UN General Assembly Backs Palestinian Rights Amidst Rising Tensions

27 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"Btw, when the war ends, Netanyahu will be held to account by his own people,and probably end up in court. And not just for corruption.".

I hope so but don't think so.

I agree. Lately, on the topic of war crimes and accountability, I came upon the My Lai massacre in Vietnam. After reading the whole story, I wanted to throw up.

39 minutes ago, Presto said:

Btw, when the war ends, Netanyahu will be held to account by his own people,and probably end up in court. And not just for corruption.

What will Netanyahu get prosecuted for , in regards to this war ?

What crimes has he committed ?

• Sad 1

On 5/11/2024 at 8:16 AM, Presto said:

I'm not talking about the UN. Anything the UN or UNSC does or says, Israel will give it the middle finger anyway. With the support of America of course.

I'm talking about you suggesting that 143 countries should buy some land somewhere for the Palestinians. 

Israel has indiscriminately bombed Gaza, making it uninhabitable, while at the same time supporting illegal settlers in the West Bank driving Palestinian farmers from their land.

Not long ago Netanyahu showed a map of where Israel should be: from the river to the sea. 

I call that deliberate ethnic cleansing, since the end goal is clear.

You may call it anything you want of course.

The really sad and rather pathetic truth on this issue is that nobody wants the Palestinians and that's why nobody has ever offered to give them land or give them refugee status. They are pariah's within the Arab world. I'm not making any value judgments on that nor am I trying to explain why, it just seems to be the way it is. 

They are not well liked throughout the Arab world, though the Arab world seems to find it convenient to come to their defense, when they are being oppressed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The really sad and rather pathetic truth on this issue is that nobody wants the Palestinians and that's why nobody has ever offered to give them land or give them refugee status. They are pariah's within the Arab world. I'm not making any value judgments on that nor am I trying to explain why, it just seems to be the way it is. 

They are not well liked throughout the Arab world, though the Arab world seems to find it convenient to come to their defense, when they are being oppressed. 

I agree with that, although I've read somewhere sometime that there are more Palestinian dentists in New York than in Palestine.

I don't know what it is with Arab countries. I know they discriminate against foreign labor, from SE Asia, on a regular basis. I know Egypt won't take in Palestinians from Gaza, because Israel will never take them back. It's part of Israel's ethnic cleansing, and Egypt is well aware of that. Jordan has a lot of Palestinians already, maybe too many.

I sure hope this situation doesn't paint Palestinians as a people inherently evil, from infant to the elderly.

• Agree 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:33 PM, Hanaguma said:

Well then, those 143 countries can get together and pony up a bit of land for the Palestinians to live on. Or they can pull the coins from under their sofa cushions and pay for Gaza to be rebuilt once Hamas is gone.  It is easy to preen and pose until you actually have to pay the bill. 

How about Israel give them the land that they stole back?. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no question that Netanyahu and the extremist Orthodox supporters of his are homicidal and genocidal

Agreed. Absolutely no question. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no question that Netanyahu and the extremist Orthodox supporters of his are homicidal and genocidal. The IDF is engaging in terror by slaughtering tens of thousands of innocent women and children to a completely disproportionate degree, compared to the Hamas terror attacks.

It appears to be ethnic purification, so Israel has gone from a nation of Holocaust survivors to a national purveyor of terror. 

Its completely proportional  to keep fighting until the hostages are released and the war criminals bought to justice , that is the bare minimum to stop fighting against Hamas .

Israel are trying to stop any future Holocausts 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Palestinians were offered refuge in neighbouring Jordan , Egypt and Lebanon .

The grouped together in Jordan and Lebanon , formed  military groups and tried to take over the Countries which caused civil wars in both Countries .

That is why neighbouring Countries do not want them 

They are also disked because many Palestinians are former Jews who converted to Islam and some Arabs still regard then as being sort of Jewish and thus hate them for that 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Presto said:

You can add the words 'Jewish supremacy' and 'racism' to that.

