Bad News For Weed Shops: Potent Cannabis Poses Mental Health Risks

webfact

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Typical rubbish conspiracy theory response....its sad that people with no knowledge think they have some, but how would they know?

how would they know? have some brain to open link and read scientific journal... oops sorry you only interested in rubbish

It's sad people can't define recreational and medical but hate so much recreational while the whole nation is pretty much relying on tourism which can be both recreational and medical

Edited by sumaterani
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Don't really see how that relates to my post.

I think people waste time talking about the chemical effects of cannabis, they should be debating how it affects society if legal when compared to illegal.

illegal: the prison will be full of working class

legal: some people hate to see happy people 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sumaterani said:

illegal: the prison will be full of working class

legal: some people hate to see happy people 

I'm not sure that cannabis use is unique to the "working class"   but indeed some people really do hate to see others happy

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm not sure that cannabis use is unique to the "working class"   but indeed some people really do hate to see others happy

Just pointing out that almost every time (if not always) the "middle and lower hierarchy" or younger front men that are getting busted to jail instead of "the big boss", at least that's the situation back in my home country. This is how they manage war on drugs keep going on endlessly, only to support black market (silently unnoticed by public) and the corrupt law enforcement.

Neither I'm not really sure the same thing applies in LoS

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, kwilco said:

So you are holding yourself up as a typical example?

Firstly it shows that anyone who wants it can get it even if it is "banned" or "illegal"

Secondly it shows that you don't get addicted

And somehow it turns "children's'" minds to mush but not yours.

But I see no reason in your post to make it illegal again. (just because you don't like it is really not sufficient reason)

The minds are mush without being influenced by “potent” pot.

People like you are selfish imop!

This is a 3rd world country with 3rd world education & Conservative values. Its their country, their looking out for their kids 

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-7-things-to-know#:~:text=The brain finishes developing and,the last parts to mature.

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2024 at 9:47 AM, JoePai said:

Everyone agrees the taking of cannabis can cause health problems but so do other “drugs” like tobacco and alcohol so why are they not being classified as a scheduled narcotics ?

On 5/14/2024 at 10:23 AM, smedly said:

so does this make it right to legalize?, as I have said many times - there is already a problem with alcohol on Thailands roads, we don't need another one.

and I have seen the long term effects on mental heath from prolific use and it is disturbing.

I really don't object to sensible occasional use or medical use but what is going on now with full commercial access is the wrong direction, sorry

PS - plus I hate the smell - it stinks

Then for the sake of "The Children" was well as "public health" and every other reason that is being used to re-criminalize ganja - then alcohol and tobacco should also be criminalized.  Why should alcohol and tobacco remain "legal?"  And stink?  Nothing stinkier than a drunk who has been smoking cigarettes or cigars.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, riclag said:

This is a 3rd world country with 3rd world education & Conservative values. Its their country, their looking out for their kids 

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-teen-brain-7-things-to-know#:~:text=The brain finishes developing and,the last parts to mature.

Unfortunately that is nonsense in almost every word. Thailand isn't "third wporld" and they have been growing and smoking cannabis here for centuries. If you want a "mushy" brain just keep drinking alcohol - it kills brain cells every time you drink....nothing sadder than an old drinker who can't string more than 3 words together.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Unfortunately that is nonsense in almost every word. Thailand isn't "third world" and they have been growing and smoking cannabis here for centuries. If you want a "mushy" brain just keep drinking alcohol - it kills brain cells every time you drink....nothing sadder than an old drinker who can't string more than 3 words together.

That reads like nonsense.......🤔

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That reads like nonsense.......🤔

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Unfortunately that is nonsense in almost every word. Thailand isn't "third wporld" and they have been growing and smoking cannabis here for centuries. If you want a "mushy" brain just keep drinking alcohol - it kills brain cells every time you drink....nothing sadder than an old drinker who can't string more than 3 words together.

Attack me because Im defending the kids and they’re right not to be exposed to potent pot in Thailand!

Sad!

Have  a nice life , Im done with you!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2024 at 9:15 AM, Accidental Tourist said:

Scrolling over the comments... seems there a lot of weed smokers on this board. Cannabis was and is a drug that should be sensitive control,as the regular public is not educated of the use. Seeing young kinds smoking marijuana at the age of 10 and below, shows it all...is all money making and a free ride on drugs

Even if this were a thing (10y olds doing it)--sounds like a load of old twaddle to me--do you thing banning it and chucking people back in prison would stop fictitious kiddies from doing it? People should be schooled on it and its relative merits, of which there are many in comparison to none with alcohol (yes, sorry), as they need to be schooled on a lot of things. How far do you want to go, though? How much do you want to wrap up the populace and make them a bunch of unfeeling automatons propping up a dodgy system? This is the nub of the matter regards revenue. That and old dinosaur face.

