Whats the legal age of consent in Thailand. Its confusing.

9 hours ago, susanlea said:

Human brains don't fully develop until late 20s.

That's why Idaho wants to raise the age of consent to 29.

This would also finally bring Idaho into the Guiness Book of Records, as the only country in the world that really protects children (defined as under 29) from predators. 

As for sex with a 16y.o. met in a bar... I wouldn't know, whether it's illegal,  technically maybe legal. But whereas Thai law enforcement did tolerate this at the time it happened,  I am not so sure they would tolerate it nowadays.

And law enforcement of many home countries would see this as underage prostitution. 

On 5/7/2024 at 2:22 PM, advancebooking said:

So is my mate safe if he consummates the friendship with the 18 yr old when he is aged more than double? No legal issues possible? 

Tell "your friend" to twiddle his thumbs till she is 20 "to be sure, to be sure".

With foreigners, the law may not be applied as it is to Thais.

I dated a 19-year-old when I was much nearer her age in LoS way back and she said at the time in theory her parents could complain as she was not 20.....= clear as mud then isn't it ?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Tell "your friend" to twiddle his thumbs till she is 20 "to be sure, to be sure".

With foreigners, the law may not be applied as it is to Thais.

I dated a 19-year-old when I was much nearer her age in LoS way back and she said at the time in theory her parents could complain as she was not 20.....= clear as mud then isn't it ?

Someone posted before that for all practical purposes 18 is good enough. 

"In theory "  is really just "in theory".

Now, if she is the daughter of the local money-lender or the provincial boss of the police or of susanlea...But I guess you shouldn't date this kind of person at any age.

Edited by Lorry

3 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

The fact your mate has to actually ask is alarming.  Kind of sick in my opinion.  Plenty ladies his own age. 

What's the point of such a comment?

If a guy in his 40th asks about the legality of a relationship with an 18 yo girl, do you really think he is interested in a lady of his own age?

It's like asking a Ferrari driver if he thought about changing to a beetle. The answer is: NO. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Lorry said:

Look at the world map above and see how wrong you are. North Dakota, Montana, Idaho and Utah etc are not exactly "most Western countries". They are not even most states of one Western country.

Places where 15 is still under the age of consent are actually a small minority of all Western countries. They are just Britain and all her colonies, very few others. 

I always found the obsession of the anglophones with "pedos" a bit strange,  this world map is really quite interesting. 

and germany at 14. I was shocked to read that. 

2 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Haha. His own age. What guy in his right mind wants an old lady his own age. Get real

Most married people are within 8 years of each other. Don't know what planet you live on.

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And some enjoy their life.

al-pacino-Noor-Alfallah-tout-030524jpg-b

This is how the majority of expats who find very young girls from the poorer districts see themselves. As Al Pacino and Mick Jagger. 

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

This is how the majority of expats who find very young girls from the poorer districts see themselves. As Al Pacino and Mick Jagger. 

Ignoring the obvious "very young girls" silliness, how are they any different to Al Pacino or Mick Jagger?

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Ignoring the obvious "very young girls" silliness, how are they any different to Al Pacino or Mick Jagger?

Many of those attracted to celebs like Pacino and Jagger is often educated, creative and have their own career 

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Did they need someone to provide for them? 

An interesting question.

If I might counter with another: do the Thai women who marry older foreingers really "need" them? Would they be homeless and hungry without their older foreign partners? Or would they just be getting by, much like most other people in their socio-economic class?

According to those critical of age gap relationships, the couples have nothing in common and the younger partner could not possibly find the men attractive, so, if they don't "need" them, why are afluent women with OAP celebrities in the first place?

Perhaps it's really the same in both cases, they don't technically "need" the man, but they can make their lives better with their money and their social status.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

An interesting question.

If I might counter with another: do the Thai women who marry older foreingers really "need" them? Would they be homeless and hungry without their older foreign partners? Or would they just be getting by, much like most other people in their socio-economic class?

According to those critical of age gap relationships, the couples have nothing in common and the younger partner could not possibly find the men attractive, so, if they don't "need" them, why are afluent women with OAP celebrities in the first place?

Perhaps it's really the same in both cases, they don't technically "need" the man, but they can make their lives better with their money and their social status.

Some thai women is stigmatized by social status, skin colour, mental challenged and find it easier to chase foreigners either by prostitution or other channels. Comparing that to a white privileged woman? 

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some thai women is stigmatized by social status, skin colour, mental challenged and find it easier to chase foreigners either by prostitution or other channels.

They're still Thai in Thailand.  Women in Western countries can experience the same thing.  Most Thais can find work enough to support themselves.  Unemployment is very low in Thailand.

As for "mentally challenged".  They cannot work due to being mentally disabled, so they have to marry an older foreigner?  That sounds a little weird.

29 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Comparing that to a white privileged woman? 

