1,882 new COVID-19 hospitalisations and 16 deaths in the last week

webfact

8 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Are hospitals filling? We may need to flatten this curve. 2 weeks… 

Yes, let's go back to locking down and locking out. Rid the country of Youtubers. Just like it was back in those Golden Days of Covid control 2020 to 2022.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Are you saying natural imminuty doesn't exist?

Did I? No.

The immunity acquired by vaccine or by COVID will not last forever. The Biontec vaccine protection will last for appr. 6 months, the "natural" one a bit longer. So, saying "I don't care, I got COVID already" is careless, depending when you got COVID.

So??😳

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Far from a cold Sir, and no it's not the flu either.....

it was barely the sniffles for most people in fact if you were to believe the nonsense they were spouting in 2020 then no symptoms were also a symptom

as I stated unless you had underlying ill health it was barely a cold, unfortunately the hypercondriacs acted like it was everyone else's problem they refused to get on a diet

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ryandb said:

it was barely the sniffles for most people in fact if you were to believe the nonsense they were spouting in 2020 then no symptoms were also a symptom

as I stated unless you had underlying ill health it was barely a cold, unfortunately the hypercondriacs acted like it was everyone else's problem they refused to get on a diet

So far off the truth you are and you have bought the lies associated from those dismissing Covid as a nothing burger. I know many who died and some had no underlying conditions, but yet still refused to be vaccinated prior or seeking treatment until they were needing to be hospitalized. 

Like any virus it can and will affect folks differently......and being asymptomatic is being a carrier who can Infect others.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

But either way, Reuters says those kinds of claims are nonsense:

"“COVID-19 vaccines do not weaken your immune system’s ability to respond to other infections so getting your jab will not make you more susceptible to colds or flu,” said Dr Doug Brown, chief executive of the British Society for Immunology.

Meanwhile, Professor Neil Mabbott, personal chair in immunopathology at the University of Edinburgh, said O’Looney’s claim was “very dangerous” and the reality of the shot’s effect was “quite the opposite”.

He told Reuters: “There have been several key studies showing how our immune response to the coronavirus vaccine is significantly strengthened by subsequent booster vaccinations… Our experience is showing that a third COVID-19 vaccine provides high levels of immunity, and this is the rationale for the current booster programme in the UK.”

COVID-19 Vaccination Increases Immunity, Contrary to Immune Suppression Claims

The mRNA COVID-19 vaccines teach the immune system to recognize and fight the coronavirus, greatly reducing the likelihood of severe disease if a person is infected. There is no evidence the vaccines impair immunity, as some, including Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, have baselessly claimed.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/07/scicheck-covid-19-vaccination-increases-immunity-contrary-to-immune-suppression-claims/

Is it true? Do COVID-19 vaccines cause autoimmune diseases?

Autoimmune diseases, such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis, are chronic (long-term) illnesses and there is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 vaccines can cause autoimmune diseases.

Australian Department of Health and Aged Care

https://archive.ph/Gv8Od#selection-635.0-639.193

10 May 2022

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand hasn't had any nationwide COVID vaccinations campaign since 2022.

The Thai population in general is long out-of-date for COVID vaccinations, and virtually none of them have received the latest XBB-focused vaccine rolled out in the West last fall, since the Thai government as yet hasn't offered those here to the general public.

As for your first comment above, note this excerpt from the OP report above:

"with both public and private hospitals feeling the strain as outpatient and inpatient admissions rise."

AND

"Private hospital data indicates higher COVID admission rates than official reports"

Definitely going to be a problem with virtually no way of getting updated boosters for the last two years.

Many vaccine doubters here, but for the people who follow the science and not loony conspiracy theories, a choice of getting vaccinated would be a nice option.

Thailand makes it very difficult for private hospitals to aquire Covid vaccines/boosters.  They have to go through the governments pharmacutical agency which takes a hefty cut.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thailand makes it very difficult for private hospitals to aquire Covid vaccines/boosters.  They have to go through the governments pharmacutical agency which takes a hefty cut.

