Phetchaburi Unveils Ambitious Plan to Draw 10 Million Tourists Annually

image.jpeg

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has rolled out an exciting plan aimed at welcoming over 10 million tourists to Phetchaburi Province each year. The initiative was unveiled against the picturesque backdrop of Phetchaburi on May 13, just ahead of the Cabinet meeting.

Leading the charge, Tourism Minister Sermsak Pongpanich emphasized the Ministry’s commitment to spotlighting Phetchaburi as a top-tier travel destination.

He said, "Our goal is to generate 3.5 trillion baht in revenue by promoting 11 key industries, with a focus on Phetchaburi's cultural heritage, delicious cuisine, arts, and vibrant local traditions."

The strategy aims to incorporate various stakeholders, including local businesses and community groups, to elevate the number of tourists to a minimum of 10 million yearly. This influx is expected to inject an estimated 35 billion baht into the local economy.

Central to this vision is the creation of a seamless tourism experience that connects major attractions like Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park and Khao Nang Phanthurat Forest Park.

The initiative also seeks to empower local communities, ensuring they benefit directly from the tourism boom. Efforts include upgrading facilities and launching extensive promotional campaigns to put Phetchaburi on the global map.

Recent statistics are encouraging, with Phetchaburi seeing a 20.26% rise in tourist visits in 2023 and a 9.93% increase in the first quarter of 2024. These figures point to a promising future for the province as it gears up to become a major tourism hub.

Hua Hin Today highlights that with determined efforts and strategic planning, Phetchaburi stands on the brink of unprecedented growth in the tourism sector.

File photo: Tham Khao Luang Cave. Courtesy: Wikimedia

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I am living in Phetchaburi  many years already and really not much to see....Khao Wang a hill with a small palace on top, Wang ban Peun a empty palace on the military compound, Ban Laem salt fields, and Kaeng Krachan a national park.and of course Cha Am as a tourist destination for mostly Thai people as Westerns goes mostly to Hua Hin...If that attracks 10 million tourists I don't know

• Like 1

I prefer Hua Hin as it is now not to many tourists especially in July -August time

when I will visit for my annual visit

Over the popular tourist periods I don't care how many people come 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has rolled out an exciting plan aimed at welcoming over 10 million tourists to Phetchaburi Province each year. The initiative was unveiled against the picturesque backdrop of Phetchaburi on May 13, just ahead of the Cabinet meeting.

Clear Cha-am beach of all the vendors would be a good start.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I prefer Hua Hin as it is now not to many tourists especially in July -August time

when I will visit for my annual visit

Over the popular tourist periods I don't care how many people come 

Hua Hin has lost it's charm, head south a just little further and find some real treasures.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, webfact said:

Phetchaburi's cultural heritage, delicious cuisine, arts, and vibrant local traditions."

Not many tourists come for that.  

Beaches,girls,nightlife, good food.

That's what 99% of tourists want.

Local traditions,culture,and temples gets boring fast.

Edited by MrJ2U