Remembering your V8 Muscle car........

8 minutes ago, Chongalulu said:

The best description I heard of American V8 muscle cars is ” How to turn money into noise” 😆 

Never heard of that one, but those involved with muscle cars as a hobby, like me, no full well the costs, but that is the same with any hobby, unless a hobby like playing Draughts or Dominos.........🤭

I also had a boat on the UK south cost for years, my hobby was sea angling, loved it, but that also costs money.........🤗

You only live once, do what you want to do if you can................:intheclub:

A lot of people these days are used to high RPM japanese style engines which, whilst reliable and fuel efficient, whine like an electric sowing machine. Personally, there's no thrill quite like sitting in a muscle car and counting the beats, the sound alone is worth half the expense.

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Never heard of that one, but those involved with muscle cars as a hobby, like me, no full well the costs, but that is the same with any hobby, unless a hobby like playing Draughts or Dominos.........🤭

I also had a boat on the UK south cost for years, my hobby was sea angling, loved it, but that also costs money.........🤗

You only live once, do what you want to do if you can................:intheclub:

Well yes, I did track days on many of the UK circuits . Silverstone was my nearest. Not a cheap hobby and at 11.7mpg in my M3 £100+ in fuel alone was just part of the cost! Didn't see any Muscle cars amongst some of the more expensive participants. McLaren, Ferrari along with pure track cars and hot hatches made for an interesting mix! 

Live aboard dive boats and Skiing in top resorts also expensive...but worth it to me. Understand exactly what you're saying. 👍 

On 5/6/2024 at 12:10 AM, marin said:

1970 to 74. Dodge Charger, 383 V8 with a Holley 4 barrel carb. Damn it was fun, but eventually gave it up for something more practical upon university graduation. 

1970-Dodge-Charger-RT-HEMI-8.webp

1970-Dodge-Charger-RT-Se----Mecum2.avif 155.01 kB · 1 download

I have kicked myself for not scooping one of these up when they were simply "used cars" at a resonable price. And the green one juts like that would have been my first choice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

My friend who is nearing 70 still has the heart of a motor head.

He posted this beauty he recently purchased and stated that he will soon start racing it.

National Trail Raceway!!

FB_IMG_1715060445834.jpg

On 5/7/2024 at 10:45 AM, transam said:

Great............:thumbsup:

I flew over for the Daytona 500 in 1995, got 4 tickets off a friend's friend who had a British Bike shop in the USA. Of course, we made a 2/3 week trip of it, that was fun....:clap2:

My high school friend and baseball teammate was the President of Daytona Speedway for a number of years.....  RIP Robin!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:00 AM, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

70 Cuda 440 6 pack

65 Mustang fastback

72 Cutlass convertible 

AMC Gremlin orange with a brown drivers side door

My HS friend had a Gremlin...straight 6 and very fast for such a small light stock car. And his sister had an AMC Javelin that was pretty quick too for a stock car.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 4:59 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aussies had many V8 muscle cars.

I'm a Holden V8 guy. 

HQ Statesman V8 5sp

Toarana's 308 & 253

WB panel van 253. 

and some 6cyl. HR 192, triple SU's 

I had a couple of Ford's

XA, GT 351, 

XB 302 

And a Triumph Stag, sadly she didn't like the Sydney hot summer days. 

In the '80s I imported a 77 Transam, black T top, 4sp. from California.

An importer, from Beverly Hills in Sydney organised the import for me. 

I've been following this gay guy for some time now.

He shows the most amazing, beautiful, original old American cars.

The yanks made the best cars, in the 50's and 60's.

I'm so disappointed to see what Australians had to choose from back then.

https://www.facebook.com/charlesphoenix.usa?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, HuaTapuu said:

I drive 66 Buick, 455+TH400, central Thailand. 

20231209_210015.jpg

Very nice..

There is a guy near me with a 70 Pontiac Bonneville, but sadly the Poncho motor has gone, it now has a Toyota V8, which is better than nothing...🤗