British Tourist Injured in Gang Attack on Bangla Road, Patong

webfact

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

I can spot a  BS lame excuse a mile off as well. Guess you can bash! the missus, shes no doubt thai as well! Run home now, its getting dark outside? 

I'm guessing English isn't your first language or perhaps there weren't many schools near where you lived.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

I'm guessing English isn't your first language or perhaps there weren't many schools near where you lived.

8 hours ago, Olmate said:

English not your strong point young fella, not suprising given your up bringing tho!  I posted Brit, not Russian, maybe its geography thats confused you, neverstress, primary school will soon be over! 

Originality tops english, everytime smiley,tops( thats  fitting), get it slow coach!! nuff said, painful to watch you struggle, Bye my boy, there there! 🙏

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

What post are you actually replying to?

You assumed he engaged a group. You have no idea what occured in that 7-11. A group was present, sure. Who engaged who, and how, to what degree is 100% unknown. The fact is, he got stabbed for arguing with a Thai. A common occurrence in THA (and no, not like EVERYWHERE else, as you incorrectly asserted). The point being... don't be a fool while in Thailand. Don't argue with a Thai man at 4am in a 7-11, especially when everyone -- including the foreigner -- is likely puffed up on alcohol. Thai's are thin skinned. prone to emotional outburst and obsessed with saving facing (and probably, as in this case,  armed with knives). And if you are not carefully, the attackers friends will gladly pile on (again, a very common occurrence in THA, pack mentality). Now you are caught up.

9 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

You assumed he engaged a group. You have no idea what occured in that 7-11. A group was present, sure. Who engaged who, and how, to what degree is 100% unknown. The fact is, he got stabbed for arguing with a Thai. A common occurrence in THA (and no, not like EVERYWHERE else, as you incorrectly asserted). The point being... don't be a fool while in Thailand. Don't argue with a Thai man at 4am in a 7-11, especially when everyone -- including the foreigner -- is likely puffed up on alcohol. Thai's are thin skinned. prone to emotional outburst and obsessed with saving facing (and probably, as in this case,  armed with knives). And if you are not carefully, the attackers friends will gladly pile on (again, a very common occurrence in THA, pack mentality). Now you are caught up.

I didn't assume anything, and was not even talking about the incident, but OK, you win.

Only Thais are like this.

What would happen in Cambodia, take you over to the fridge and offer to buy you an ice cream?

Anyway, thanks for your top tips on life......

27 minutes ago, sungod said:

Anyway, thanks for your top tips on life......

No problem. My pleasure. Stay safe, and while traveling about, don't run your mouth off to anyone anywhere in THA at 4am.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

Doesn't sound like you read the story properly. It didn't happen in the 7-11. The victim went to the 7-11 after the incident for help. 

And although Thailand has a reputation for 8 on 1 fights, it's just a 'numbers needed to win' game everywhere you go. If you were mouthy to a group of Brits in England at 4am you would probably be attacked by 1 of them, or 2 of them if you were putting up a good fight. Maybe 3 of them for good measure. 

Thai men are generally much smaller so they attack in larger packs to ensure the win. As you can see in the video, the part in the back alley, the 3 or 4 Thais struggled to overwhelm the bigger bearded foreigner. 

Who knows what the Brit did leading up to the stabbing because it's certainly not clear in the videos. Maybe he was an innocent bystander walking back to his hotel after a night out at the Tai Pan disco (closes at least 4am).  Maybe he did get involved in a fight, which is stupid IMO. Whatever happened I hope he fully recovers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Originality tops english, everytime smiley,tops( thats  fitting), get it slow coach!! nuff said, painful to watch you struggle, Bye my boy, there there! 🙏

Very entertaining post.Well the bits i could understand anyway.Congratulations fun guy.

Its a sudden hit and it may hit tourism because Thailand is considered to be a safe distination for both local and tourist foreigners.

I am sure that Royal Thai Police Officers will clarify the act although I dislike Britains.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

Its a sudden hit and it may hit tourism because Thailand is considered to be a safe distination for both local and tourist foreigners.

I am sure that Royal Thai Police Officers will clarify the act although I dislike Britains.

It won't affect tourism in the slightest, because it happened at 4am in a bar area. Majority of tourists would not expect to be out at that time. Anyway who are the Britains ? Distant cousins of those not so likeable Frenchies ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

No problem. My pleasure. Stay safe, and while traveling about, don't run your mouth off to anyone anywhere in THA at 4am.

