Sexual assault in an international school

pedro01

10 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Nowadays with a few exceptions it mainly means rich Thai Chinese kids, rich Chinese Chinese kids,  a few look krung and kids of foreign teachers studying for free.

The international element is mainly in the teachers and the syllabus.  

In most international schools there are many THAI students also usually from richer families unlike some international schools that also provide scholarships for less than rich local families - the student wll still need to pass the academics for the school but then are provided either US or EU academics...this would also enable at times for these poorer students to go to international colleges.  Yes some of the richer

local kids that go have a "surperiority" attitude in that they think that they can get away with just about anything.   That is why in these instances, it is necessary for the parents to join through a lawyer to ensure that the school realizes that the public will eventually know which school is negligent and doesn't really care about their children, only $$$$.  I have had two girls spend almost all their school years in international schools - luckily every one concerned the educational needs of my kids and they are doing great today and happy.  I never heard about any of this type of acty and if it had occurred then I am sure my daughters would have advised me because they are well aware of how I feel on this issue.  

Posted (edited)

It’s hilarious because when I was in school someone may get in trouble for wearing a tank top. You get the point. They were looking for anything to nab you for. Now it’s ok for kids to use these psyche and soul destroying devices all day. Just be honest with yourselves. 

Take a different spin on it if it help you. What if you were in nature and you came across some kind of animal, and it spent 10 hours a day staring at a rock. You’d think the animal would have gone bat <deleted> insane. 

I could go on and on about this topic but I know people will just leave their heads jammed up there. It’s sad. I don’t really get it. 

But the reason I even brought it up here is I see it as proof teacher don’t care. They know the phones are detrimental more than anyone. And how many teachers put their foot down and stop students from using them? Not many because they don’t want to rock the boat. They are just there for a paycheck. 

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Honestly anyone who is reporting to care about kids, wake me up when we start restricting their use. This is seriosuly ridiculous. Anyone who honest with themselves knows these devices are ruining kids lives. 

School is ruining kids lives 
I'm half-joking. 

But one of the main purposes of school is to keep kids there all day so that when they get older they're trained to be at work all day.

Don't fool yourself that kids are absorbing useful information 8 hours a day and the phone is detracting from it. 

Human beings have a limit to how many hours they can study and learn. And it aint 7 am to 4 pm and then homework. It's just mostly drudgery to prepare them for the drudgery of work later on. 

And thats one reason kids behave badly. Because they dont want to be trapped there all day. 

A more humane school system would be 3-4 hours a day max of studying, and the rest play, art, dance, sports, video games ... no homework. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

If the student didn't tell anyone or remove herself from the situation it would show that she was happy with it.  Perhaps the students always hanged out with those boys.  It is quite common to see one girl around 5 boys.  Also they are of similar age.  Now that I think about it you don't really have much of a case.

Teacher assaulting a student would be a good earner.  But same age friends messing about and the girl shows no desire to stop the situation is not going to be so alarming.

• Sad 1

also, the girl is half caucasian so particularly exotic to these boys? so she might attract a lot of attention including negative attention in any other school. 

ok, thats my last post.

not sorry for spamming your thread.

thats how i roll.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

personally if it was  my daughter was being molested in school by the same gang of boys and the school did nothing I would be ensuring they would not do it again by having someone have a very long talk to them to make sure they knew what would happen if it continued. This is one subject I get very caught up in, my 14 year old daughter was raped and killed by acouple of teenagers so I tend to have a different perspective than many others, as a father you do what ever is necessary for the sake of your daughter and take action that will ensure those doing it dont it again, if the school and police refuse to help then you need to step in.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/30/2024 at 10:11 PM, MalcolmB said:

Surely should be dealt with so they know not to do it again, but expelling  15 year old boys ruining their education, or involving police, media and lawyers is a bit much. They are just learning.

Send your children there and let the boys learn. It may be fun

On 5/30/2024 at 10:11 PM, MalcolmB said:

If a teacher did it then castrate him, but 15 year old boys pulling at girls bra straps need to be given a second chance. Part of growing up.