What on Earth does race have to do with anything?  Women who marry pop/movie stars are from countries where race is isn't a factor in how likely it is that they will be able to live independently.  Non-White women in Western countries aren't forced to marry older men to survive.

You've kind of gone a little off the rails here.  I think perhaps you've tried too hard to find a way to disagree with what I wrote, and you've stopped thinking logically.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

They're still Thai in Thailand.  Women in Western countries can experience the same thing.  Most Thais can find work enough to support themselves.  Unemployment is very low in Thailand.

As for "mentally challenged".  They cannot work due to being mentally disabled, so they have to marry an older foreigner?  That sounds a little weird.

What on Earth does race have to do with anything?  Women who marry pop/movie stars are from countries where race is isn't a factor in how likely it is that they will be able to live independently.  Non-White women in Western countries aren't forced to marry older men to survive.

You've kind of gone a little off the rails here.  I think perhaps you've tried too hard to find a way to disagree with what I wrote, and you've stopped thinking logically.

I didnt expect to find any understanding for my points, and thats why this tread already is 12 pages to long. Older men who defend older men who choose younger women way below their weight!

Not surprised thinking of many I personally have met in Thailand, and experienced their view on women in grneral, and learn were they come from, both culturally and class, as well lifestyle. 

40 year pluss men marry 16 - 20 years poor women! Go figure

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Is Al Pacino shagging Mick Jagger?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I didnt expect to find any understanding for my points, and thats why this tread already is 12 pages to long. Older men who defend older men who choose younger women way below their weight!

Not surprised thinking of many I personally have met in Thailand, and experienced their view on women in grneral, and learn were they come from, both culturally and class, as well lifestyle. 

40 year pluss men marry 16 - 20 years poor women! Go figure

At least you accept that it would be ok if they marry a 21-yo. That's something.

Or would it only be ok if she would be rich? 

Edited by OneMoreFarang

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least you accept that it would be ok if they marry a 21-yo. That's something.

Or would it only be ok if she would be rich? 

Do you agree there is a huge difference from 16 to 20? And maybe less from 20 to 24? 

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Do you agree there is a huge difference from 16 to 20? And maybe less from 20 to 24? 

Yes, I agree.

I think the even more important aspect is that not all people develop fast to the same level. Some 16-yo are more developed/mature than 20-yo or even 24-yo.

I think that is maybe also a point for this discussion. Some of us would start a relationship with some <18 girls. But at least for me, or my younger self, I wouldn't start a relationship with anybody, only because they are young. Over the last 20 years in Thailand, I met only a few <18 who I would have considered as gf. All were old enough to know what they were doing.

On 5/6/2024 at 4:01 PM, Gottfrid said:

Don´t care about that. Your friend is a loser that can´t find a women of his own age in his country. So, just have to travel to see poor young girl to fulfill his dreams. that´s the essence of a pervert.

Well there's a hell of a lot of us 'losers' then.

Would I want a relationship with an 18 year old?  Not a chance.

Would I bang an 18 year old that offered it? Absolutely!

You're welcome to as many women of your own age with boobs like envelope flaps and stretch marks as you can handle Mr Temple-goer. I'll stick to something that remains reasonably attractive.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lorry said:

Someone posted before that for all practical purposes 18 is good enough. 

"In theory "  is really just "in theory".

Now, if she is the daughter of the local money-lender or the provincial boss of the police or of susanlea...But I guess you shouldn't date this kind of person at any age.

I think it is first day of age 19 you can't be extorted by the parents...so good luck under 19...cradlesnatcher !

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Well there's a hell of a lot of us 'losers' then.

Would I want a relationship with an 18 year old?  Not a chance.

Would I bang an 18 year old that offered it? Absolutely!

You're welcome to as many women of your own age with boobs like envelope flaps and stretch marks as you can handle Mr Temple-goer. I'll stick to something that remains reasonably attractive.

, YES, Sounds like that on you reply. You also seem to have difficulties understanding. I am not a temple-goer. What I am is a guy the have found a 10-year younger wife, which I am faithful to. Neither does she have any big falling boobs. Just handsize ones that still stay up good at the age of 44. That´s like the normal path in life. You also don´t understand there are almost no 18 year old women that are offering sex to guys 45+. Just look in you home country. How many free bang will you find?

But coming here a stating that 18 year old girls are offering you to bang them is easy. Just to get up your wallet as they always want you to pay. Means you are buying sex, dude!

Another aspect that might make you think, but I think your way of normal thinking pattern is long gone. Do you have a wife? And would still bang an 18 year old that offered? In that case it says a lot about you, and I feel truly sorry for your wife. Also you might not be married and just what we call a sex tourist. In that case you have chosen to be alone and bang as much as you can. How about when you get really old? Maybe the last 10 years of your life. How will you feel sitting there alone, and have no one around you, no one to talk to. It will be very quiet and lonely, right.

I know having a 10 year younger wife is not a guarantee for that she will still be around when I am old, but I like the odds.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1