Global Warming still Confusing You?: Don't know Albedo from Albino???

21 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Insurance companies are in business to maximise profits. They are not in business to help people and often deny claims of all sorts.

Insurance companies have to compete with other insurance companies. They set premiums according to the risk they perceive.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

A nothing post is when you say look over there at obesity. Although it is another manifestation of human stupidity.

Argument ad hominem is all trolls have got when they have no facts.

According to the attached link, more than 61,000 people died from heat-related causes in Europe alone, in 2022.

https://www.preventionweb.net/news/risk-heat-related-deaths-has-increased-rapidly-over-past-20-years

How about you post your link to the 12,000 Climate-related deaths you are claiming.

Another nothing post. Claiming to be a scientist without knowing cold weather kills more people than hot weather by a ratio of 9 to 1 and that's being conservative. I give you an F.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2015/05/20/cold-weather-deaths/27657269/

This study found a 20 to 1 ratio.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Insurance companies have to compete with other insurance companies. They set premiums according to the risk they perceive.

Crime is a big factor on home insurance but you failed to mention that. 

Just now, Lacessit said:

Deniers are only interested in cherry-picking data points which support their beliefs, Mike.

Like what you did with your hot deaths? Embarrassingly ignorant.

• Sad 1

I will not debate climate change with a denier, because they tend to ignore facts and the logical conclusions. While they may cherry pick data, they lack the critical thinking and emotional detachment skills to acknowledge the overall situation. This is not to be insulting to them, evolution has selected for these traits, I won't fault people for who they are. I encourage putting opinions aside and evaluating the actual overall data before postulating.

Climate deniers tend to use these arguments:
1) There is no climate change.
2) There is climate change, but it's not influenced by human activity.
3) There is climate change, but the effects are good for the environment (e.g. plants utilize CO2).
4) There is climate change, and I don't care (e.g. I'm rich and can afford to personally avoid the effects, I'll be dead before it's really bad, etc).

Ask yourself what kind of denier you are. See if you can find data that might change your mind. Be aware of "Confirmation Bias" factor, where people give more credence to articles (data and/or opinion) that agree with them than articles that don't.

1 minute ago, ibjoe said:

I will not debate climate change with a denier, because they tend to ignore facts and the logical conclusions. While they may cherry pick data, they lack the critical thinking and emotional detachment skills to acknowledge the overall situation. This is not to be insulting to them, evolution has selected for these traits, I won't fault people for who they are. I encourage putting opinions aside and evaluating the actual overall data before postulating.

Climate deniers tend to use these arguments:
1) There is no climate change.
2) There is climate change, but it's not influenced by human activity.
3) There is climate change, but the effects are good for the environment (e.g. plants utilize CO2).
4) There is climate change, and I don't care (e.g. I'm rich and can afford to personally avoid the effects, I'll be dead before it's really bad, etc).

Ask yourself what kind of denier you are. See if you can find data that might change your mind. Be aware of "Confirmation Bias" factor, where people give more credence to articles (data and/or opinion) that agree with them than articles that don't.

You are currently benefiting from fossil fuels every minute of every day. Not to mention there are dozens of killers worldwide far more dangerous than "heat" but if you happy to post information that is incorrect that is up to you. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Another nothing post. Claiming to be a scientist without knowing cold weather kills more people than hot weather by a ratio of 9 to 1 and that's being conservative. I give you an F.

Another look over there post. The title of the thread: " Is global warming still confusing you?"

How do you reach the conclusion I don't know cold weather kills more people on the basis I don't mention it?

Are you a shill for the fossil fuel industry?

Please explain to me how you can pass judgment on my science abilities if you have no qualifications or experience of your own.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Another look over there post. The title of the thread: " Is global warming still confusing you?"

How do you reach the conclusion I don't know cold weather kills more people on the basis I don't mention it?

Are you a shill for the fossil fuel industry?

Please explain to me how you can pass judgment on my science abilities if you have no qualifications or experience of your own.

Good luck. I can see you are not worth talking to. Anybody who talks about hot deaths and ignores cold deaths is not worth the time of time. 

11 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The author, Gale Pooley, is a Professor of Economics. The last person anyone should be consulting on the impact of climate change.

When you see a guy talking about an Infinitely Bountiful Planet, he's obviously got his head up his fundament.

Obviously, you have drunk his Kool-Aid.