Sure. After 4 sexual assaults let's them learn more and master sexual assaults.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Honestly anyone who is reporting to care about kids, wake me up when we start restricting their use. This is seriosuly ridiculous. Anyone who honest with themselves knows these devices are ruining kids lives. 

you really have blown this all out of proportion .....

his daughter has an issue with the school and he will action it accordingly ...

you bring all your other cr_p in forno reason 

let him do what has to be done and f__k  of ....

• Agree 2

On 5/31/2024 at 1:40 PM, Confuscious said:

You can propose all the FOREIGNER tricks you want, at the end his daughter will still have to live in Thailand and face the Thai school system.
WITH your lawyer, sueing, etc.
You will make live just more difficult for her.
If she is not able to handle the "molesting" by herself, get her out of Thailand and give her a better education abroad.
A tip: enroll your daughter in a self-defense school.
This was my daughter learning Aikido/Muay Thai.
Not many boys dare to touch her.

sadly aikido is fake

the students play along

2 boys or more wanting to rape, will not wait their turn to be put on the floor with this dance...

On 6/1/2024 at 12:05 PM, Nendo said:

You foreigners are all so scared of influential or rich Thais. What do you think they can do? Are you scared of getting killed? 

Oh look, a troll. First post on the forum is this targeted, demented drivel. 

Let me answer, and it's not directed at you are you are not worthy.

Three years ago one of my pals was deported on trumped up charges after crossing swords with an influential Thai. 

Beware the velvet dagger.   

4 hours ago, john donson said:

sadly aikido is fake

the students play along

2 boys or more wanting to rape, will not wait their turn to be put on the floor with this dance...

Om the second video I posted, she is studying Muay Thai.

But I am sure that you will belittle that also.

On 6/1/2024 at 3:31 PM, Dnyy said:

I'm not a troll. You are just weak and need others from a forum to help you on something this serious. What message are you sending to your daughter now? Daddy is scared and is waiting for other adults to step in. Typical Westerner behavior.

I notice you don't have an avatar photo.. 

Here is one perfectly suited for you... 

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 11.18.04.png

On 6/2/2024 at 10:08 AM, JoseThailand said:

Boys being boys. Remember when you were at school. That wasn't even called an "assault"

Based on the original post, there seems to be a significant difference between merely flicking a bra-strap and what actually occurred.

Nevertheless, feel free to defend those who would commit such a reprehensible act as sexually assaulting a girl. Perhaps this aligns with your behavior and values.... ???  :whistling:   :neus:

On 6/1/2024 at 4:35 PM, Robert Paulson said:

BS. Anyone can do that. And it’s a great chance to be a role model for your kids. Why be leashed to a corporate job? It’s such an easy decision. We’re talking about a major life altering event here and your response when your kids well being is at stake is basically: “the kids will deal with it, I need to get back to work”. 

Actually, I disagree with home schooling unless the parent that will do that has some experience in schooling and especially home schooling.  We don't know the circumstances of the girl's parents, whether they could just quit work and start teaching...I could yeah, but I am retired and still I couldn't do home schooling, I value my children's education.  Both my daugthers went to and granduated from  an  internatinal school and based on my experience with those schools, nothing like this would happen as the students are provided rules and punishment for those who break those rules.  Their teachers too,

some young some old were usually parents of a student or two or even more in some cases.  Anyone saying BS to anyone about not being able to home school is definitely someone I wouldn't want to decide

anything for me and my family nor for anyone else either.  Just saying...good luck to all

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Presnock said:

Actually, I disagree with home schooling unless the parent that will do that has some experience in schooling and especially home schooling.  We don't know the circumstances of the girl's parents, whether they could just quit work and start teaching...I could yeah, but I am retired and still I couldn't do home schooling, I value my children's education.  Both my daugthers went to and granduated from  an  internatinal school and based on my experience with those schools, nothing like this would happen as the students are provided rules and punishment for those who break those rules.  Their teachers too,

some young some old were usually parents of a student or two or even more in some cases.  Anyone saying BS to anyone about not being able to home school is definitely someone I wouldn't want to decide

anything for me and my family nor for anyone else either.  Just saying...good luck to all

