Is Thailand really the 'Land Of Smiles' in 2024?

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking about your clothes 

No. 

You said Thais wear new clothes all the time. The Thai guy next to me looks like he bought his clothes in the 1930s.

So what is your point? 

Bob. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Prayut recognised this and brought "happiness to the people."  He even wrote a song about it!!!   😆

He's been quiet since he got the boot, hasn't he? 

Haven't heard a peep from uncle tu for months...

Bob.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

What I said about Soi 6 was a joke based on the recent violence where a guy was kicked in the head and is lucky not to have been killed. 

Yes, smartphones and social media are all part of the new antisocial movement. Thais are really bad. But most other Asian countries are equally as bad.

Part of the issue about Asians is they never find it impolite, even at social gatherings with other people, to pull out their phones and doom scroll forever at any given moment. 

Soi 6 was also mentioned as a joke from my behalf, since I got some heat when I said soi 6 could not be a quality tourist destination or quality tourist who frequently visited there. 

Using smart phone everywhere with sound. Even at 5 star hotels, they (thais and chinese do not care when having breakfest or around the pool. 

We have travelled a lot around Thailand this year. It seems to me that some Thais in Bangkok are not doing as well as they hoped after the pandemic and are not smilling as much. They are the same in Hua Hin and I hear the samne in Phuket etc.  But in Isaan they are pretty much smilling as much as they were before the pandemic.  My Wife's smile always brightens up my day, and the same thing for most of the family and people people I meet in Isaan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

they smile when i'm around, so it's probably you. reason? a fair bet they're fed up with negative threads being started by bored, miserable foreigners

That is a real daft reply fella. 

Bob. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I like fun Bob. Not have a whinge Bob. In Thailand and everyone seems happy and see few masks. Maybe it is a regional thing. 

I travel to many regions throughout the month, in fact I am on a train to a different region as I type. 

All locals are wearing masks. 

Bob. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

different region? lol. Taking the BTS from Nana to Cowboy and back to Patpong doesn't count as many different regions matey. 😂 

Don't call me matey. 

I am not your mate. 

Bob. 

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, ChumpChange said:

oooo, that's nice. 

Boss is probably what most people call you, based upon the type of places you normally go. 

Bawt, Bawt...

image.png.9d229979dc6d49d3e2d38226307bda5a.png

The ladies call me daddy. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOS hasn't been smiling since this century started, IMO. My GF had a wonderful smile last century, but come 2000 it vanished.

she met you around that time. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Same reason as people stopped smiling everywhere. The world we live in is <deleted> and it's not going to get any better. My generation had it at it's best in the late 50s and early 60s,till Vietnam ruined it all, and it's gone, IMO for good.

IMO we are doomed, but most don't want to admit it.