Russian Man's Body Found in Bangkok Canal with Multiple Wrist Injuries

webfact

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I didn't see anything relating to Russian bratva, but anything is possible. 

My initial thoughts is suicide but then it can be made to look that way.  

I just read that the most powerful underworld boss is a Jewish Ukraine born Russian by the name of Semion Yudkovich Mogilevich.  I doubt that you'd want to upset him

The deceased was homeless and demonstrated signs of mental illness. Because he was a Russian national, some have made the inappropriate conclusion that it must be organized crime related. This is not how Russian mobsters execute someone. A hit is intended to send a message and with the Russian mob, when it comes to the  elimination of low level people, the body isn't concealed in the manner that this body was. 

And then we come to your comment offering up the presumed religion of  someone who has no relevance to this death. The man you refer to has not left Russia in well over a decade. He is almost 78 and I would expect that on a good day, he might manage to pee without splattering his underwear. And here you come to offer up that some some arch enemy is Jewish, Ukrainian and Russian hitting the trifecta of hate out of the ball park, as they say. Why you would even reference a presumed religion of a completely unrelated person to this event?  Do you call Al Capone the Roman Catholic mafiosa, or Whitey Bulger the Roman Catholic gangster, or describe the  notorious and violent Asian Boyz gang as Buddhist gang members?        I doubt very much this man practices any religion.

Edited by Patong2021
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I would expect to see a lot more of this in the future, some investigations have revealed that there are over 5,000 organized criminal gangs operating within Russia, and they also operate within 50 different countries. Thailand is inviting them in freely, and does not have a clue about screening career criminals, it would appear.

So, it's only a matter of time before there are more Russian Bratva here, with alot of related violence, and more Vors running around creating problems for many. 

If Australian and Canadian gangsters are allowed in , why not Russian ? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Whatever the reason for death or the man's background, I'm suprised that the Thai authorities consider it  OK to name him before they've contacted his family.

Why puzzled Mr Somebody?  Civilised countries don't release deceased's names until the family have been notified.  Would you like to find out your son was dead via a social media story?

On 5/2/2024 at 7:18 PM, torturedsole said:

Someone went to a lot of trouble. It would have been easier to jump/push in the khlong for just as quick expiry.

Broken glass bottle says to me something not quite right here, although in Thailand you can commit suicide with your hands tied behind your back 

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 10:50 AM, webfact said:

homeless, often seen sleeping on a nearby pavement and close to a local shrine. Many observed him talking to himself

Poor guy, he was 'dead man walking' 

Talking to himself, probably having thoughts going back to Russia, it drove him crazy.

Though of going back to Russia, Putin's war, he was going to end up dead. 

So many Russians here, thinking the same thing, the war has been going too long, these Russian's need money to survive, it runs out eventually, then it's desperation, it sends you crazy. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1