Even if I wasn’t capable of home schooling, which if you aren’t you’ve made some life mistakes in my opinion we’re talking about teaching kids and you’re trying to outcompete a teacher who has 30 students in a classroom… but to finish my thought, I’d get capable. This is so not rocket science, and it gets back to my previous points: this is some of the most importantly stuff in your life. If you’re not qualified for get. Get qualified. If your life isn’t set up for it, make some changes. 

I think people jam their heads in the sand when it comes to their kids, I was attempting to “prove” that earlier with teenage use of phones. I think most people know they are bad yet they rationalize and do nothing. Imo if there was a teacher or parent who actually cared there would be some serious phone limitations. I think the mechanism that drives all of this is simply societal: we’re expected to get a job and put our kids in school. The rest we can just rationalize. It’s a far cry from what we should actually be doing. 

On 5/31/2024 at 2:17 PM, MalcolmB said:

That is not what Dad told me.

”Treat em mean and keep em keen” tends to get the most out of them.

You sound like somebody who has probably gone through a divorce? 

What did your mother tell you?

On 5/31/2024 at 9:09 PM, theblether said:

Implicating a Thai boy as a sexual predator and expecting his parents to accept it? dear me - where angels fear to tread. 

I couldn't give a <deleted> what his parents would think, should have raised their child better. My child's welfare is number one. 

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/31/2024 at 10:09 PM, save the frogs said:

- You don't want to dirty your soul by contacting dirty cops or any of that nonsense. Don't stoop to their level. Don't participate in the corruption. 

- You don't know who has contacts with who and how much problem they can cause you.

- Just get her out of there and DO NOTHING. No lawyers, no cops, no contacts in high places, no journalists, no connected family members, no bribes/paying off people,  no NOTHING. 

- Just move her to a safe place. 

Sure, teach her that you have to run all your live if there is a problem.

• Agree 1

On 6/1/2024 at 1:12 AM, Confuscious said:

In the Thai lessons, the teacher wanted the kids to deliver their work crawling ON THEIR KNEES.
That was the Thai culture and was done everywhere.
When your child will finish her studies at a thai university. she can go find a job for 9,000 Baht per month as a cassiere at Mc Donalds.

"In the Thai lessons, the teacher wanted the kids to deliver their work crawling ON THEIR KNEES.
That was the Thai culture and was done everywhere."

It is not done everywhere, absolute nonsense.

"When your child will finish her studies at a thai university. she can go find a job for 9,000 Baht per month as a cassiere at Mc Donalds."

Absolute nonsense again, we employ people from top Thai universities and they get more than 100K a month.

• Agree 1

On 6/1/2024 at 10:10 AM, pedro01 said:

As for bringing in influential people. It's a possibility - friends of the wife - but you don't call on favors like that in anything but extreme cases.

The assaults on your daughter are not extreme enough for you?

On 6/1/2024 at 9:45 PM, Dogmatix said:

Nowadays with a few exceptions it mainly means rich Thai Chinese kids, rich Chinese Chinese kids,  a few look krung and kids of foreign teachers studying for free.

The international element is mainly in the teachers and the syllabus.  

On 6/2/2024 at 8:27 AM, BritManToo said:

A phone is a useful tool, my kid is in CEP (Chinese and English Project), and uses it to help him with Chinese/English/Thai translation.

students are  usually international too with some locals mixed in usually of a richer family 

20 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Even if I wasn’t capable of home schooling, which if you aren’t you’ve made some life mistakes in my opinion we’re talking about teaching kids and you’re trying to outcompete a teacher who has 30 students in a classroom… but to finish my thought, I’d get capable. This is so not rocket science, and it gets back to my previous points: this is some of the most importantly stuff in your life. If you’re not qualified for get. Get qualified. If your life isn’t set up for it, make some changes. 