You might want to be polite and include my whole post when replying for complete context, wouldnt want anyone to think you are being a smart ass.

Anyway, I'm fine mate, not scared of my own shadow. It is amusing when you admit you wouldnt say boo to a goose in person, but have lots to say being very brave when you have anonymity hiding behind your keyboard!!!

Oh the irony.........

Edited by sungod
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bit odd wearing one shoe, isn't it?   If the cap fits, wear it, would be a better idea, surely!?

If the shoe fits, wear it’ is often shortened to ‘If the shoe fits…’, leaving the listener to fill in the blank. The expression is the American version of the earlier British phrase ‘If the cap fits, wear it’, which is also still in general use.

10 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm fine mate

But you're not. You assume far too much, think you actually know people that you don't, and feel harmed by their comments. You're fragile, and you suffer in imagination.

On 5/21/2024 at 7:45 AM, Cabradelmar said:

But you're not. You assume far too much, think you actually know people that you don't, and feel harmed by their comments. You're fragile, and you suffer in imagination.

No, I just have a low tolerance of fools.

These type of attacks are mostly preventable if you know certain rules of Thailand.

I schedule my daily walks to avoid these groups of drunks who are usually panhandling tourists. 

But if they can't be avoided give a wide berth and don't look at them or react belligerantly which are no-nos here.  It is a severe loss of face for them and forces them to react as a group to proove their social superiority. They all work together as judge, jury, and executioner and will beat you unconscious with fists, knives, and steel bars 

I was sitting with a polite, educated thai woman many years ago at a bar/restaurant watching a world cup football game who I thought was as sweet and gentle as a puppy.  A foreigner looked too long at her and she said I want to kill him with a level of agitation that was unexpectedly harsh. 

The lesson is extended eye contact with thais causes severe loss of face and it forces them to react with group violence.

2 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

These type of attacks are mostly preventable if you know certain rules of Thailand.

I schedule my daily walks to avoid these groups of drunks who are usually panhandling tourists. 

But if they can't be avoided give a wide berth and don't look at them or react belligerantly which are no-nos here.  It is a severe loss of face for them and forces them to react as a group to proove their social superiority. They all work together as judge, jury, and executioner and will beat you unconscious with fists, knives, and steel bars 

I was sitting with a polite, educated thai woman many years ago at a bar/restaurant watching a world cup football game who I thought was as sweet and gentle as a puppy.  A foreigner looked too long at her and she said I want to kill him with a level of agitation that was unexpectedly harsh. 

The lesson is extended eye contact with thais causes severe loss of face and it forces them to react with group violence.

Very valuable advice for everyone, especially to those inexperienced night-lifers.

However, your statement right at the beginning - These type of attacks are mostly preventable if you know certain rules of Thailand. - kind of 'dilutes' the value of that advice!

Anywhere in the world, this is true.

On 5/20/2024 at 10:45 AM, Yagoda said:

Whats to debate LOL? .Aussies overseas are drunken troublemakers. So what.? You guys are OK despite the fact noone understands what you are saying. You are good fighters too, you can take a beating and you dont whine about it, unlike other troublemaking folks that start <deleted>, get beat and whine about it. Yanks are the worst, they get beat and cry like girls. Waaaah, I was outside 7-11 and three ladyboys slapped me around for no reason waaaaaah, where is the ambulance and police and the hospital was terrible they wouldnt take my creidt card and had no gluten free snacks.

I wasnt trying to insult your sparecly populated nation mate, I admire an Australians toughness and combat abilities. The men too. Thats why us and the Poms use you as cannon fodder.

Ive never had a problem with a denizen of the Land of Oz, although the Balinese do, dont they.

Nice rant, pity I didn't understand most of it.

On 5/20/2024 at 1:24 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Bit odd wearing one shoe, isn't it?   If the cap fits, wear it, would be a better idea, surely!?

Might only have one leg.

Just a thought.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

...and hence dishonourable. "For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise."

Its very interesting that you analysis other people so well. Tell me as I'm genuinely interested, analysis yourself and let us know why you think that in real life (to your own admission) you are non confrontational and bottle it in front of people, yet on an internet forum you suddenly get all brave and feel the need to spout off from behind your keyboard? Does it help with your social anxiety disorder as there are no consequences online whereas in real life you have no power at all?

Edited by sungod