Ex-Police Chief's Wife Suspected of Seeking UK Citizenship to Escape Charges

webfact

15 hours ago, OldmanJ said:

It appears that if you want a British or Australian citizenship you must meet certain criteria.You must be a scammer,money launder,or some other illegal activity operator to be considered.

So which "scammers, money launderers or other illegal activity operators" [sic] have received British or Australian citizenship in the recent relevant years?

14 hours ago, Grandpa Cool said:
16 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Surely UK police checks would not allow this to move past first base. 

Is there a brown envelope culture in the UK?

Too right, there is, if you have the connections.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, RobU said:

As others have said this story is pure bull****. Applying for UK citizenship is a long drawn out process and the applicant has to be a resident of the uk. She is probably applying for a long term visa, I suspect that BJ wants his family in a safe country before he reveals the depth and breadth of senior RTP and government officials corruption. 

"I suspect that BJ wants his family in a safe country..."

This is not about Surachate's wife.

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

My maths is pretty basic, but receiving a total of 200 million baht from monthly payments of 159,000 baht maximum would take more than 104 years....

It wasn't reported that she received B200.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I suspect that BJ wants his family in a safe country..."

This is not about Surachate's wife.

Thanks Lou, it's already been pointed out to me. My bad

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Do the UK police check every visa request?

They may do for UK offences in the UK, I don't know, but visa checks and citizenship application checks are two very different things and she won't be making an application for citizenship until she's been there for five years.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

Why would the UK want her? And she could be easily extradited right back to Thailand.

UK citizenship is not about the UK wanting the applicant, it is about the applicant wanting to be in the UK and, if a UK citizen, her extradition to Thailand would not necessarily be "easy".

7 hours ago, Boedog said:

the wife trying to flee the country would pretty much tell you he is 100% guilty

...but without evidence of that, and that has not been produced, it would also be nothing more than hearsay from someone with skin in the game.

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Was he involved in money laundering?

She's a madame, could be involved in anything illegal. 

What do you mean by "madame"?  There's nothing exotic about her and she sure isn't French.

On 5/1/2024 at 6:13 AM, spidermike007 said:

People just don't realize the kind of money involved, for the top clowns in the RTP pyramid scheme, like Torsak and the Joke. It would sure be nice to see some of them convicted. It would demonstrate a true step forward. 

As the wife of a crook, she should pay a heavy price for his crimes. Same applies to their kids. They benefitted from the ill gotten wealth. At a minimum they should be subject to great humiliation and outed. 

Yes true but you know that will never happen to an "elite" in Thailand! That kind of punishment is reserved for the working class & peasants!! And if they were to prosecute her she would probably blow the whistle on many more "tall poppies" & Thailand would end up with no RTP hierarchy! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bannork said:

Thailand grants citizenship every year to foreigners. I think they limit it to 100 people per nationality.

Wow....a whole 100? 

This mall island,  Ireland,  grants about 12-15,000 a year to various foreigners. Including hundreds of Thais. 

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand does.

Out of over 300k westerners alone living in Thailand - the total foreigner figure is far, far higher- they generously grant about 100 citizenship a year.  

How many thais get EU citizenship every year? Thousands. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Out of over 300k westerners alone living in Thailand - the total foreigner figure is far, far higher- they generously grant about 100 citizenship a year.  

You don't seriously think that those 300,000 foreigners are wanting Thai citizenship do you?   How many more than the 100 per year wanted citizenship here but couldn't because of the quota?  I'm guessing that you have no idea what those stats are!

Where did you get the "thousands" statistic regarding Thais getting "EU citizenship" and which EU countries granted those "thousands of EU citizenships?   I'm guessing that you do not have that stat, either.

3 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

The EU consists of 27 countries!

On 4/30/2024 at 7:57 PM, webfact said:

Nipapan Sukwimon, wife of Pol. Gen. Torsak Sukwimon, the former Thai police chief, is reportedly applying for British nationality.

I hope she fails.

• Agree 1