Thai Man Appeals for Help Repatriating Overstaying Russian Family

webfact

41 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Erm...an immigration officer giving the family 2k baht is hardly "unsympathetic".

That official was good hearted, but as a guy on overstay, he will likely be treated as per the courts. They usually end up in the IDC. I hope his kids are helped out. 

• Like 1

No mention of the kids' mother or relatives they could stay with in Russia. Can he still be conscripted if there is no one to care for his children?

18 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Conscription does take place as it always has but none are on the frontlines, it's logistic, inventory, admin type work etc. 

I will repeat again, to be sent to war this Ukraine, you must appear by yourself a sign the contract with MOD (and get paid for it). This is fully voluntary. However it is similar to signing contract with the devil, because after there is no way back, you cannot cancel it. If you will, there will be a jail time.

There is mandatory conscription still for 1 year service, but those personnel serving in Russia and not being sent to Ukraine. There are million ways to avoid this conscription, having a kid and being single parent is one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He pointed out that they could not afford to return to Russia on their own. He called for swift action to repatriate the family

Maybe, he is ready to pay for this "repatriation" himself?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Nothing about fleeing Russia due to Ukraine - there is no fighting in Russia. Probably overstayed their holiday.

He came to avoid Conscription like most other Russians but unlike a lot of them he is not a rich Oligarch. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

He came to avoid Conscription like most other Russians but unlike a lot of them he is not a rich Oligarch. 

How old is he?  I doubt this story, but I feel it for him and his daughters. I wish them well. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Russian man, tearfully explaining to authorities, said he came to Thailand two years ago to avoid conscription into the Russian-Ukrainian conflict

Should have gone to Mexico, crossed at the one of the many holes in the border, and claimed asylum.  He and his kids would be on their way to U.S. Citizenship.

Here in Thailand?  He'll be lucky to stay out of Immigration Detention Prison.

:sad:  I want to claim asylum for me and my children here in Thailand.
:wai:  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA krap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

Close the borders for all Russians!

send them back, and him to the front line.

or they can revolt and end this mess!

it’s THEIR government that THEY elected and are responsible for!

I'm sure there are many military aged Ukraine's men hiding here as well.  Send them back as well as Zelinsky wants to conscript them and send the to defend the Western front against "Russian aggression."  Why should they be offered a cushy life in Thailand as their Ukrainian brothers and sisters fight for their country.  Deport them all!  🇺🇦

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, VBer said:

I will repeat again, to be sent to war this Ukraine, you must appear by yourself a sign the contract with MOD (and get paid for it). This is fully voluntary. However it is similar to signing contract with the devil, because after there is no way back, you cannot cancel it. If you will, there will be a jail time.

There is mandatory conscription still for 1 year service, but those personnel serving in Russia and not being sent to Ukraine. There are million ways to avoid this conscription, having a kid and being single parent is one of them.

How does this differ from what I said, conscription exists, but none are going to the frontlines

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

Last time I checked Ukraine did not invade Russia and start a war! But then I guess you also supported the German invasion of Poland and the war that started!

Ehm. Are you saying Crimea isn't part of the Ukraine and should not be invaded by the Ukraine to take it back? Well. That's what Hitler did. Danzig was German and was occupied the same way you think Crimea is occupied.

Simple question: Should the Ukraine take back Crimea? If yes, then you support Hitler taking Danzig.

Also, which war started and by whom?

Edited by AreYouGerman
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, connda said:

I'm sure there are many military aged Ukraine's men hiding here as well.  Send them back as well as Zelinsky wants to conscript them and send the to defend the Western front against "Russian aggression."  Why should they be offered a cushy life in Thailand as their Ukrainian brothers and sisters fight for their country.  Deport them all!  🇺🇦

We have one (and his wife) staying in the house next to us, he's all about sending our help from NATO nations but is here... Now I'm antiwar and would never fight for the elites so I'd normally commend anyone avoiding conscription, but he's happy to sacrifice others for his cause which makes him no different from those elites. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

There is one near me been here 9+ years with a Ukraine wife, she has a 'Fashion' shop on the house, He has built a house, a large greenhouse grows and sells weed, all openly seen from the road, I have no Idea what visa he has, but seems to have loads of money. Edit: no Thais work for them.

Edited by brianthainess

3 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

If this is successful perhaps we could find a way to get rid of the rest of them.

Yes, and put you on the Next Plane Back to your country.

Your lack of knowledge, understanding and compassion Are Not Acceptable in Thailand, Please do us all a favor and Leave.

Thai Landlord demonstrated some of the qualities the rest of Us who live in Harmony in Thailand support and Love.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You guys that live around there you could help by going onto FB groups, maybe some Russian groups like there is in Phuket, them kids need food, FFS one of you buy them a McDonalds, there is not link to the news story I would post it here, 

1 hour ago, J Branche said:

Yes, and put you on the Next Plane Back to your country.

Your lack of knowledge, understanding and compassion Are Not Acceptable in Thailand, Please do us all a favor and Leave.

Thai Landlord demonstrated some of the qualities the rest of Us who live in Harmony in Thailand support and Love.

Amen to that brother.

i take it you don't do sarcasm?

My bet would be American.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

Close the borders for all Russians!

send them back, and him to the front line.

or they can revolt and end this mess!

it’s THEIR government that THEY elected and are responsible for!

One day you might be in the same situation  ,

have you ever been to Russia ?

most Russian People  are ok  of course there is a minority like any country that cross the line .

hopefully Russia will go back to neutral one day  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thailand welcomed our Russian guests with open arms plus 90 day visas 💰 

Now looks like there are plenty of Russians probably in the same position as this guy Thailand will reap what they sow 

In thinking of  🤑  first instead of the consequences that will follow in overstayers 

• Like 1