Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The girls seem to be the only ones with any sense.

Good business sense. Beating up the customers can't be good. But seriously I think they do have some compassion and showed it admirably here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Many many pages and opinions into this incident, perhaps it's time to let it breathe (myself included), and let all the facts come out.

I'll admit to being led to a conclusion---which could well be dead wrong---watching the spliced video that includes CCTV camera footage from inside the Helicopter Bar.

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

why do you love Thais so much when the vast majority of them clearly dislike us?

Several fallacies in that statement, notably the Complex Question fallacy, makes it beneath answering. 🙂 

• Sad 3
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

But we don't like any talk of attracting the big spending quality tourists who drive up prices of stuff. And the thought of tightening visa/extension requirements always causes screams, teeth gnashing, and soiled knickers.

If only we could figure out how to screen out the hooligans and admit only the sort of Brit not likely to engage in thuggery. Here's what we want:

image.jpeg.1396c6572ae310ffa1d638306ad6177b.jpeg

And what chance would those two stand when it all kicks off?  

• Haha 1

Just now, bob smith said:

how do you know the brits didn’t accept their culture?

by refusing to pay another persons bill??

that deserved a fatal kick to the temple?

what an absolute idiot you are!!

bob.

Don't get me wrong as they do look like Brits, but has it been confirmed anywhere that they are British or are people just repeating an unconfirmed fact based on their personal bias.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, roo860 said:

The guy in the grey t shirt gets inbetween both parties, seems to be trying to calm the situation down?

I said the guy in black shirt was trying to calm things down. He's the only one of the 3 who didn't get a beating. Guy in grey shirt looked aggressive but none of the 3 punched anyone inside the bar

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

It would if they refused to pay another persons bill. Even british pensioners will stand up for themselves

Unlike the usual drunken louts, they'd have the brains to keep track of their bills, and in case of any problem simple ring up the tourist police. Sorted, g'day.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Has it been confirmed that it was a fatal blow bob?  It genuinely would not surprise me

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Do you think the spot kicker has outdone himself this time?

So much so that even 500 baht and an extended wai wont get him out of hot water?

bob.

I hope, due to the worldwide promotion, and the smoking heads, the officials already have behind closed doors, how to handle it.
This guy has the badge on his forehead, to be the target for the needed example of a “crackdown” on...
The dogs bite the last one.
The only fear I have, that there will appear a girl with a broken nose, out of nowhere.
Beside that security thug pussy.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You appear to live in a parallel universe

No, you do. One in which absolute, irrefutable proof is demanded when any farang accused of something, as in the kicking of the Thai doctor. You write numerous posts arguing innocent until proven guilty! The other in which you hypocritically may accuse Thais of whatever and believe any rumor without applying any such standards. Why is that, except out of mere bigotry? And you've been diligently ignoring my point, 'cause you know it's true.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

we have all been skimmed before and are therefore less shocked when it happens, but it may well have been the first time for that guy, It would be normal to get a little bit upset knowing one has been taken for a mug.  They obviously did not expect things to escalate the way they did, if they were aware of the potential for that they would more than likely have walked away like most of us

Girlie Bars overseas in Europe and America also had their share of bill padding or outright fraud. It is to be expected if you want to venture to such areas. Pattaya is no different.  Adult entertainment playground would surely attract undesirables too. Both pundits and enforcers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I said the guy in black shirt was trying to calm things down. He's the only one of the 3 who didn't get a beating. Guy in grey shirt looked aggressive to me

From the video inside the bar & other commentary it looked like the guy in the black shirt (believe it was actually blue ) who looks like he's trying to calm it all down outside was actually the one who didn't pay his bill (Hence White shirt was adamant he'd already paid his & wouldn't pay again) & he was also the guy who shoved the other Farang outside. 

• Agree 1

They are a Freelance Contractor Group of Guards not employed by the Independent Bars , not directly employed by any single bar , sounds like Vigilantes or Rogue Group controlled by a Mafia 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, bob smith said:

No, you don't know it was fatal but are just spreading rumors. Normally if a farang is accused, you demand the video evidence. You need to see at least the photos of the corpse before you can make any judgement in this case--by your usual standards.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Irish star said:

One of the quards  had brass knuckles which he shoves in his pocket after altercation 

ouch thats nasty,  those things are truly brutal

• Like 2