How can I improve my relationship?

20 hours ago, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

I am a workaholic. I love my work more than my partner. However, as a human, living alone all the time can't be easy for me. One thing my ex partners never try to understand is why I am trying so hard. They always call me a robot. They are not entirely wrong because I spend most of my time working instead of chatting with the partner. So, it is not too surprising to see my partner getting easily annoyed with me. How can I improve my relationship?

Been where you are, and the challenge is that you have to understand what is important to you.

It may be a case where you need to find a GF that you set aside time for on weekends.  You definitely do not need a live-in partner as you, unfortunately, treat them at the same level as a cat.  You play with it occasionally but/

If a weekend is too much, then find someone who has a full-time job that is also busy.  

It is extremely hard to put on the brakes, and change. Do not even try that.  

Find someone that you can spend an evening with but be fully engaged in the evening.

20 hours ago, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

1. Get off the internet and spend more time with said partner.

2. Ask said partner these types of questions rather than anonymous strangers on said internet. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, LS24 said:

If you have already offered a money supply, the respect was already gone.

Correct, pulling money or stopping isnt respect it is control. Another perspective I got from talking to Thais, which goes along their line of thinking.

We give them support a better life which they freely make the choice. One hopes it money is buying love that later one hopes it comes to respect, appreciation even love for what we are doing.

In conversation girl once said " foreigners treat Thai like dogs " 

They dangle money at us we like dogs have to respond to them.

I sat there quiet like a Thai man thinking to myself you working this job cause a Thai Man walked out on you. Now you complaining he doesnt understand you get on your nerves. I know of no dog that has a house, car, no longer has to spread her legs get a sizable allowance?  Sounds like we are the dog LOL.

Remarkable you do create X-es. You do seem to find time for that, well it is in your addiction system.

Addictions (any kind) can always cause problems in relations, and you are addicted.

Stepping down from that isnt easy, but is essential for relations. You already know and found out.

It is up to you, to change that. It is a setting of mind.

Your work addiction can also cause health problems to you. Maybe could cause a "burn out".

A "burn out" can have many effects on you and it comes in slowly. Even hard to tell when you finally, maybe notice it.

But everyone is unique.

You already gave the answer yourself, you must change to make a relation work, listen to your partner, see the body language and act properly. Slap yourself in the face and force yourself. Otherwise it fails again.

On 5/29/2024 at 4:21 PM, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

I am a workaholic. I love my work more than my partner. However, as a human, living alone all the time can't be easy for me. One thing my ex partners never try to understand is why I am trying so hard. They always call me a robot. They are not entirely wrong because I spend most of my time working instead of chatting with the partner. So, it is not too surprising to see my partner getting easily annoyed with me. How can I improve my relationship?

Just leave and move on..........again...........and again.............and ........!

So assuming the OP is real, which nowadays in AN I question.

Work cost me my first marriage, I stupidly put it before everything. Missed God knows how many kids soccer games, recitals.

Still love my ex, probably count her as my best friend, we talk every week.

With my Thai wife, and retirement gig I finally got it, better later than never I guess.

The job is never is never worth wreaking the home life

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm.

Post has been up two days and just on page 2 of replies.

It seems we curmudgeons aren't interested in this kind of thing.

Maybe it's because most relationships here are like lighters. 

Disposable.

And then there are always FNGs looking for true love.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 4:21 PM, Jackie Szoboszlai said:

love my work more than my partner 

Have you tried posting on Dear Abby forum? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST