Pattaya Airways Launches Air Cargo Operations with New Freighter

george

PATTAYA AIRWAYS.webp

PATTAYA: -– Thailand's airline industry welcomes a new player as Pattaya Airways enters the air cargo market with its first ATR 72-500 freighter aircraft. The recent arrival marks a significant milestone for the airline, which aims to address the increasing demand for regional cargo services. With regulatory approval pending, Pattaya Airways expects to initiate flights in the fourth quarter of 2024.

Strategic Acquisition

The decision to acquire an ATR 72-500 freighter reflects Pattaya Airways' focus on short-haul regional routes. ATR 72 aircraft are known for their fuel efficiency and versatility, making them well-suited for the airline's intended operations. The first of two dry-leased ATR 72-500 freighters arrived in April 2024, with the second expected for delivery in May.

"The introduction of our first dedicated cargo freighter signifies a major step for Pattaya Airways," said a company spokesperson. "We see a strong opportunity to contribute to Thailand's growing logistics sector by providing efficient and reliable air cargo solutions."

Addressing Regional Demand

Pattaya Airways aims to fill a gap in the regional air cargo market. Southeast Asia is experiencing significant economic growth, with a corresponding increase in demand for efficient cargo transportation. The airline plans to serve both domestic routes within Thailand and connections to neighboring countries.

Positive Industry Outlook

The air cargo industry is responding favorably to Pattaya Airways' entry into the market. Analysts note that a dedicated cargo airline with a focus on regional routes has the potential to streamline supply chains and enhance connectivity within Southeast Asia. This development aligns with increasing trade and e-commerce activities in the region.

Growth Potential

While Pattaya Airways starts with a modest fleet, the company has outlined its ambitions to grow over time. The airline's initial focus will be on establishing a strong foundation, securing customer confidence, and optimizing routes. As it gains experience, Pattaya Airways may consider expanding its fleet, adding new destinations, and potentially exploring long-haul cargo operations in the future.

About Pattaya Airways

Pattaya Airways is a privately-owned Thai cargo airline committed to providing reliable and efficient air cargo services within Thailand and the wider Southeast Asian region. The company anticipates receiving its Air Operator Certificate (AOC) from Thai authorities later this year, paving the way for its launch in the fourth quarter of 2024.

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-05-04

6 minutes ago, george said:

With regulatory approval pending, Pattaya Airways expects to initiate flights in the fourth quarter of 2024.

I feel a Déjà vu  in connection with the ill fated ferry service x 2

• Confused 1

Pattaya Airways has been set up under the Pattaya-Group, which has been in operation since 2013, when it started  operating ground services at U-Tapao International Airport, under the name Pattaya Aviation Company Limited.

Pattaya-Group, currently also has a total of 8 subsidiaries;

Pattaya Aviation Company is the main business, providing integrated ground services to both domestic and international airlines. 

Pattaya Air Cargo Company operates air transportation within the country.

Pattaya Air Inter Cargo Solution Company operates international air transportation. 

Pattaya Ai Terminal Company operates a business in developing systems and technology, used in the aviation industry. 

Pattaya Aviation Training Centre Company operates training and development, of aviation skills 

Pattaya Global Management Company conducts management business, for both the government and private sector projects 

Pattaya Hospitality Management Company operates a hotel management and tourism business. 

Pattaya Aviation Security Company operates a security, at U-Tapao.

The core business, currently, is Pattaya Aviation Company, where operations began at U-Tapao Airport, and have expanded to various airports across Thailand, including Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang Airport, Chiang Mai Airport, Phuket Airport.

Pattaya Aviation Company has over 2000 ‘professionals’, offering

Passenger services

Load control

Ramp services 

Cargo services

Aircraft cabin cleaning

Lounges services

Private and charter flight services

Ground support equipment services

Ticketing services.

13 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

operations began at U-Tapao Airport

13 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Pattaya Aviation Company has over 2000 ‘professionals’, offering

Passenger services

Load control

Ramp services 

Cargo services

Aircraft cabin cleaning

Lounges services

Private and charter flight services

Ground support equipment services

Ticketing services.

All have failed at U-Tapao.

22 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Can you expand on how they have failed, as your comment lacks any information or details.

Details on Pattaya Aviation Company, below.

https://www.pattayaaviation.com/

My experience dates back to January 2023.  I tried to elicit some information about parking charges during a holiday to Samui with my daughter from UK.  After three emails (in English which are often not answered in Thailand whatever the company) I gave up & my daughter found the required data from UK.

On arrival we found the security screening of our luggage to be a joke as much as the youngsters manning the machine did. After a couple of searches they gave up & we wheeled our cases across to another area allowing any terrorist ample opportunity to interfere with it.

The waiting area was dirty & unfinished; ridden with mosquitos.  Passengers could not buy refreshments from the sole vending machine unless they had a Thai app on their phone; my daughter & husband newly arrived at BKK did not have (nor did I.)

After a delightful return journey via Samui airport (all that an airport should be), I collected my car for the return journey to my home in Pattaya.  The parking charges were less than I thought though I had to wake up the guard at the (open) gate to pay so he might have been dreaming.

The security-minded admirals who ban photos during take-off/landing have obviously never heard of Google Earth/Maps.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

My experience dates back to January 2023.  I tried to elicit some information about parking charges during a holiday to Samui with my daughter from UK.  After three emails (in English which are often not answered in Thailand whatever the company) I gave up & my daughter found the required data from UK.

On arrival we found the security screening of our luggage to be a joke as much as the youngsters manning the machine did. After a couple of searches they gave up & we wheeled our cases across to another area allowing any terrorist ample opportunity to interfere with it.

The waiting area was dirty & unfinished; ridden with mosquitos.  Passengers could not buy refreshments from the sole vending machine unless they had a Thai app on their phone; my daughter & husband newly arrived at BKK did not have (nor did I.)

After a delightful return journey via Samui airport (all that an airport should be), I collected my car for the return journey to my home in Pattaya.  The parking charges were less than I thought though I had to wake up the guard at the (open) gate to pay so he might have been dreaming.

The security-minded admirals who ban photos during take-off/landing have obviously never heard of Google Earth/Maps.

So almost the same as you posted on trip advisor.

U-Tapao airport is owned by the Navy and run by the Department of Airport, so I wonder how many of you claimed issues were with Pattaya Aviation Company, which you have stated as “All have failed at U-Tapao.”

Bye and try to have a good day.

IMG_2623.jpeg

So almost the same as you posted on trip advisor.

Of course it is; I've not been back so I don't know if anything has changed as I explained in my 1st sentence.

Bye and try to have a good day.

Thank you for your felicitations; I have a good day most days.  If you enjoy my work enough to research me, there's lots to enjoy on my web-site.