L'Opera Restaurant

As many will know L'Opera Italian Restaurant recently reopened after a lengthy refurbishing.It was quite a popular dining spot for many years.I am not sure whether it is under the same ownership/management but I have had very conflicting reports on quality/service etc. Anyone tried it recently and if so would they recommend it?

4 minutes ago, jayboy said:

As many will know L'Opera Italian Restaurant recently reopened after a lengthy refurbishing.It was quite a popular dining spot for many years.I am not sure whether it is under the same ownership/management but I have had very conflicting reports on quality/service etc. Anyone tried it recently and if so would they recommend it?

I used to go there a lot back in the day and it was always superb but haven't been since it reopened. I have friends who have been though and the consensus was food was ok (so-so) but service was terrible. Not my first hand experience though so take it or leave it for what it's worth.

L'Opera was excellent back in the day. 

I'll await reports of food and service quality before I give it a try again.

Hope this isn't a repeat of what happened to a favorite German restaurant. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I used to go there a lot back in the day and it was always superb but haven't been since it reopened. I have friends who have been though and the consensus was food was ok (so-so) but service was terrible. Not my first hand experience though so take it or leave it for what it's worth.

Same here.Used to go there a lot.What you say about the current position accords with what I have heard from a couple of friends.But I have also had a very favourable report.Any other recent visits?

Edited by jayboy

I thought you were referring to the one in Pattaya, when it opened in the 80' it was the only building around

everything around it was a barren land, Not so much now, however, the food there was fairly mediocre 

even in those days...

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I thought you were referring to the one in Pattaya, when it opened in the 80' it was the only building around

everything around it was a barren land, Not so much now, however, the food there was fairly mediocre 

even in those days...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Pan Pan?