Why isn't Philippines the upcoming

Posted (edited)

This whole topic should be merged with the topic below or simply just deleted. It's just a rehash/repeat of the same topic/narrative GG posted a week ago under a different title:

It's all been fully compared in the topic above between PI and LOS with regards to the girls, food, infrastructure, religion, language, cost of living, beaches, dangers, annoyances, quality of life, natural disasters, etc.

Edited by Dioj

Were they kind of neck-and-neck around 2000 but Bangkok has moved far ahead on urban development ?

I remeber visiting both around that time, and it seemed they were not much different.

35 minutes ago, Dioj said:

This whole topic should be merged with the topic below or simply just deleted. It's just a rehash/repeat of the same topic/narrative GG posted a week ago under a different title:

GG Junior (the other GG is GG senior) has started multiple threads on pretty much every Southeast Asian country.

We should start gambling to bet where he will end up.

3 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

GG Junior (the other GG is GG senior) has started multiple threads on pretty much every Southeast Asian country.

Millwall, South London....(poo hole)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

There was no Facebook when I first visited the Philippines in the 90s (when I was in my 30s) and it wasn't in existence when I left. All my relationships with Filipinos were in the flesh as I lived full-time there for many years. I'm certain that most girls at age 18 are not virgins despite them being fundamental Christians or another religion. I am also certain that most of what you learn about them in Facebook Messenger is nonsense.

You think I would ask her if she's a virgin? In Facebook messenger? As a Christian? A fundamental Christian female? Okay. We live in a different world!

Anyway. Nice that you enjoyed your life at a time when there weren't any phones! In my youth we also didn't have any phones (or just those cool Nokias) and it was amazing to actually interact with girls back then. Poor boys nowadays are completely left out of it as their female counterparts are chasing some randommale  underwear model in some other part of the world.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Met a 75 year old guy from Philippines in my home country.

He escaped the country.

He had a power grab issue with the local mayor and the mayor put a price on his head.

Place must have been totally lawless way back when.

22 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

You think I would ask her if she's a virgin? In Facebook messenger? As a Christian? A fundamental Christian female? Okay. We live in a different world!

Anyway. Nice that you enjoyed your life at a time when there weren't any phones! In my youth we also didn't have any phones (or just those cool Nokias) and it was amazing to actually interact with girls back then. Poor boys nowadays are completely left out of it as their female counterparts are chasing some randommale  underwear model in some other part of the world.

I don't know - it was you who brought up the virgin topic. I do live in a different world. I'm in my 60s and don't spend time on Messenger chatting to girls... in fact, I just divorced a Filipino last year after 13 years of marriage and 20 years together. My time of dating young girls is long past.

Most Filipinos are Christian, but by birth and tradition more than faith, so corrupting them wouldn't be difficult.

Back about 20 - 25 years ago, in bars, the virgins would wear tags to indicate they couldn't/wouldn't go out on bar fines, but apparently, it was a scam and most were fake virgins looking for big payments.

24 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Met a 75 year old guy from Philippines in my home country.

He escaped the country.

He had a power grab issue with the local mayor and the mayor put a price on his head.

Place must have been totally lawless way back when.

It hasn't changed since "way back then". Wealthy clans still run the show in the deep provinces. Everyone is on the take - police, lawyers, judges, mayors. The central federal government has little penetration or control when you leave the big cities.

Summary executions are common all over the country. Some provinces are worse than others, but provinces like Samar, or the far North of Luzon can be particularly brutal.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I don't know - it was you who brought up the virgin topic.

You kinda did. I just said that it would be possible to marry a virgin in the Phillipines. And I still believe that, with a little bit of effort. The huge difference to Thailand is that even the most rural girl will be able to communicate in English. So the chances are just much higher. Who in Thailand speaks English and who of those are interested in 'farang'?

I have time, not need to rush things. Otherwise I could just go on and use harlots and hire somebody to clean my house. Wouldn't make a difference. I am not in need of somebody who gives me 'emotional support' and hug me if I cry because the climate is changing.

22 hours ago, JensenZ said:

do live in a different world. I'm in my 60s and don't spend time on Messenger chatting to girls... in fact, I just divorced a Filipino last year after 13 years of marriage and 20 years together.

That's unfortunate to hear! But that's life, I guess. "Our pain has purpose".

Edited by stats
trolling comment removed
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Thai Girls:

- Cute faces

- More petite / slimmer

- Less emotional

- you most likely will land a former bar girl

- Probably older than you

- More money focused

- More dominant later in relationship

- Voodoo religion and fear of ghost

- Western feminism is coming

- Will replace you if you don't feed the water buffalo

Filipinas:

- Not so cute faces

- Petite girls are not unusual but lesser

- Can be very clingy, 1st date on Airport and it's already a marriage

- You can even land a virgin if you are serious about marriage

- 10-20 years younger than you

- Money is a factor, but not to extreme levels

- will stay submissive if you don't export her to your country

- Christianity

- Western feminism is coming as well, but at a much slower pace (divorce still illegal?)

- Chances are slim that she will actually divorce you

They are more fertile, and often pregnant after first visit.

Philippines is great, Dumaguette is a great place to settle and have as base. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hummin said:

They are more fertile, and often pregnant after first visit.

Philippines is great, Dumaguette is a great place to settle and have as base. 

I suppose that I've lived in Thailand since 2006 points to the fact that I have no interest in living in the Philippines again or even having a relationship with a Filipino. I have visited Dumaguette a number of times in the past and never liked it or understood the attraction for it, other than there being a university there, I suppose. I went there on scuba diving trips.

