Where can I find a Fax machine?

giddyup

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I made it very clear from my first post that I wanted to use somewhere locally to send a fax, nobody has actually provided than information. Go hassle someone else.

You were provided that information already in the form of use the local internet cafe. But it's not free.   

18 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Strange OP, to be honest. The answer has been provided in various forms but you're still not happy.

Why didn't you mention your reluctance in the OP.  There's no helping some people.

It not strange at all...  he wants to 'pop down the road' and use a fax....    this used to be something readily available but with technology is now less common place... 

So.. he's asking for local information...  something convenient in town...   Its not a difficult question to understand. 

In lieu of a 'real fax' there are alternatives which people have provided - but the Op has still shown a preference for a 'real fax'...  

use it and pay someone 100 baht or whatever it is...   simple if its available. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I made it very clear from my first post that I wanted to use somewhere locally to send a fax, nobody has actually provided than information. Go hassle someone else.

Am I on your ignore list?

Even added a picture of the shop.

Why not give it try?

Other posters also gave advice where you still might find a tradition FAX service.

The endless "FAX service on internet" tips might be useless if the bank really expects a proper FAX with sender number (from Thailand?).

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I am not going to sign up to possibly some scam site that starts billing me every month for sending one fax. If that's reluctance, tough titty.

I note you edited your original post to remove go annoy someone else.

Okay then, I've tried to help as have many others on this thread.  Good bye and good luck. Ignore.

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The endless "FAX service on internet" tips might be useless if the bank really expects a proper FAX with sender number (from Thailand?).

I don't think the bank is interested, as long as it's delivered by fax. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Fax machines are very old school, no one really uses them now.

You should study German government health organization :cheesy:

They collected COVID data and sent it via FAX to the headquarters where they were typed into a database.

Statistics way behind reality. No sending FAX on the weekend.

Similar applies to other organizations in the country.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

I don't think the bank is interested, as long as it's delivered by fax. 

If I knew. Try and error?

My last FAX was about 10 years ago from an internet cafe in Pattaya.

Tips about printers with FAX: nice but how many here have an "analog" telephone connection? Installation of new ones for private users has been ended as far as I know.

Edited by KhunBENQ

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ai-yaaa.... 

I know the meaning of this Asian exclamation, mostly to be heard uttered by those raised from an early age in Chinese-speaking cultures, principally HK, but also Taiwan and China.

Music to my ears!!!!

Sir!

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If I knew. Try and error?

My last FAX was about 10 years ago from an internet cafe in Pattaya.

Tips about printers with FAX: nice but how many here have an "analog" telephone connection? Installation of new ones for private users has been ended as far as I know.

Digital is the way forward.

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Just use a free fax service available on internet and can we please close this thread?

who are you to ask for threds to be closed ? just leave instead you...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do they still offer the service or is it just a forgotten sign?

(in the past almost all internet cafes offered FAX)

There is an "internet cafe" (one of the few remaining) on South Pattaya rd. opposite the T-junction of Soi Buakhao. Right of the Advice shop (further right is Tukcom). Try your luck.

image.png.01fdcfdc6159c047231965c8da9573d0.png

Sorry, I did miss your post, and no, you aren't on ignore. Thanks, will give it a try.

I had a hand held wand scanner that worked not too bad.  I have used a few free fax programs that allow me to fax from my computer any file, be it a photo, a pdf, a WORD document etc.  Taking a photo with my smart phone, email it to my computer, then use the fax program.  I know there are phone apps that could do it, but I prefer to use my computer.  bigger and easier to read and drag and drop, sign as needed, then fax, etc.

On 5/8/2024 at 1:31 PM, giddyup said:

My bank in Australia has asked me to verify my Thai address for the issuing of a new credit card, and Fax the details to them. Do people still use Faxes? I might add the first of the three letters I received today was dated 8th February, so that took 3 months to get here! 

Some old bloke here might still have one and happy to give it to you for free.

But honestly, I don't know any bank which will require a fax message. They can print your mail. I'm sure.🙏

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, newbee2022 said:

But honestly, I don't know any bank which will require a fax message. They can print your mail. I'm sure.🙏

I ended up ringing them, asked if they had a email address I could send the details to, answer no, but you can give me the details over the phone, so a new card is on it's way. Thanks for the offer though.

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 6:59 PM, KhunBENQ said:

You should study German government health organization :cheesy:

They collected COVID data and sent it via FAX to the headquarters where they were typed into a database.

Statistics way behind reality. No sending FAX on the weekend.

Similar applies to other organizations in the country.

An axis thing then? As  “ fax from land line only accepted “ is still big in Japan a joke among expats there how about Italy?

Edited by Captain Monday

On 5/8/2024 at 1:35 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Usually they will accept scanned docs, email to them, can use your smartphone....or a kodak type shop

Add a digital signature.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I ended up ringing them, asked if they had a email address I could send the details to, answer no, but you can give me the details over the phone, so a new card is on it's way. Thanks for the offer though.

Tell me that's not true 🤗😄😂

I don't get this. The bank asked OP to fax verification of address but then accepted details over the phone. Surely that's why you can add/edit address details on internet banking or via bank app...

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

As I have said previously, there is no email address for them, only a phone and fax number.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I don't get this. The bank asked OP to fax verification of address but then accepted details over the phone. Surely that's why you can add/edit address details on internet banking or via bank app...

There was nothing to edit, same address for 14 years. I sent a message via ANZ online secure banking but received no reply.

Edited by giddyup

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Its not about the 'mail' being able to be read mail... Its about legal requirements for a signature.

HSBC Singapore was exactly the same - they'd only accept a fax for certain instructions.

HSBC in other area's accept digital signatures.

QNB in Doha required fully handwritten letters to be posted when I wanted to close my account (even though were there was a secure mail system with their online banking / they also rejected a typed letter with a handwritten signature / and wouldn't accept a scanned copy or a fax).

On 5/8/2024 at 8:31 AM, giddyup said:

My bank in Australia has asked me to verify my Thai address for the issuing of a new credit card, and Fax the details to them. Do people still use Faxes? I might add the first of the three letters I received today was dated 8th February, so that took 3 months to get here! 

You might be able use the fax build into your computer's OS.

On 5/8/2024 at 3:48 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Fax machines are very old school, no one really uses them now. A scanned copy of your document(s) should be sufficient. There again if Australia are still in the realm of fax machines who knows. They wont ask for a fax once they come out of the stone age.

I used to use the mini remote post office shops (red signage) around Pattaya a few years ago...they had fax machines.No guarantee these days. The Canadian gov't still prominently displays fax numbers for correspondence to this day. Isn't a land line required to use these relics. I never had a land line installed when we moved into our house in 2007...somehow we managed.