5 hours ago, susanlea said:

Fossil fuels improved lifestyles by over 90% and extended life expectancy by over 3 years. You should be more grateful and positive. Posting scaremongering on the internet is pretty sad as obesity kills 2.8m per annum compared to only 12,000 from climate. I blame the education system and the media.

I'm sure we're all grateful for the comfort but the fact is, if you understood the science of course, which you plainly do not, that if we burn all the energy reserves the sun has provided the earth for the last few million years all in one go, we're going to wipe out all life here permanently, fat, thin, human  or innocent wildlife.

• Love It 1

46 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Good luck. I can see you are not worth talking to. Anybody who talks about hot deaths and ignores cold deaths is not worth the time of time. 

Who's ignoring 'cold deaths?' Try reading up on entropy, chaos theory and basic thermodynamics. Clue: put more energy into a complex system and you get further extremes of heat and cold. Yes, global warming can also cause very cold weather too! 

Continuing to argue from a clueless standpoint is just annoying, please let it go.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Katatonica said:

Who's ignoring 'cold deaths?' Try reading up on entropy, chaos theory and basic thermodynamics. Clue: put more energy into a complex system and you get further extremes of heat and cold. Yes, global warming can also cause very cold weather too! 

Continuing to argue from a clueless standpoint is just annoying, please let it go.

You just proved yourself to be clueless. Most weather related deaths are not at the extremes. Shot yourself in the foot.

Edited by susanlea
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Katatonica said:

This quote was in the link I posted above which you failed to read.

"Cold weather is 20 times as deadly as hot weather, and it's not the extreme low or high temperatures that cause the most deaths, according to a study published Wednesday.

The study found the majority of deaths occurred on moderately hot and moderately cold days instead of during extreme temperatures."

When people can't read links, know nothing about weather deaths then preach "climate crisis" it really becomes a clown show.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Extreme cold weather caused by global warming is dangerous, yes, more severe storms, higher winds, crazy hailstorms, all caused by unsettling the global thermal equilibrium that let life thrive on planet earth. You're not even qualified to sit the exam dear.

Just now, Katatonica said:

Extreme cold weather caused by global warming is dangerous, yes, more severe storms, higher winds, crazy hailstorms, all caused by unsettling the global thermal equilibrium that let life thrive on planet earth. You're not even qualified to sit the exam dear.

Stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. Try reading the studies if you are capable.

19 minutes ago, Katatonica said:

Another study proves you wrong.

"Research.

According to the new study by researchers at the University of Illinois Chicago, patients who died because of cold temperatures were responsible for 94% of temperature-related deaths, even though hypothermia was responsible for only 27% of tempera"

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200818142149.htm

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

This quote was in the link I posted above which you failed to read.

"Cold weather is 20 times as deadly as hot weather, and it's not the extreme low or high temperatures that cause the most deaths, according to a study published Wednesday.

The study found the majority of deaths occurred on moderately hot and moderately cold days instead of during extreme temperatures."

When people can't read links, know nothing about weather deaths then preach "climate crisis" it really becomes a clown show.

Why are you arguing about 'weather deaths' now? We're discussing the science behind climate change. It's obvious to anyone that cold kills more than warmth, far more places in the world where the cold will kill you in minutes than that hot ones will. For instance cold water can kill in under a minute: let me know if you know of anyone dying of warm seawater: no-where in the world is it hotter than a nice hot bath.

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Another study proves you wrong.

"Research.

According to the new study by researchers at the University of Illinois Chicago, patients who died because of cold temperatures were responsible for 94% of temperature-related deaths, even though hypothermia was responsible for only 27% of tempera"

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200818142149.htm

I think you're a bit confused: that proves me right.

Why are you arguing about 'weather deaths' now? We're discussing the science behind climate change. It's obvious to anyone that cold kills more than warmth, far more places in the world where the cold will kill you in minutes than that hot ones will. For instance cold water can kill in under a minute: let me know if you know of anyone dying of warm seawater: no-where in the world is it hotter than a nice hot bath.

Let me know when you have some new information worth reading. So far you have posted incorrect information and nonsense.

I think you're a bit confused: that proves me right.

You sound very confused. Next time read the link before embarrassing yourself. Not met a climate crisis person with much of an idea. Hopefully it happens one day but I doubt it. Climate crisis only appeals to the lower levels that don't look at the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, ibjoe said:

Ask yourself what kind of denier you are.

well according to your list I'm  a number 2 and 3 denier 😋

2) There is climate change,

but it's not influenced by human activity.(much)

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 1:06 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

a.  This is Albedo:

image.png.0238b2a98c2006f997deb21722d65119.png

b..

