Many rental listings are nonexistent

I have lived in Bangkok for about 7 months a year since 2004. I lived in 2 different buildings (condo rental) in Silom but now must find a new place. Initially I was very impressed by the number of listings on various agent websites but when I started to inquire I found that 90%  these units were not available (bogus listings or units already rented). Has anyone else had this experience ?

• Agree 1

Yes, it's annoying.  When I finally did find a condo and signed a contract, the place continued to be advertised everywhere.  One of the best things to do is to walk around (maybe not so good when it's this hot!) the area you're interested in and go into the condo office to see if they have any vacant condos.  I've found this quite productive especially if you have one particular area/soi/condo you're interested in.

• Agree 1

Yes, the 'listings' appear to be a way to promote the agent, and the property was either let years ago, or it's just a copy of another agent's listing.

There's also some that just show a photo of the outside of the building, because they don't even have units to let.

As mentioned above, just choose a suitable building by walking the area you want to live, then ask the management office about availability.  Works for rent or buy.