Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Ok I'll bite. Where ? Find a previous one and I'll concede. Cue piffle about I haven't got time to trawl through all your pointless garbiage to try and find the gotcha that you think it is. I forgot you are armchair warrioring on 2 fronts here, and Israel. Frankly I don't have the time.

That's great..........See ya..........:guitar:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Ok I'll bite. Where ? Find a previous one and I'll concede. Cue piffle about I haven't got time to trawl through all your pointless garbiage to try and find the gotcha that you think it is. I forgot you are armchair warrioring on 2 fronts here, and Israel. Frankly I don't have the time.

You always bite then head to your default personal attacks when caught out.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Does it seem odd to anyone else or am I missing something?

No not odd as you are missing plenty, a lot of the Ukraine youth attended, over 1 million Ukraine refugees went to Germany including single fathers and families, all legally left. Even Ukraine media have covered the supporters. Before Russia started its illegal war Germany was already home to over a million Ukraine immigrants, so in total there are currently well over 2 million in Germany.

That's plenty to miss on your part.

image.png.69fd36a2a4baa2c9a2388fc91f0dae76.png

https://x.com/KyivPost/status/1802695948037984500

• Confused 1

and I agree with you, while Putin distracts the world with his Ukraine bombings, Xi quietly keeps grabbing the majority of rocks on the South China Sea, and they go unpunished, same same a Putin, just different locations

China should pay for propping up Putin's war - Nato chief

https://au.yahoo.com/news/china-pay-propping-putins-war-213148618.html

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, rabas said:

Me, I have always rooted for global cooperation among all peoples.

You dreamer you. Never been such a time in the past 50,000 or whatever years humans have been bashing each other's brains out.

I'd rather have my side last a bit longer, but IMO we've completely lost the plot,and when the barbarians ( that we invited in ) take over, it'll be our own fault ( see end of Roman Empire to understand how our version ends ).

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I wasn't!  The inevitable time in gulag wasn't worth it, and nor would I have protested the invasion of Poland if living in Germany at the time.  Your concern is touching, thank you.

No, I don't know which one.  But neither do I care as it's an obvious red herring and certainly not comparable to what we're actually talking about, which is civil liberties in Russia.

We all take your hilarious two-step around the issue -- "look, a squirrel!" -- as tacit admission that you know that there are no civil liberties in Russia.  Why you think a refusal to admit this makes your arguments better... is a mystery of the universe.  Debating 101.

I take it you believe we have civil liberties in the west. If so the brainwashing has worked, IMO. Just because boys can decide they want to be girls, or cats, and we are running out of initials to categorise what gender we want to be, it doesn't mean we are free to choose.

The only difference between us and Russia, IMO, is that the control is more subtle.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Russian soldiers still trapped in Vovchansk.

Will they escape? Are they all dead?

Russia advancing on all fronts bro...

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I have bro... and Ukraine and you?

You have a very short memory of the last time you asked him that. :laugh: Yes and yes Ukraine and Russia

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You have a very short memory of the last time you asked him that. :laugh: Yes and yes Ukraine and Russia

I don't think so - I have worked in Moscow, travelled extensively, and I have family in Kiev. I think I know something about the Russian people - but you are entrenched, so it's pretty pointless talking about it, right?

Edited by BobBKK
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You ignore the loss of 1000s of Russian soldiers and their vehicles and supplies.

And the realization by India and China that their Russian heritage military equipment is not as good as they thought it was. You are going to see a big drop in Russian arms sales soon, unless they reduce prices.

PS: the technical term for your response is "hand waving", since you failed to acknowledge the impact of Russian losses in your answer. Even you must realize that these losses are not sustainable.

You claim that Russia is losing thousands of soldiers and vehicles and supplies every day. I have no idea if that’s true or just Ukrainian propaganda (there’s been a lot of that, even more than Russian propaganda, in my opinion). I also do not know how many soldiers, vehicles and supplies Ukraine is losing every day. It could be more or it could be less.

What seems plausible to me however is that Russia should be able to outlast Ukraine easily in such a war of attrition. Time will tell. No one seems to be in a hurry for the war to end so there will be plenty of time to prove or disprove some of your rather outlandish claims.

I believe you are following events at the aggregate factory in Vovchansk closely. Do keep us updated.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You ignore the loss of 1000s of Russian soldiers and their vehicles and supplies.

And the realization by India and China that their Russian heritage military equipment is not as good as they thought it was. You are going to see a big drop in Russian arms sales soon, unless they reduce prices.

PS: the technical term for your response is "hand waving", since you failed to acknowledge the impact of Russian losses in your answer. Even you must realize that these losses are not sustainable.

I didn’t read the article about India and China possibly halting purchases of inferior military equipment. Is it a personal opinion or could you kindly provide a link?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh ok, so even when you ask someone and they tell you then you still don't believe them, why ask in the first place? And why not look at the last time you asked him and he told you of his family in Ukraine and work in Russia?

Personal ancecdotes from folks with relatives / friends/ visits to the 2 countries whilst potentially intrerseting are not really relevant to the debate. I follow a number of different forums on Ukraine one on Mumsnet has 2 Ukrainains that have fallen out completely with close family members in the occupied oblasts that fully support Russia. It really is a slavic civil war in those areas with familes divided by beleifs and one we should have stayed well out of.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

and I agree with you, while Putin distracts the world with his Ukraine bombings, Xi quietly keeps grabbing the majority of rocks on the South China Sea, and they go unpunished, same same a Putin, just different locations

China should pay for propping up Putin's war - Nato chief

https://au.yahoo.com/news/china-pay-propping-putins-war-213148618.html

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

So what’s NATO going to do about it? These guys live in a fantasy world.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Personal ancecdotes from folks with relatives / friends/ visits to the 2 countries whilst potentially intrerseting are not really relevant to the debate. I follow a number of different forums on Ukraine one on Mumsnet has 2 Ukrainains that have fallen out completely with close family members in the occupied oblasts that fully support Russia. It really is a slavic civil war in those areas with familes divided by beleifs and one we should have stayed well out of.  

Tell that to Bob who is always talking about his family and Russian connections, not me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of my go to that give excellent daily info.

RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, JUNE 17, 2024

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-17-2024

Oh yes the Institute for the Study of War - those people funded by defence contractors, those people.

I think I need to take a bath.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_the_Study_of_War

ISW released four reports on the conflict that overthrew Muammar Gaddafi between September 19, 2011, and December 6, 2011. The series was entitled "The Libyan Revolution" with each of the four parts focused on different stages in the struggle in order to chronicle the revolution from start to finish.

ISW president Kagan supported "the Surge" strategy in Iraq and argued for a restructured American military strategy more generally. The Surge: The Untold Story, co-produced by ISW provides an historical account of U.S. military operations in Iraq during the Surge of forces in 2007 and 2008.

In 2013, a senior analyst at the ISW, Elizabeth O'Bagy, was fired after it was revealed she did not have a doctorate from Georgetown University, and following criticism of the omission in an op-ed of her affiliation with the Syrian Emergency Task Force, a U.S.-based group that supports and lobbies for the moderate Syrian opposition. This generated controversy after O'Bagy's research for the Institute was cited in a U.S. Senate hearing on possible U.S. military intervention in Syria

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1