This is Albino...

Always found this a good aide memoir:-

Facts correct as to release date in 1976. Facts spoken by Keith Spencer-Allen, who was the recording engineer on the album.

Looking at a November 2023 report from ControlGlobal.com, then current figures are:-

Screenshot_20240506-131730_Chrome.jpg.8eef5d4d3f6d67bf8f56ef1e796cffef.jpg

So a change of 10% in 48 years! Yikes!!!!

Maybe the Mediterranean countries have always had the right idea, paint everything white.

Edited by RayWright

5 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

You asked for evidence of rising seas and I gave you an article to read. Presumably you're not really interested in that evidence, otherwise you would have read the article I gave you and said thank you, alternatively you would have searched yourself for more news but from a journal that better agrees with you. Oh well.

You suggest I didn't read the item. How would you know I didn't? The article was a link to a 'news paper', how is that evidence? Most, if not all 'news papers' print what will sell, and global warming is all the rage at the present time. Thailand is experiencing high temperatures at present, as is much of S.E.A. Much of Europe is having extremes of hot and cold weather at this time, it is not unusual in both instances. The sun has had extremes of plasma ejections recently, could that not have an impact on the earths climate? And the main reason, if any sea level increases would be so much rubbish being dumped into it. Multi-million tons of rubbish displaces multi-million tons of water, or is that a fallacy? And as stated earlier, the Maldives are still there.

27 minutes ago, Surasak said:

You suggest I didn't read the item. How would you know I didn't? The article was a link to a 'news paper', how is that evidence? Most, if not all 'news papers' print what will sell, and global warming is all the rage at the present time. Thailand is experiencing high temperatures at present, as is much of S.E.A. Much of Europe is having extremes of hot and cold weather at this time, it is not unusual in both instances. The sun has had extremes of plasma ejections recently, could that not have an impact on the earths climate? And the main reason, if any sea level increases would be so much rubbish being dumped into it. Multi-million tons of rubbish displaces multi-million tons of water, or is that a fallacy? And as stated earlier, the Maldives are still there.

I'm sorry but I can't discuss this topic with you. I was trying to be helpful by giving you a link and now I find myself on the receiving end of a lecture about the objectives of the media, lessons in pseudo science and how an excess of coke cans is displacing seawater!  Please, just leave it there between us. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

I'm sorry but I can't discuss this topic with you. I was trying to be helpful by giving you a link and now I find myself on the receiving end of a lecture about the objectives of the media, lessons in pseudo science and how an excess of coke cans is displacing seawater!  Please, just leave it there between us. 

Well, you didn't answer the question as to how you would know I didn't read the article. Or was that just an assumption? Which would let you off the hook.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A nothing post is when you say look over there at obesity. Although it is another manifestation of human stupidity.

Argument ad hominem is all trolls have got when they have no facts.

According to the attached link, more than 61,000 people died from heat-related causes in Europe alone, in 2022.

https://www.preventionweb.net/news/risk-heat-related-deaths-has-increased-rapidly-over-past-20-years

How about you post your link to the 12,000 Climate-related deaths you are claiming.

"According to the attached link, more than 61,000 people died from heat-related causes in Europe alone, in 2022."

Not surprising when most of the 'heat' related causes were due to the lack of gas to heat the houses. That was about the time Gazprom collapsed I believe?

2 minutes ago, Surasak said:

That was about the time Gazprom collapsed I believe?

Gazprom didn't collapse   there where concerted and deliberate efforts to deny Europe  Germany in particular of cheap Russian gas

Remember the Nord stream pipeline

( Putin did not blow up his own pipeline)

just part of the idiotic push to end fossil fuels  when we are no where near having viable alternatives  and sustain our current standards of living.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Gazprom didn't collapse   there where concerted and deliberate efforts to deny Europe  Germany in particular of cheap Russian gas

Remember the Nord stream pipeline

( Putin did not blow up his own pipeline)

just part of the idiotic push to end fossil fuels  when we are no where near having viable alternatives  and sustain our current standards of living.

The most likely hypothesis is Gazprom itself blew up the pipeline in order to avoid massive financial penalties for breach of contract. With the pipeline gone, Gazprom could then invoke force majeure.

• Haha 1