5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

2 hours ago, asia123 said:

I need some advice.

I'm currently in Vientiane and will be going to the embassy tomorrow.

I'm still undecided whether to obtain a Non O visa as usual or try to get the uncertain DTV.

If I apply for the Non O visa tomorrow I can receive it on Tuesday for sure and go back to Thailand on that day. 

However, if I try for the DTV tomorrow, I cant get non-o visa on Tuesday. Moreover if I end up not getting DTV I'll go for the Non O visa, but that means I won't receive non-o until the end of next week. 

If you can show B500,000 in a bank somewhere, and have proof of remote working I would go for it, but maybe just ask them first if you think you would qualify

Let us know how you got on

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

There is nothing in DTV legal language about tax exemption, so 180+ days = income is taxable.  See your dual-tax treaty to know if it will affect you and/or how much.

In my case I would only do 89 days at beginning and 89 at end of year therefore avoiding this issue as its clearly stated 180+ days and you will be tax residence. For people doing more than those days I would be careful.

7 minutes ago, asia123 said:

Just Now I’m in Vientiane embassy. 

it doesn't seem like everyone is getting the DTV. The agents don't seem to be mentioning DTV either…? 

Did you ask them if you can apply for DTV? On their website it seems easy... Did you make an appointment?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 12:32 PM, Upnotover said:

And you won't be doing one in Laos.  You can however apply in person at the embassy/consulate.  

Thanks I didn't know this.

1 hour ago, asia123 said:

I tried, but I was rejected. However, some other people were successful. They paid 10,000 baht.

What are you saying? It's being issued or it isn't?  Why was yours rejected and other were accepted?

• Like 1

I won’t know the exact reason unless I ask that person.

1.    He said to bring an official balance certificate from the bank.
    2.    He also said to bring a transaction statement from the bank.

I was rejected when I printed out a web statement and brought it in.

Also, I only brought a single printed page of the webApp I created as a portfolio. That might have been a problem too?

Edited by asia123
  • Like 1

I couldn’t hear well and didn’t know what was going on, but the guy who paid 10,000 baht and successfully obtained the DTV was showing something on his smartphone screen to the staff. I also saw a few others showing their smartphone screens to the staff. I don’t know what they were showing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, asia123 said:

Also, I only brought a single printed page of the webApp I created as a portfolio. That might have been a problem too?

Thanks!  Sorry it didn't workout. Expensive trip.

42 minutes ago, asia123 said:

I couldn’t hear well and didn’t know what was going on, but the guy who paid 10,000 baht and successfully obtained the DTV was showing something on his smartphone screen to the staff. I also saw a few others showing their smartphone screens to the staff. I don’t know what they were showing.

They could've been showing their bank account balance in the online banking app. It might be worth offering to show those proactively in case the staff at the Embassy have doubts about the printouts. It won't harm for sure.

There are other reports (in other forums) that the Embassy in Vientiane is picky about the banking documents and even ask to get those certified in your country's Embassy (?!). Seems like Vientiane isn't the friendliest place when it comes to DTVs.

46 minutes ago, asia123 said:

Yes, of course you would need to bring a Bank-Statement showing the 500K, which seems to be the primary thing they are concerned with - stamped by your bank. 
I am surprised if others were able to show something on a phone - will be guys making fake-bank-website clones, if that is allowed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

Yes, of course you would need to bring a Bank-Statement showing the 500K, which seems to be the primary thing they are concerned with - stamped by your bank. 
I am surprised if others were able to show something on a phone - will be guys making fake-bank-website clones, if that is allowed.

I cannot fathom spending hundreds of dollars on travel, accomodation and visa fees to go and apply for a visa which is already surrounded by uncertainty and not be carrying the most important document they require. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

Those who apply in neighboring countries - like Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia etc - are most likely those who are already in the region (which is kinda the whole idea of remote working). Had they still been in their home country they probably would've applied there rather than going to the Embassy in Vientiane. Hence asking for an original physical stamp from the bank is an overkill considering the logistic difficulties of getting one remotely. A printout should be enough and some banks allow to authenticate the documents electronically.

While its possible to create a fake clone app of a banking app it'll likely be way more complicated than creating a fake statement printout with a fake stamp. Especially if one was to create a functioning app where you can click around etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ddartt said:

Those who apply in neighboring countries - like Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia etc - are most likely those who are already in the region (which is kinda the whole idea of remote working). Had they still been in their home country they probably would've applied there rather than going to the Embassy in Vientiane. Hence asking for an original physical stamp from the bank is an overkill considering the logistic difficulties of getting one remotely. A printout should be enough and some banks allow to authenticate the documents electronically.

It seems to me, one would need to be applying using funds in a Thai or Laos bank if applying in Laos.  If in Malaysia, Cambodia, etc-  same, same.   This may not be the rule now, but I suspect it will be soon.  

Yes, those bank-letters could be faked, but Immigration accepts them in-country, and they are as tough as it gets.  Even the "agent" generated bank-letters ones are real - hence needing to put funds in the account (briefly) to get one generated.

As to the fake-app - a day or two of work from a basic-template, including working links - all just pulling up static-files/images.  I predict that will not be accepted for long either.

19 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

As to the fake-app - a day or two of work from a basic-template, including working links - all just pulling up static-files/images.  I predict that will not be accepted for long either.

I'd be surprised if showing something on your phone was accepted at all. Not just because of the issue that an app could be fake, too, but because they cannot add any documentation of looking at a phone screen to their paper files. And we all know how much they love paper.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It might have been better to bring a balance certificate stamped by the bank.

I don't know what they were showing on their smartphones because I didn't see the screen.

It seemed like a lot of people were coming to Vientiane to obtain the DTV, judging by the way the receptionist spoke.

At least I saw someone paying 10,000 baht in front of me.

1. We need certificate from your bank

2. please contact your bank to sending you about pdf with your bank transaction

I transcribed what that man wrote and handed to me.

Sorry to hear that @asia123 , hope the trip wasn't too expensive, probably not.

So Vientiane DTV seems it's not so good as we hoped... If they really need 'original' (or stamped? not clear about this) paper from the bank, then it will not be easy for us who are here in the region and our bank is overseas... In Kuala Lumpur embassy they always accepted my printed e-statement PDF files from my HK HSBC or EU OTP bank, for years (last month as well).

About the other applicants in embassy which were showing them their mobile phone banking apps - maybe the embassy staff wanted to double-check real-time balance after they got the printed statement first (this happened to me before, can't remember where).

Hope we will see more positive reports from Vientiane... Phnom Penh seems better option now, eh? There was positive report from there, and they didn't mention showing 'original' bank paper (it was Chinese couple as I recall, and they were traveling around SEA).

• Thanks 1

anybody ( Office or readers ) can help out with a remote work contract or classs , thats ok for aplication, any help (wil offer financial compensation ) pls BM

or if anybody knows an Office webside

14 hours ago, sallecc said:

If they really need 'original' (or stamped? not clear about this) paper from the bank, then it will not be easy for us who are here in the region and our bank is overseas...

maybe pay for express shipping ie tell the bank to deduct it from your account?

FedEx is pretty fast overseas. 

10 hours ago, Maestro said:

Thank you, @Sum Ting Wong, for posting you DTV arrival stamp. You applied on the basis of Muay Thay training, if I remember correctly.

if one applied today, and was approved say sept 1 , when is the deadline for 1st entry into Thailand? how many months?

1 hour ago, khlongtoey said:

if one applied today, and was approved say sept 1 , when is the deadline for 1st entry into Thailand? how many months?

The 5 years start the day you get the visa, not when you use it first time

• Thumbs Up 1