Elderly woman's buffalo herd goes missing in Buriram

webfact

image.jpeg

An elderly woman from Buriram province is in distress after her entire herd of 10 buffaloes has mysteriously disappeared.

The woman, aged 72, had planned to sell the buffaloes to pay off a debt to the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives.

Local highway police received a report from the woman about the missing buffaloes and launched a search operation, but unfortunately, the buffaloes could not be found.

The woman, relying on local beliefs, lit incense sticks in hopes of divine assistance in locating her missing animals.

The woman explained that her buffaloes, which she usually allowed to roam freely in the rice fields, vanished on May 9 without a trace.

With her intended source of income now gone, she faces financial uncertainty and is appealing to the public for help in recovering her herd.

If anyone has information about the whereabouts of the missing buffaloes or has seen them, the woman urges them to come forward.

She has offered forgiveness to anyone who might have taken the buffaloes if they are returned safely.

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-13

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, webfact said:

relying on local beliefs, lit incense sticks in hopes of divine assistance

I need some help finding an ex girlfriend from Buriram, god I miss her. ❤️

I'll ask this woman for help and get out incense sticks out. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 1

Hi is this Noi hows the weather in pattaya I've got a small problem all the buffaloes have disappeared as I wasn't watching them! Can you demand some cash from your white atm buffalo?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I need some help finding an ex girlfriend from Buriram, god I miss her. ❤️

Last seen it seems she doesn't miss you... 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The woman, aged 72, had planned to sell the buffaloes to pay off a debt to the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives.

My guess they went to the shark she used to pay off some of the previous banks debt

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

An elderly woman from Buriram province is in distress after her entire herd of 10 buffaloes has mysteriously disappeared.

Local highway police received a report from the woman about the missing buffaloes and launched a search operation, but unfortunately, the buffaloes could not be found.

The woman, relying on local beliefs, lit incense sticks in hopes of divine assistance in locating her missing animals.

The woman explained that her buffaloes, which she usually allowed to roam freely in the rice fields, vanished on May 9 without a trace.

With her intended source of income now gone, she faces financial uncertainty and is appealing to the public for help in recovering her herd.

If anyone has information about the whereabouts of the missing buffaloes or has seen them, the woman urges them to come forward.

She has offered forgiveness to anyone who might have taken the buffaloes if they are returned safely.

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-13

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

"lit incense sticks in hopes of divine assistance in locating her missing animals"

Always the same problem. Finding the right God to pray to....

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Not the right ones obviously.

To steel 10 buffaloes is not so easy. Probably at night with a big truck or several pickups. I suppose it's a gangland thing.

🙏

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

And you know this is an open forum, right? If I see a post that basically laughs at a persons real problem, then I will continue to reply. Please point out where they fun is suitable in this piece of news. after that, you can also point out in general, where the fun was in your post. You know, maybe you can educate such a thick person like me.

Did you read the article? 

The woman, is relying on local beliefs.

She lit incense sticks in hopes of divine assistance in locating her missing animals.

Do tell, I bet you believe in superstitions and 

- fairy God mother 

- Santa Claus 

- Hocus pocus 

etc. 

The article is laughable. 

She's probably hocked the buffalo, now looking for sympathy because she is in debt to the bank. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

She lit incense sticks in hopes of divine assistance in locating her missing animals.

- fairy God mother 

- Santa Claus 

- Hocus pocus 

etc. 

She's probably hocked the buffalo, now looking for sympathy because she is in debt to the bank. 

So, right! You are just digging a deeper hole for yourself, aren´t you?

If the woman, as many other Thais, have a strong belief in something that you, and some other people, think belongs to hocus pocus and superstitions. So, does that mean the woman is dishonest and actually know who took the buffalo´s? Does it make the woman´s problem smaller and less important or less difficult for her? The only thing that is laughable here, is a person that think another persons problem is laughable.

Also, I am not a believer, but who can say that spirits does not exist? How do you know, they can not intervene in some kind of way?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It was a joke. 

If English is not your first language you should not post stupid comments here. 

Loosen up, you seem to only post antagonizing comments. 

You do know that you can scroll past comments you don't agree with? 

Is this the right thread for a joke......?  🤔

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Is this the right thread for a joke......?  🤔

Do you believe this article, seems to me that we have a few members here that are convinced the buffalo have mysteriously disappeared. 

Initially I felt sorry for the old lady but once I read the incense, hocus pocus crap I had to laugh. 

Grow up people, it's a phoney. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Do you believe this article, seems to me that we have a few members here that are convinced the buffalo have mysteriously disappeared. 

Initially I felt sorry for the old lady but once I read the incense, hocus pocus crap I had to laugh. 

Grow up people, it's a phoney. 

But, you are assuming your thought is fact........🤔

So you take the p_ss when an old lady loses everything, when that could well be the actual fact........🤐

7 minutes ago, transam said:

But, you are assuming your thought is fact........🤔

So you take the p_ss when an old lady loses everything, when that could well be the actual fact........🤐

I'm not taking the p_ss, she does not read my comments. 

I think you've lost it mate. 

• Sad 3

50 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

- fairy God mother 

- Santa Claus 

- Hocus pocus 

etc. 

Doubling down.. 🙄

20 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I think you've lost it mate. 

The only one that´s lost it, is you. Unfortunately, that is not the most sad thing. The saddest thing, is that you don´t understand it.

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I got a better solution for you. Why don´t you go to the same bar you found her. She is probably back working. It´s sad when people like you, don´t understand how big of a  problem this is for a hard working, old woman. Your post suck5!

Nasty! Both derogatory to the Thai girl and to the poster who most likely posted a tongue in cheek comment. I take great offence at your comment as I'm married to a Thai woman (20 years) of exceptional moral character and well educated and never seen inside a bar. We have two children. So stop being nasty. Phew!!!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Some enterprising young lad swooped them up. The #1 comment I make to passenger seat attendees on trips to isaan is “why don’t people steal the cows, they just leave them out in the open any old person can swoop them off”.

well someone finally listened