Michael Cohen Takes Center Stage in Trump's Hush Money Trial

31 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

She is seeking legal recourse to reverse the ruling. Not over till the flabby arse orange sex predator man sing behing bars. 

Supreme Court refuses to take up Stormy Daniels appeal in defamation case against Trump

Updated 10:15 AM EST, Mon February 22, 2021

The Supreme Court on Monday declined to take up a defamation case that the adult movie actress known as Stormy Daniels filed against former President Donald Trump, leaving in place lower court rulings that went against her.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/22/politics/supreme-court-stormy-daniels/index.html

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So you made it up, thought so. 

NDAs are legal, I've been saying it for weeks, 

Did you have a quote? I thought not. 

I am not going to bother doing the Google thing to quote from Trump's rant the other day, since you paraphrased Trump immediately.

The big question is whether Trump's attorney was able to trip up Michael Cohen during the cross examination. Spoiler Alert: Todd Blanche mailed it in, and so the Trump fans here don't have any talking points today to share.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not going to bother doing the Google thing to quote from Trump's rant the other day, since you paraphrased Trump immediately.

The big question is whether Trump's attorney was able to trip up Michael Cohen during the cross examination. Spoiler Alert: Todd Blanche mailed it in, and so the Trump fans here don't have any talking points today to share.

Oh, it's your memory again. This is what I said last week:

Trump’s lawyer pays Stormy’s lawyer to influence one party to enter into an NDA with another party, which is legal. 

Stormy’s lawyer pays Stormy to enter into an NDA with another party, which is legal. 

An NDA is payment in consideration of a contract, which is legal.

Trump pays his lawyer and calls it legal expenses, which is legal. 

Stormy violates the contract.

The FEC looked at it and did not prosecute. 

Bragg looked at it and did not prosecute. 

The Biden DOJ sends one of their top guys to New York to make up a campaign finance violation. 

Trump is indicted. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Oh, it's your memory again. This is what I said last week:

Trump’s lawyer pays Stormy’s lawyer to influence one party to enter into an NDA with another party, which is legal. 

Stormy’s lawyer pays Stormy to enter into an NDA with another party, which is legal. 

An NDA is payment in consideration of a contract, which is legal.

Trump pays his lawyer and calls it legal expenses, which is legal. 

Stormy violates the contract.

The FEC looked at it and did not prosecute. 

Bragg looked at it and did not prosecute. 

The Biden DOJ sends one of their top guys to New York to make up a campaign finance violation. 

Trump is indicted. 

Donald Trump committed business fraud to cover up an illegal campaign finance violation.

As for FEC:

Ultimately Mr. Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison and ordered to pay $1.39 million in restitution, $500,000 in forfeiture, and $100,000 in fines for two campaign finance violations (including the payment at issue in these matters) and other charges.

In sum, the public record is complete with respect to the conduct at issue in these complaints, and Mr. Cohen has been punished by the government of the United States for the conduct at issue in these matters.

Thus, we concluded that pursuing these matters further was not the best use of agency resources.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The quality lies in the invoices, checks and audio recordings. Daniels and Cohen are simply corroboration of physical evidence.

Trump is ready to testify outside the courtroom, in the domain of public opinion. There's no way his lawyers will let him take the witness stand, it would be judicial suicide.

No audio recording associated with the Stormy payment. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

He was convicted of tax evasion and got a reduced sentence to plea to campaign finance violations. 

Yes, Michael Cohen went to jail for a campaign finance violation that Trump tried to cover up by employing business fraud.

Nothing in the trial so far has shaken the prosecution's case. Maybe the Defense will pull a rabbit out of the hat next week.

8 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I read the Defense has a surprise witness that is an Accountant.

Expect more Trump hopelessness, as that is how Trump rolls.

Let's not assume that Trump's defense is hopeless based on their recent, fairly incompetent performance.

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yes, Michael Cohen went to jail for a campaign finance violation that Trump tried to cover up by employing business fraud.

No, he went to jail for tax evasion. He pled guilty to the campaign finance violation to get a reduced sentence such that he could help with the prosecution of Trump.

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nothing in the trial so far has shaken the prosecution's case. Maybe the Defense will pull a rabbit out of the hat next week.

Nothing to shake, as there was not crime. 

But yes, he'll be convicted because of people like you. 

What's your point?

That there is no crime

Do you deny the payment to Stormy Daniels happened?

No. Does anyone deny that? I know Trump is not denying it. 

20 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Let's not assume that Trump's defense is hopeless based on their recent, fairly incompetent performance.

Well they did say that it is possible they will rest without a calling anyone.

But it is going to be interesting how this gets handeled. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All we are hearing from Defendant Trump’s supporters right now is them lining up their excuses for not accepting the verdict in the event the jury hands down a conviction.

When the jury hands down the guilty verdict. You stocked up on tissue? 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Well they did say that it is possible they will rest without a calling anyone.

But it is going to be interesting how this gets handeled. 

I can't believe that Trump would allow his lawyers to not call a witness.

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There was a campaign finance violation, as you state above, which was covered up by Trump via business fraud.

I never said there was a campaign finance violation, you made that up. 

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If there was no crime, why didn't Trump pay Stormy Daniels directly from the coffers of the Trump campaign?

Your claim it that the crime was that Trump did not pay Stormy from the campaign. 

And had he paid her with campaign funds, it would have been a crime, and the FEC would have prosecuted him. 

• Like 1

Your other personality claimed that Trump would be convicted.

I meant to say: "When the jury hands down the guilty verdict. You stocked up on tissue?"

Sorry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Encouraging to see in a recent poll that 52% of Americans now believe Trump is guilty in the hush money trial and 49% approve of the trial, up from 43% in April.

got a citation?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

OK I just read the article and the poll questions, chuckled and moved on.

The sad thing is all you guys just shout and screech the same stuff over and over thinking you are convincing anyone of anyhting other than the fact that for whatever psychological defect of your own, Donald Trump lives in your head to the exclsuion of happiness and rationality.

I worry that when he is re-elected there are going to be folks hurling themselves out of View Talay as their own little fantasy world is destroyed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yikes.  First Yellowtail and now his clone.  

I never asked for a citation. You're making stuff up like your clones Dunderman and Poo Island

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

Still no evidence of any unnamed crime

No reason to tell you over nd over as your echo chambe wl ot let you hear.

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

OK I just read the article and the poll questions, chuckled and moved on.

The sad thing is all you guys just shout and screech the same stuff over and over thinking you are convincing anyone of anyhting other than the fact that for whatever psychological defect of your own, Donald Trump lives in your head to the exclsuion of happiness and rationality.

I worry that when he is re-elected there are going to be folks hurling themselves out of View Talay as their own little fantasy world is destroyed.

If I was in your shoes this is exactly how I too would respond.

So now that  I have been warned, that when your massiah is back as leader I will hurl myself. 

Like I did last time?

Honestly I have been really entertained by many MAGA and Donald as well.

Had you thought much about the furture at all if Biden is ignaugrated?

What will MAGA do leaderless? And you personally?

I know you will not answer but seems to me five months out is a good time to start youcontemplatig the next move, if any.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Like 1