When do EVA Air release seats to book for November

As above, have just booked our flights for November with EVA and wanted to select seats and pay the extra to get seats we want, but on EVA website every seat on the plane is showing as ‘not available’ (greyed out)

any idea when they become available to book? 

5 hours ago, mrblonde said:

As above, have just booked our flights for November with EVA and wanted to select seats and pay the extra to get seats we want, but on EVA website every seat on the plane is showing as ‘not available’ (greyed out)

Did you select a class of ticket that permits advance seat selection? Airlines will nickel and dime customers with varying options these days. Even an airline's frequent flier can miss the changes being made. I've never flown EVA, but it's possible that they lumped the seat selection option into the first-step of fare selection, like several European airlines do? KLM used to have the seat selection after you had progressed most of the booking, but nowadays, it's either allowed or disallowed in the initial drop-down list under each coach fare type. If you miss that when you select the fare, the seat selection option will be skipped.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Did you select a class of ticket that permits advance seat selection? Airlines will nickel and dime customers with varying options these days. Even an airline's frequent flier can miss the changes being made. I've never flown EVA, but it's possible that they lumped the seat selection option into the first-step of fare selection, like several European airlines do? KLM used to have the seat selection after you had progressed most of the booking, but nowadays, it's either allowed or disallowed in the initial drop-down list under each coach fare type. If you miss that when you select the fare, the seat selection option will be skipped.

As an adjunct, some airlines only open up online seat assignment much nearer the actual flying date.

Keep in mind that all seat assignments can be changed by the boarding staff and cabin crew upon boarding in order to meet operational expediency, safety, security or whatever other excuse they offer for their incompetence.

Eva from experience is one of the best carriers for economy passengers and one of very few that I wouldnt stress over middle seats should it be assigned

I've still only once (on BA staff travel) not sat in my preferred aisle seat back in the 90's

Multiple times I've been assigned the dreaded window seat on many airlines and yet at check in no problem to change to aisle even though "greyed out" at online check in

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 3:44 AM, mrblonde said:

That's  funny, I use Eva exclusively never have I seen this I just booked a flight for next Feb and had no problem " paying " for prefer seat.

Curious, provide dates destination, time, flight I take a look for you.

I won't  be booking Eva again as they gave my pre-booked aisle seat to a supposedly needier person alongside my family and moved me to a cramped window seat on the other side of the plane as a result of which I lost them on disenbarking and fell on the travelator whilst looking for them injuring my elbow

19 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

I won't  be booking Eva again as they gave my pre-booked aisle seat to a supposedly needier person alongside my family and moved me to a cramped window seat on the other side of the plane

That's a royal pain and it's not like it's optional either. I suspect at least half of these so-called needier people are pulling fast ones and I've seen it with my own eyes, although I've never experienced anything of the sort in business class, which is surely down to available space, i.e. business class customers have no need to pull a fast one because there's no discernable benefit, whereas in economy...

20 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

as a result of which I lost them on disenbarking and fell on the travelator whilst looking for them injuring my elbow

Not sure falling over on the travelator is EVA's fault, although appreciate you were obviously wound up by the earlier game of musical chairs.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:44 PM, mrblonde said:

I fly 3 or 4 times per year LHR-BKK-LHR with Eva. Usually, I am booking around 9 months in advance. The option is always available to select seat during the booking process although I am not charged due to membership tier. 

Have you been on the Manage Your Trip section of the EVA website? There is the opportunity to select your seat. I would ensure that you are on the website page applicable to the country in which you made your booking. If UK, the 'globe' in the top right corner of the website should say 'United Kingdom (English)'.

If you are not a member of Star Alliance/EVA Evergreen rewards program then maybe this option is not available?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Keeps said:

I fly 3 or 4 times per year LHR-BKK-LHR with Eva. Usually, I am booking around 9 months in advance. The option is always available to select seat during the booking process although I am not charged due to membership tier. 

Have you been on the Manage Your Trip section of the EVA website? There is the opportunity to select your seat. I would ensure that you are on the website page applicable to the country in which you made your booking. If UK, the 'globe' in the top right corner of the website should say 'United Kingdom (English)'.

If you are not a member of Star Alliance/EVA Evergreen rewards program then maybe this option is not available?

Good post Keeps....

• Thanks 1

I know that it's like a bank account experience but I wil NEVER fly EVA again....the worst flight and the most miserable staff you could only have in a nightmare !!

I had an emergency leg operation last year, just 2 weeks before my BKK-LHR flight.
I contacted Head Office in Taiwan and explained the situation, with photos of my crutches and bandaged leg including a medical letter stating I'm fit to fly but leg MUST be raised and medication is required during the flight. They said 'don't worry, everything will be taken care of'

When I board the flight via wheelchair assistance (that I had to arrange myself with the airport) the staff was not aware of my condition and said that the flight was full and that I had to wait for tomorrow's flight instead....WTF !!

NEVER again will I use or recommend EVA

5 hours ago, QPRFC said:

I know that it's like a bank account experience but I wil NEVER fly EVA again....the worst flight and the most miserable staff you could only have in a nightmare !!

I had an emergency leg operation last year, just 2 weeks before my BKK-LHR flight.
I contacted Head Office in Taiwan and explained the situation, with photos of my crutches and bandaged leg including a medical letter stating I'm fit to fly but leg MUST be raised and medication is required during the flight. They said 'don't worry, everything will be taken care of'

When I board the flight via wheelchair assistance (that I had to arrange myself with the airport) the staff was not aware of my condition and said that the flight was full and that I had to wait for tomorrow's flight instead....WTF !!

NEVER again will I use or recommend EVA

So when you checked in at the counters what did ground handling say ?