Father and Children Seriously Injured After Collision with Guardrail in Pattaya

628949_new-1024x580.jpg

A Thai man, aged 40, and his two young children were injured in a motorcycle accident in Pattaya last night, May 6th. The crash, which involved a guardrail on Highway 331, took place near Baan Koh Kao in the Khao Mai Kaew area.

Alarmingly, the incident happened around 8:50 PM in the inbound lane of the highway, which is located in Banglamung district, Chonburi province. On arrival, the Pattaya Sawang Boriboon Foundation rescue team found the man, known as Mr. Khanti Inpech, severely injured by the roadside. His 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter were also found injured, although less seriously.

Their motorcycle, a Honda Scoopy-I, was damaged as it hit the guardrail. Reports suggest that Mr. Khanti lost control of the motorcycle leading to the crash. All the injured were immediately rushed to the nearest hospital.

The real cause of the accident is currently under review.

Photo courtesy of The Pattaya News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

How hard is it for the cars and riders to drive and ride in a straight line here ??

Its astonishing the amount of 'incidents' that happen because people fail to navigate a straight road !!!... 

Did his tyre blow out or something ??...    luckily his kids were not seriously hurt, hope they were wearing helmets. 

Kwilco will be along soon to tell us all how we don't understand the complexities of driving here, we are all over convident and are terrib;e drivers / riders ourselves because we don't analyse the anatomy of an accident as he does !!! :giggle:

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How hard is it for the cars and riders to drive and ride in a straight line here ??

Scoopy i is a small wheel scooter.

Instable wobblers.

I hate riding such ALONE.

He had two sons on the pillion.

Do you think there were three helmets worn?

31 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Instable wobblers.

Very unlikely IMO - which makes it somewhat miraculous that they weren't severely injured. 

I understand the economic constraints that forces a family onto a Motorcycle instead of a car - but really, how expensive is a helemet compared to bike...  I know I know...   some people are so poor they can't afford a helmet, or thats the usual excuse... but is it really a viable excuse when it comes to the life of your child ?????

12 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Quite a dark road. Headlight on? 

I can't turn mine off......more a question of whether the lights were working.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Instable wobblers.

Actually his son and his daughter.

Three on a 2 wheeled vehicle is illegal for starters. 

Probably shared one helmet between them if there was one at all.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

628949_new-1024x580.jpg

A Thai man, aged 40, and his two young children were injured in a motorcycle accident in Pattaya last night, May 6th. The crash, which involved a guardrail on Highway 331, took place near Baan Koh Kao in the Khao Mai Kaew area.

Alarmingly, the incident happened around 8:50 PM in the inbound lane of the highway, which is located in Banglamung district, Chonburi province. On arrival, the Pattaya Sawang Boriboon Foundation rescue team found the man, known as Mr. Khanti Inpech, severely injured by the roadside. His 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter were also found injured, although less seriously.

Their motorcycle, a Honda Scoopy-I, was damaged as it hit the guardrail. Reports suggest that Mr. Khanti lost control of the motorcycle leading to the crash. All the injured were immediately rushed to the nearest hospital.

The real cause of the accident is currently under review.

Photo courtesy of The Pattaya News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Many reasons for this accident. Too late to ask🙏

Some posts denigrating the News Team have been removed, any problems with the text or headlines should be reported and we can put them right but criticizing news stories as some people like to do is trolling and must stop.

Please take note of the following forum rule

17. The ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognized and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, criticizing grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Instable wobblers.

Ah I see!. His 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter were also found injured, although less seriously.