Hua Hin-Suvarnabhumi Airport Service to Roll Out Electric Buses

Good,  lelectric buses and people should more use them as it is good for the enviroment instead of all single cars. But I still don't understand for that reason that there are no stops possible between Hua Hin/ Cha Am and Suvarnabhumi...Reason is Government regulations, but for tourist destiantions as Phetchaburi it would be preferable to get out or in too...Would be much more economic and profitable for the company as they pass on the highway already.. A stop would be easy... anyway the people working at the office are rude and don't care

A step in the right direction, as the air needs to be cleaned up. But small commuter planes would be even better. No matter how good the buses are, they still have to deal with the Rama II fiasco. Getting from Bangkok to Hua Hin or back is no picnic. 

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Just to be clear “as the air needs to be cleaned up” you advocate flying in small commuter planes over using an electric bus ? 

Well there are trade-offs in all aspects of life, but the bottom line is depending upon the time of day it can take many hours to get from Central Bangkok to Hua Hin, using the ridiculously choked highways. So there have to be alternatives especially when the authorities keep droning on and on about wanting to attract more affluent tourists. Those types of tourists have no interest in getting on a bus and sitting in a parking lot that resembles a highway. 

As with all travel, road, rail or air, timing is everything.

We don't go to Krung Thep on Sunday, or Krung Thep to PKK on Friday night or Saturday.   Let the weekenders have that gridlock to themselves. 

Been stuck in 'weekenders' traffic a couple times, to/from Patts & HH ... lesson learned.   Nothing in either location worth that hassle.

Sure as hell don't drive or even take public trans during rush hour in the metros, especially Krung Thep.

Easy for us, as no work or school schedule that only affords weekends off.

17 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Is it me or does the bus in the picture look dodgy as fk, doesn't appear as a new quality EV to me but some copy knock off. Hope i'm wrong.

And 36 seats instead of current 24.

18 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Is it me or does the bus in the picture look dodgy as fk, doesn't appear as a new quality EV to me but some copy knock off. Hope i'm wrong.

What would a "new quality EV" look like according to your opinion? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2024 at 3:09 AM, ikke1959 said:

But I still don't understand for that reason that there are no stops possible between Hua Hin/ Cha Am and Suvarnabhumi...Reason is Government regulations, but for tourist destiantions as Phetchaburi it would be preferable to get out or in too...Would be much more economic and profitable for the company as they pass on the highway already.. A stop would be easy... anyway the people working at the office are rude and don't care

Premium direct route. There are buses that make stops on that route but they take twice as long and cost half the price.

On 5/3/2024 at 2:16 PM, Peterphuket said:

We NOT waiting for busses from HH to BKK, we WAITING for airplanes from HH to BKK for many years!

Yes, that's sad.

I'm very happy (and lucky) to be able to use the plane (Air Asia Thailand)  from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin, without any stop. And very cheap too, if you book the ticket some time before the departure day. By this way you are avoiding all the bumps and sh@t-holes plus the traffic jam on the annoying trip through Bangkok.

• Agree 1