Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

On 7/2/2024 at 11:43 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yeah, going by the majority posts on here, Putin will be handing over the keys to the Kremlin as soon as the Ukrainian F 16s appear over the front lines and send the orcs scurrying back to Russia, or at least those that survive.

Nope.

It's a war of attrition, similar to WWI between Germany and Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even a scoundrel can be right. There were no WMDS and IMO that war was based on a lie.

Not a scoundrel who's opinions swing wildly based on personal advantage, which was the point. Such people are never reliable and are not now. (Trust me bro, I won't cheat you again!) 

Jeffrey Sachs is not a scoundrel but also suffers from occasional opinion swing e.g., lab leaks. He is bright and means well but a bit blinded by his "America bad"  feelings.

Some WMD and traces were found but that's off topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Coud it be that the world is getting tired of Zelensky jetting around the world, spewing nonsense about casualty figures, begging for more money so that his wife can allegedly buy a Bugatti for each and every one of his homes? (Jest, for those that like to report posts and those that lives by links from their “credible” sources).

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another one that got duped by the fake Bugatti story, why does that not surprise me..........:clap2:

Fake Russian Based Sites Promoting Fake News to the US, The Fake Bugatti Purchase

https://aseannow.com/topic/1331412-fake-russian-based-sites-promoting-fake-news-to-the-us-the-fake-bugatti-purchase/

In your haste to score cheap points, you missed the words allegedly and jest.

I confess, it was an intentional bait which you predictably swallowed, hook, line and sinker. Looks like you’re the one that got duped. I’m not surprised at all though.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Its rather a shame that we cannot provide links to Tass, being the pro-Russian propaganda source of information regarding this clusterf**k. Between the twain is reality.

This is a pro-Ukrainian forum. If getting likes are important, then you need to repeat the narrative. On the other hand, if you’re interested in the truth and living in the real world, be prepared to be attacked, insulted, trolled and reported. Also, lots of confused emojis (yes, the other side gets confused rather easily).

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Dictator Putin making it clear were he stands.

"Putin explicitly rejected Russian participation in any meaningful negotiations on a ceasefire agreement, instead demanding Ukraine's "irreversible" "demilitarization" as a precondition for any ceasefire agreement. Putin is thus demanding that Ukraine effectively surrender in advance of any ceasefire."

Putin has now labeled all Ukrainian governing institutions illegitimate or unsuitable for negotiations and has dismissed the idea of third parties participating in negotiations — de facto rejecting any realistic process for meaningfully negotiating a ceasefire agreement. (1/2)

• Like 2