at all ! So far there have been  only accusations against Surachate.  It will take real proof for myself and many others to believe otherwise. He has certainly knowledge and proof of a lot of things concerning the RTP and government. I’m quite sure that this proof is in safe hands probably outside Thailand.  One thing he is not, and that’s stupid . 

I deliberately said Thaivisa  for a reason.

11 hours ago, Stocky said:

It was more his criticism and over curiosity about the new immigration bio-security systems and the amount of money 'paid' for them that got him in trouble, and some extra ventilation in his car. Anutin's your man for ridiculous remarks about foreigners.

Well, that is what his well oiled PR machine wants you to believe. I recall constant press conferences, an obsessive hogging of the limelight, and alot of highly ignorant statements coming from this goon. It continued as deputy police chief. That is just who he is. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, that is what his well oiled PR machine wants you to believe. I recall constant press conferences, an obsessive hogging of the limelight, and alot of highly ignorant statements coming from this goon. It continued as deputy police chief. That is just who he is. 

It's true, I had 'I Love Big Joke' with his face printed on yellow t-shirts, for when Immigration came a callin'.   Now I need something new. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

I can remember when quite a few, Thaivisa commenters, were cheering for Big Joke, I wonder what they think now... they seem very quiet  or changed their opinion.

I'm one of them, and I've come to realize it's unwise to cheer for a thai, they've yet to rise above mediocrity. unless they've been raised outside the influences of Thailand, unfortunately 

I wonder how many of the arresting officers feel like hypocrites when arresting fellow police on corruption charges. In fairness it's a world wide problem. I remember a joke about Australian state police. Quite a few years ago the Victorian police were getting a reputation for shooting first. The New South Wales police were well known for the high level of corruption. After planning a joint raid on the NSW/ Victorian border the head of the Victorian police contingent says. We promise not to kill anyone as long as you don't steal anything. Then there was the corrupt Queensland police that went all the way up to the Police Commissioner Terry Lewis who was actually knighted by the Queen. In England you have police arresting people for comments on social media. The police sadly are a necessary evil.  They enforce government laws right or wrong. There needs to be some sort of citizens committee overseeing the police.

• Thumbs Up 1