That seems to have changed lately... In conversations with several local COVID vaccine providers in Thailand earlier this spring, they indicated they were now sourcing the latest COVID XBB vaccine directly from Pfizer Thailand, without any direct involvement of the Thai government.  The XBB vaccine from Pfizer is available here, at least at several BKK locations, on a limited basis.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1323285-new-pfizer-covid-xbb-vaccines-finally-become-available-in-thailand-–-for-a-price/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posts with unsourced and unsubstantiated COVID and conspiracy theory claims have been removed, along with off-topic posts commenting on a fellow forum member.

• Thumbs Up 2

This news item (link below) from the World Health Organization may be of interest to anyone following the discussion in this thread.  It concerns a "treaty" that is presently being negotiated between WHO and global health ministries.  Basically, the treaty, when concluded, will advise countries what to do in the event of another pandemic like Covid.

Anyone reading this link will obviously draw their own conclusions.  There has been sporadic note of these negotiations in various media outlets.  The final round of negotiation is due to begin next Monday (May 27).

https://www.who.int/news/item/28-03-2024-who-member-states-agree-to-resume-negotiations-aimed-at-finalizing-the-world-s-first-pandemic-agreement

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Appears to be a junk journal article from a dubious author from a similarly dubious school (at least when it comes to COVID):

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/scientists-caught-tampering-raw-data-exaggerate-sea-level-rise/

https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/10/6/ofad209/7131292? which states. "The risk of COVID-19 also increased with time since the most recent prior COVID-19 episode and with the number of vaccine doses previously received."

or this: https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/study-finds-gradual-increase-in-covid-infection-risk-after-second-vaccine-dose/

or this study:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections

Sivan Gazit, Roei Shlezinger, Galit Perez, Roni Lotan, Asaf Peretz, Amir Ben-Tov, Dani Cohen, Khitam Muhsen, Gabriel Chodick, Tal Patalon
doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415
Now published in Clinical Infectious Diseases doi: 10.1093/cid/ciac262

I could go on and on. Take a look at articles about the excess deaths since 2021. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Yeah, that's a funny reply🤗. Thanks. However, I would say this to you, because I get the benefit and you have to expect to suffer 🥴

humm, and whats the efficacy of your boosters compared to natural immunity?

A personal attack has been removed

9. You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages. You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

humm, and whats the efficacy of your boosters compared to natural immunity?

As I said already: immunity for you without vaccination maybe 9 months, for me with 5 vaccinations immunity up to now.

7 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I got covid in Thailand just recently, I've never been vaccinated for Covid or the flu, and my 12 year old son has never been vaccinated, he only got a snivel, I spent one day in bed not feeling to good, then it was over, my wife who was vaccinated was sick as a dog for 8 days, she's fine now. 

That’s crazy to read. I had a very similar situation. Was sick bad for one day. My “friend” was sick with a cough I swear over a month, and was vaccinated. Although I will admit I think my one day was worse. So I don’t have any answers but I do think there is something to this phenomenon of vaccinated being affected by covid more and for longer. 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

the facts are : 99.7% of people were not ever going to die from Covid but the governments made everyone believe if they left their house they could be next. 

The numbers and rate of people who were going to, and did, die from COVID depended on what individuals and societies did or didn't do in response to the pandemic.

For example:

COVID vaccines saved 20M lives in 1st year, scientists say

Nearly 20 million lives were saved by COVID-19 vaccines during their first year, but even more deaths could have been prevented if international targets for the shots had been reached, researchers reported Thursday.

The researchers used data from 185 countries to estimate that vaccines prevented 4.2 million COVID-19 deaths in India, 1.9 million in the United States, 1 million in Brazil, 631,000 in France and 507,000 in the United Kingdom.