If I had to find a place to resettle there, the choice would be difficult, but at least I would need to be somewhere central in a big city. I've lived in provinces (Cavite, Leyte) and wouldn't want to do that again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

When I went to Manila last year I was disappointed 

3 hours from Bangkok and only parts of it are similar to Bangkok ,when I see parts only a few streets look great 

The public transport is rubbish decrepit 

The question is why Manila  Philippines is not a major city with great infrastructure tourism etc like Bangkok

Why not?

They have great english etc but their city is BS ,why ?

I don't think I would either live in Bangkok city nor in Manila. There are better places🙏

Amazingly the Filipino people support young Marcos 

His father did nothing

That city could has potential to become the next business city 

Great call centres etc 

Build a proper Transport system!

Nice railway, nice buses 

Do something with your city !!!!

16 hours ago, stoner said:

wasn't it like 90 percent of japan was bombed in ww2. manila should look like tokyo by now. 

But the US occupied and rebuilt Japan under under the leadership of Douglas Macarthur whle the PI were granted their independence from US so were led by Philippine presidents who had to borrow money from the US to re-build.  Actualy many Of the local people wanted to be a US state vs an independent country.  I was assigned there a couple of times and there was still an office calling for US statehood.  Poor and I guess some corrupt leaders hasn't helped it to progress much.

17 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Despite your personal feelings about Filipino English, it's easier to understand for most people than many dialects throughout the world, including from the English language's original source in the UK. The purpose of all languages is communication and Filipino English does the job. They are sought after in call centres worldwide because they are easy to understand.

they're not sought after because of their English..........it's because they're cheap. Their spoken English in general is quite good but their grammar and spelling is atrocious. 

YOU must be from Philippines to suggest filipinos speak better English than English people lol. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Dioj said:

I only smoke weed that's been eaten by a Labrador first and then pooped back out. It's become the most sort after weed and probably the most expensive because of the curing process 

Nice to see Cheech and Chong still live on...

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

Thai Girls:

- Cute faces

- More petite / slimmer

- Less emotional

- you most likely will land a former bar girl

- Probably older than you

- More money focused

- More dominant later in relationship

- Voodoo religion and fear of ghost

- Western feminism is coming

- Will replace you if you don't feed the water buffalo

Filipinas:

- Not so cute faces

- Petite girls are not unusual but lesser

- Can be very clingy, 1st date on Airport and it's already a marriage

- You can even land a virgin if you are serious about marriage

- 10-20 years younger than you

- Money is a factor, but not to extreme levels

- will stay submissive if you don't export her to your country

- Christianity

- Western feminism is coming as well, but at a much slower pace (divorce still illegal?)

- Chances are slim that she will actually divorce you

Filipinas have become more similar to the Thai chick's in regard to their focus on money over the years. 30 years ago way better than their Thai counterparts,  now a lot less so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, save the frogs said:

perhaps the GG -S and GG-J are one in the same....as both seem to communicate the same way.....if they are in fact 2 people i wouldnt want to be stuck in the middle seat on a plane with them.....cue comic book guy from simpsons at his computer all day

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

They need someone in power who wants to "modernise" their city 

A proper SkyTrain .

More skyscrapers 

Better roads 

Tourist attractions 

for you or for them?.....maybe they like it this way?.....maybe you should become a citizen and run for president  as you seem to have it all figured out....

• Sad 1

From what I have seen posted by people who have actually been there, the main advantages are the people speak English, and long-term visas are a simple process.

Against that, food is awful, and personal safety is a real issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, the PI has the SRRV program.  Once this version of the Filipino retirment ivisa is granted it is good for life.  One has to pay an annual renewl fee to maintain it.  I can get another year on my OA visa and then it might be time to settle in Cebu on the SRRV.  

For more information on the SRRV look at pra.ph.gov

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

for you or for them?.....maybe they like it this way?.....maybe you should become a citizen and run for president  as you seem to have it all figured out....

I think change will be difficult in the PI. The PI government wants to convert the Jeepnesy to electric and this has not been received.  I believe there are about 40 more million people in the PI than LOS.  Also, the PI is a series of islands with very little actual land than can be lived on or even deverloped. For me I have known and worked with Filipinos for many years and feel I could actually relate to them better than the Thai's.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

perhaps the GG -S and GG-J are one in the same....as both seem to communicate the same way.....if they are in fact 2 people i wouldnt want to be stuck in the middle seat on a plane with them.....cue comic book guy from simpsons at his computer all day

OMG, merely the thought of being placed in the middle of those two anywhere in the world, even for a second, just caused me to throw up a little bit in my mouth. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

From what I have seen posted by people who have actually been there, the main advantages are the people speak English, and long-term visas are a simple process.

Against that, food is awful, and personal safety is a real issue.

Yep. I visit maybe twice a year for work, and for short trips it is fun. Great nightlife, great people, very fun loving (similar to Thai in that respect).

But overall the city is a turdhole and dangerous (although I've never felt unsafe to be fair). Traffic is terrible, infrastructure (public transport) almost non existent. Worst airport in the world. Worst food in Asia - even the western restaurants are awful. Taxis are horrible. The internet is terrible, decades behind Thailand! Guns everywhere, fast food restaurants everywhere. Banking is terrible. Everything is in cash (you see money trucks all over the city). And the accent is very irritating. 

On the plus side it is cheap (well, price of beer is anyway), as mentioned the people are great, the girls are fun, it is easy to communicate. But to me it doesn't feel very Asian, it is too American.

Good for a visit, no way could I live there. Bangkok is decades ahead in every respect.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Traffic is terrible, infrastructure (public transport) almost non existent. Worst airport in the world. Worst food in Asia - even the western restaurants are awful. Taxis are horrible. The internet is terrible, decades behind Thailand! Guns everywhere, fast food restaurants everywhere. Banking is terrible. Everything is in cash (you see money trucks all over the city). And the accent is very irritating. 

Sounds exciting!