Getting minor repairs done to clothes in BKK

Hi,

there used to be a lovely lady at the end of my street who sat with a sewing machine and would do minor repairs and alterations. She disappeared for some reason. There was also a lady at the Soi 4/Sukhumvit intersection, she’s also gone. 
Any recommendations in the central area? I prefer to give my business to the street vendors than have to hustle with tailors

Cheers

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Plenty of mama sewing ladies around lower Sukhumvit.  You'll see them set up with a table and sewing machine on the street.

Okay, I often walk between Asoke and Nana and haven't seen any. Anywhere particular?

1 hour ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Okay, I often walk between Asoke and Nana and haven't seen any. Anywhere particular?

They're around,  you just have to locate one. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 1:46 PM, BillStrangeOgre said:

Anyone have a specific location they know where I can get repairs and alterations done on the street?

Cheers

Not exactly lower Sukhumvit, but up Soi 23, right side, just near where it intersects with Cowboy, there's a sewing lady. Another one is down Soi 22, turn into the small alley on the corner where Buddy's is, right there on the right side.

Edited by rwilem
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, rwilem said:

Not exactly lower Sukhumvit, but up Soi 23, right side, just near where it intersects with Cowboy, there's a sewing lady. Another one is down Soi 22, turn into the small alley on the corner where Buddy's is, right there on the right side.

Yep and there is another one on the left if you keep walking further down soi 22

• Thumbs Up 1