An additional 600,000 deaths would have been prevented if the World Health Organization target of 40% vaccination coverage by the end of 2021 had been met, according to the study published Thursday in the journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.

https://apnews.com/article/covid-science-health-england-54d29ae3af5c700f15d704c14ee224b5

AND

Half a million in Thailand saved by Covid vaccine

A research team from Mahidol University and Naresuan University led by Associate Professor Dr. Charin Modchang expanded the study and utilized the same mathematical modeling approaches to estimate the number of lives saved due to Thailand’s vaccine rollout. The study revealed that between the time the first vaccine was administered in 2021 and July 3, 2022, 490,000 lives were saved. Thus, half a million people in Thailand would have lost if the Covid vaccines had not been available.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1266704-half-a-million-in-thailand-saved-by-covid-vaccine/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

That’s crazy to read. I had a very similar situation. Was sick bad for one day. My “friend” was sick with a cough I swear over a month, and was vaccinated. Although I will admit I think my one day was worse. So I don’t have any answers but I do think there is something to this phenomenon of vaccinated being affected by covid more and for longer. 

Comparison of COVID-19 Severity in Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Patients during the Delta and Omicron Wave of the Pandemic in a Romanian Tertiary Infectious Diseases Hospital

Published online 2023 Jan 28

"The multivariate logistic regression models adjusted for age and comorbidities showed higher odds ratio for severe/critical COVID-19, intensive care need, and mortality in unvaccinated versus vaccinated patients. Our results support vaccination to prevent severe outcomes associated with COVID-19 due to both variants of concern.

We analyzed the differences in duration of hospitalization between unvaccinated/vaccinated (primary and booster) patients hospitalized during the fourth and the fifth wave, respectively...

In the multiple quantile regression analysis, there was a significantly shorter duration of hospitalization for a higher number of vaccination doses (primary or booster) compared to incomplete/unvaccinated—with a median reduction of 2.33 and 3.44 days in the length of stay, respectively, adjusted for age and comorbidities, as presented in Table 2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9914916/

And more recently with the latest COVID XBB vaccine:

Latest COVID-19 vaccines reduce hospitalization risk by around half

March 01, 2024

The latest COVID-19 vaccines reduce the risk for hospitalization or visits to an ED or urgent care by around 50%, according to interim data published in MMWR.

Overall, VE against COVID-19-associated ME or hospitalization was 51% (95% CI = 47%-54%) in the first 7 to 59 days after receiving an updated vaccine dose and 39% (95% CI = 33%-45%) in the 60 to 119 days after an updated vaccine dose.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectious-disease/20240301/latest-covid19-vaccines-reduce-hospitalization-risk-by-around-half

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ryandb said:

not sure if they were hypochondriacs or just full blown complaint sheep that believe everything they're told without question!

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, farangkinok said:

https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/10/6/ofad209/7131292? which states. "The risk of COVID-19 also increased with time since the most recent prior COVID-19 episode and with the number of vaccine doses previously received."

or this: https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/study-finds-gradual-increase-in-covid-infection-risk-after-second-vaccine-dose/

You're citing research that, not surprisingly, found the past bivalent (older) COVID vaccines weren't effective in preventing mere COVID infection (the study didn't assess severity of illness risks) from the much later arising XBB COVID variant. Which of course is why the newer XBB focused COVID vaccines were developed and approved by many countries last year, and became the basis of 2023-2024 COVID vaccination campaigns.

But as for the study's incidental finding about an association between numbers of COVID vaccinations and risk of COVID infection:

Cleveland Clinic study didn’t find that taking more COVID-19 vaccine doses causes increased COVID-19 risk; association alone doesn’t imply causation

Inadequate support: Association alone doesn’t imply causation. Associations can appear due to a causal relationship between two variables, but can also arise as a result of confounding factors. The Cleveland Clinic study couldn’t rule out some potential confounding factors, such as whether people who received more doses of COVID-19 vaccine were also those working in patient-facing jobs.

Cherry-picking: Several other published studies reported that receiving additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine enhances a person’s protection against COVID-19. However, instances in which the claim appears generally leave out any mention of such studies, leaving users with a one-sided view of the research on this subject.

Health Feedback reached out to the lead author of the study, infectious disease physician Nabin Shrestha, who clarified in an email that “association is not causation”, and that “Any claim that our study shows a causal relationship between getting more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and higher risk of infection is false”. [emphasis added]

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/cleveland-clinic-study-didnt-find-more-covid-19-vaccine-doses-causes-increased-covid-19-risk-association-alone-doesnt-imply-causation/