There might be something to that, and when you consider the fact that they're about one DNA strand apart, they're absolutely the same people, except perhaps culture, education and religion. Which does make a difference, of course. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

That's an interesting point of view, because to some of us it appears as if they're trying to start one. I get going after Hamas, but I don't get killing tens of thousands of women and children. There has to be a better way, Netanyahu must be stopped. 

There is no other way though .

Can you suggest some other way to get the hostages back and the hostage takers facing justice in a Court or them being killed  ?

What other way is there  apart from military action ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There might be something to that, and when you consider the fact that they're about one DNA strand apart, they're absolutely the same people, except perhaps culture, education and religion. Which does make a difference, of course. 

Like you, om referring to the extreme right in Israel. I don't know how Netanyahu is thinking, but he definitely has that ' river to the sea,' idea in his head. Maybe more important, he relies on the extreme right in his cabinet, and that's why they're not kicked out after those guys (one of them a convicted terrorist) make the most horrendous statements.

Edited by Presto

1 hour ago, Presto said:

I don't know how Netanyahu is thinking, but he definitely has that ' river to the sea,' idea in his head. 

So, you DO know what Bibi is thinking ?

First you say you don't know, then go on to state that you do actually know what he is thinking 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, spidermike007 said:

Due to the ridiculously disproportionate bombardment of Gaza and the ongoing genocide committed against women and children, this is a wonderful development. Israel needs to be as isolated as possible from the rest of the world, they barely deserve standing in the United Nations anymore. 

Given the israeli representative shredding the UN Charter, perhaps they should be given a divorce.

I'd support every country that doesn't want to have the US veto everything setting up an alternate UN that doesn't have a security council or a veto, obviously not in the US. Then they could sanction israel as much as they like.

The present one is useless at stopping conflicts anyway, so what use is it?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That's an interesting point of view, because to some of us it appears as if they're trying to start one. I get going after Hamas, but I don't get killing tens of thousands of women and children. There has to be a better way, Netanyahu must be stopped. 

Even israelis want to stop netanyahu.

16 hours ago, Presto said:

I sure hope this situation doesn't paint Palestinians as a people inherently evil, from infant to the elderly.

It's not, but it sure is doing that to the other side.

Even now there is a chance for redemption, but if it ends the way I think netanyahu and his cabal want, I doubt israel will ever be regarded without disdain again by most.

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It could be that they remind Arabs of their impotence against the crusaders, or they may like that Palestine is a running sore against israel.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There is no other way though .

Can you suggest some other way to get the hostages back and the hostage takers facing justice in a Court or them being killed  ?

What other way is there  apart from military action ?

Sacrifice the hostages for the sake of peace. Surely a few hundred are worth tens of thousands of women and children. 

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Sacrifice the hostages for the sake of peace. Surely a few hundred are worth tens of thousands of women and children. 

UN has an update for you. The main stream media seems to be very late in getting this out. Figures for women and children have been halved. Stop believing Hamas and no, that's a vile thought to sacrifice hostages. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Just allow Hamas to keep the hostages and not try to get them back ?

Allow the murderers , rapists , baby killers and baby kidnappers to go free ?

There needs to be justice , criminals need to be bought to justice . 

Countries need to be aware that if they attack Israel, there will be reprisals for the attack .

That is the way to secure peace 

• Like 1

UK’s FM: Hostage deal is ‘right answer’ to ending war, the ‘problem goes back to Hamas’

British Foreign Secretary David Cameron says that a deal to secure the release of the hostages held in Gaza is “the right answer” to end the war between Israel and Hamas.

“My view is that the right answer is to try and stop the fighting by having a hostage deal, achieving a pause in the fighting and then using that to build a sustainable ceasefire without going back to further conflict,” Cameron tells Sky News.

“But the problem is it goes back to Hamas,” he says. “Hamas have been offered a deal which would release hundreds of prisoners from Israeli jails, that would provide a pause in the fighting… and they’re not taking that deal.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/uks-fm-hostage-deal-is-right-answer-to-ending-war-the-problem-goes-back-to-hamas/