As to smoking it, personally have no axe to grind here since I don't do it anymore (not really for me); I've just got a bit of a problem with people telling others what to do... in particular bent, shyster ministers with an agenda that have no right to be in office in the first place. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

If you are selective, you can easily dig up evidence to support your case whether you are pro or con.  But what is clear in this situation is that  all of these arguments are for show as the decision is up to one man alone, who owns the government, and he decided long ago he don't want no drugs, regardless of any evidence either way or economic growth or tax generation. Somsak and Srettha are just flunkies with no decision making power following orders.  Cholnan tried to exercise a bit of independence at the Health Ministry and tighten up but not ban completely but got the axe for his pains.  There is no consultative or democratic process here. Anutin will not put up any resistance because his boss  have already made good money from this, particularly when prices were really high, and now he is getting even fatter and happier from his current government position. It's a shame for him that the Mary Jane train has to stop but he will certainly not rock the boat.  

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, riclag said:

Thank you!

Attack me because Im defending the kids and they’re right not to be exposed to potent pot in Thailand!

Sad!

Have  a nice life , Im done with you!

No I was pointing out the weaknesses in your argument - now I see what a piece you really are.

You obviously don't no the difference between reasoned criticism and ad hominem.

PS - do you realise that your insistence on bringing kids into the argument is really creepy?

Edited by kwilco
  • Agree 2

On 5/16/2024 at 8:53 PM, kwilco said:

No I was pointing out the weaknesses in your argument - now I see what a piece you really are.

You obviously don't no the difference between reasoned criticism and ad hominem.

PS - do you realise that your insistence on bringing kids into the argument is really creepy?

Creepy indeed. but it seems to be the standard goto argument for many. They feel it gives them some sort of moral high ground which cannot be disputed.  Mention a potential vulnerable victim and nothing more need be said. 

An age limit for alcohol is considered, by those who drink it and even those who don't , to be perfectly appropriate measure, sufficient to protect the youth, whilst allowing adults to indulge. Yet when it comes to cannabis the same people start clutching their pearls, and nothing short of an outright ban accompanied by draconian punishments will suffice, A perfect example of  double standards as a result of ignorance an fear

The current law is clear enough, not for sale to those under 20, and if there really are millions of underage users, where are all the news reports?

• Agree 1

On 5/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, riclag said:

So the Thais mind's are "mush" what an insulting comment by any standards, 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 5:26 PM, riclag said:

That would be the reason for the "not for sale to those under 20 years of age" regulation 

Your constant reference to kids, as pointed out by another member, really is a bit creepy. 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, riclag said:

People like you are selfish imop

I don't see how pointing out a few basic facts regarding cannabis use could be considered "selfish,"   But restricting others enjoyment purely because of your own personal views could easily be considered so

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

With a tiny sample and loaded questions they can get opinion polls in Thailand to say whatever they  want.

And not just in Thailand,  There are countless examples of the failings of public polls especially those regarding controversial subjects. Nobody expected brexit did they? and   i could easily conduct a similar poll that would demonstrate the majority of britons are in favour of sharia law

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So the Thais mind's are "mush" what an insulting comment by any standards, 

All children’s brains are malleable , mush, easily influenced, pliable ,especially here in Thailand. Parentally they are coddled , lack structure .
 The mush is just a phrase to describe how impressionable children are socially. Yes, Children have to be protected from progressives & a culture of mind altering substance abuse .

methinks

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, riclag said:

All children’s brains are malleable , mush, easily influenced, pliable ,especially here in Thailand. Parentally they are coddled , lack structure .
 The mush is just a phrase to describe how impressionable children are socially. Yes, Children have to be protected from progressives & a culture of mind altering substance abuse .

methinks

So alcohol is no problem then ?    and  having gender issues, (and puberty blockers) literally forced down their throats ? , or men dressed as ugly women reading them stories is just fine i suppose.?  And what about unrestricted access to the internet?  would you ban smartphones and computers for everybody too? Not to mention adult content on the TV ?  or even the evening news?  Lets just ban everything  for the sake of "the children"

What part of "not to be sold to those under 20 years of age " are you having trouble understanding? its not rocket science and seems clear enough to me.

But I do agree with keeping kids well away from "progressives" especially the "progressive liberals"  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

So alcohol is no problem then ?    and  having gender issues, (and puberty blockers) literally forced down their throats ? , or men dressed as ugly women reading them stories is just fine i suppose.?  And what about unrestricted access to the internet?  would you ban smartphones and computers for everybody too? Not to mention adult content on the TV ?  or even the evening news?  Lets just ban everything  for the sake of "the children"

What part of "not to be sold to those under 20 years of age " are you having trouble understanding? its not rocket science and seems clear enough to me.

But I do agree with keeping kids well away from "progressives" especially the "progressive liberals"  

Topic :Potent Cannabis !

Alcohol is another subject so is the ridiculous sick story time Events pushed by progressives .

I dont think its creepy to have laws to prevent harm to minds of mush . Call me old fashion!

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1