Unable To Satisfy Non O Requirements - What Now?

Thailand is such a big hassle now, I always had a Visa when I live there but there other places are as good or better and you won't have such a hard time on the visa. I'm thinking of pulling some investments out of Thailand and going for Vietnam.

absolutely brilliant is right.

Probably the best example on this board of helping others out i've seen for a long time. With no stupid or negative replies, amazing !

Good luck to you Scout and applause to Rito :o

The potential spanner in the works I can see if he is going down the non-immigrant O route is that at some point this bloke is going to get divorced. As far as my understanding of non-O's go, they are for family members of thai citizens.

If the OP gets divorced, aren't we leading him down the garden path a little here (at best) or setting him self up for a fradulent visa application (at worst)?

Anyway, I am prepared to be shot down on my theories. Just don't wanna do this guy a disservice in the long run.

absolutely brilliant is right.

Probably the best example on this board of helping others out i've seen for a long time. With no stupid or negative replies, amazing !

Good luck to you Scout and applause to Rito :o

Bendix hasn't been seen in the visa section for a while, thank god

This year, indeed next week, I am faced with the problem of not being able to show sufficient funds to renew my Non Imm O visa. On top of that, albeit for the moment not an issue, my wife and I are to divorce when "convenient" to me. My question: What the devil do I do? I have been spoilt for the last seven years having had a wife who has taken care of all such matters in a twinkling of an eye and I have just turned up to sign next to the 'X' when required.

I am assuming that I shall have to, as I wish to stay here, obtain a tourist visa and do whatever one does in accordance with those visa regulations. My second question: Would someone please point me in the right direction as to where I should go and what I must do in order to resolve my dilemma? Naive? Yes! Open to ignorant obtuse replies? No thank you!

Are you saying that the "insufficient funds" problem is a temporary thing, and that, in time you may be able to qualify for a retirement visa in place of the non im "O"?(you dont mention your age)

If its a case of diminishing finances brought on by rising Baht/sinking capital, then you have my deepest sympathy

You wont be the last to feel the "bite of the shark" in infested waters so to speak

Those of us that feel comfortable now, may well be in for a little "belt tightening somewhere in the future.

Have you thought about making your base in Malaysia, and getting as many visas for Thailand as you can per year?

Not ideal, i know, but at least its something

Penkoprod

The non immigrant O visa is normally easy to obtain with the marriage certificate and signed/dated copy of spouse ID card or passport. Some Consulates have requested a copy of home register signed/dated also so always good to have with you but probably will not be required. No bank account information is normally required for single entry (which is what Vientiane would issue). If you have 400k in a bank account anywhere you should be able to get a multi entry in Singapore and probably Penang.

Maybe it's just because I've been getting them in London, but I've never had to show funds for a new Multi-O visa. (I generally take the original of the marriage certificate, and a copy of my wife's ID card just.)

Once I even forgot the copy of the ID card, and still got the multi-entry visa. (Although it was something like the 5th one, and I pointed out that my wife was in Bangkok when they asked if I could bring a copy of her card in.)