I think people jam their heads in the sand when it comes to their kids, I was attempting to “prove” that earlier with teenage use of phones. I think most people know they are bad yet they rationalize and do nothing. Imo if there was a teacher or parent who actually cared there would be some serious phone limitations. I think the mechanism that drives all of this is simply societal: we’re expected to get a job and put our kids in school. The rest we can just rationalize. It’s a far cry from what we should actually be doing. 

I think you are the one with your head in the sand.  This is an issue that the school admin needs to fix immediately.  Teachers if they ignored it need to fired or punished appropriately too.  A lawyer should set the stage for the school admin - press would be if nothing is done.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Thank you for this refreshing perspective. 
With all of us (myself included) having gone through years and years of government schooling, its no wonder that we are all somewhat biased towards schools as a non-negotiable institution, no matter the downsides. 
Especially in Thailand we see people working their lives away, spending hardly any time with their children only to be able to send them to the "best" school. 

1 hour ago, Presnock said:
21 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Expand  

I think you are the one with your head in the sand.  This is an issue that the school admin needs to fix immediately.  Teachers if they ignored it need to fired or punished appropriately too.  A lawyer should set the stage for the school admin - press would be if nothing is done.

Completely agree...  I'd go so far and question Robert Paulsons grasp on reality and even if he has ever had children. 

The educators at my son's institution are a diverse cohort, encompassing graduates in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, English Literature, Geography, History, Art, French, Spanish, and other languages. Many hold Masters degrees, while some have obtained Doctorates, all complemented by either a Bachelor's in Education or a Postgraduate PGCE. Additionally, there are specialised sports coaches, each bringing their own expertise to the table.

It would take decades of additional time invested to accumulate such an array of qualifications.

For many of us, the prudent allocation of our time lies in leveraging our respective areas of expertise, thereby ensuring that our children benefit from the exceptional opportunities presented by these esteemed educational institutions.

It is reassuring to know that our children are being exposed to a wealth of expertise and knowledge, which they may not yet fully comprehend, much like myself. Conversely, individuals such as Robert Paulson seem to be oblivious to the vast expanse of information and expertise that exists beyond their awareness and instead post with a degree of ignorance that not only betrays their intelligence, but highlights their ignorance. 

• Agree 1

About the home schooling, a couple who lives in the same town as me, has 3 children and they never went to a school.

They are American citizens.

The woman takes care of the education of her children and most times other children from their community.

The man spend his days visiting people on his bicycle with another "preacher man".

They are Mormons.

I visit them regularly, and their children have more knowledge and speak better English as any child from their age 

As for future perspectives, they don't live exactly in poor conditions.

So, where is the problem?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Completely agree...  I'd go so far and question Robert Paulsons grasp on reality and even if he has ever had children. 

The educators at my son's institution are a diverse cohort, encompassing graduates in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, English Literature, Geography, History, Art, French, Spanish, and other languages. Many hold Masters degrees, while some have obtained Doctorates, all complemented by either a Bachelor's in Education or a Postgraduate PGCE. Additionally, there are specialised sports coaches, each bringing their own expertise to the table.

It would take decades of additional time invested to accumulate such an array of qualifications.

For many of us, the prudent allocation of our time lies in leveraging our respective areas of expertise, thereby ensuring that our children benefit from the exceptional opportunities presented by these esteemed educational institutions.

It is reassuring to know that our children are being exposed to a wealth of expertise and knowledge, which they may not yet fully comprehend, much like myself. Conversely, individuals such as Robert Paulson seem to be oblivious to the vast expanse of information and expertise that exists beyond their awareness and instead post with a degree of ignorance that not only betrays their intelligence, but highlights their ignorance. 

I agree wholeheartedly and as mentioned previously one daughter graduated from IS in Rome - successful highly paid CEO asst in US, younger daughter graduated from CMIS 2 years ago speaking, reading, translating, etc in 4 languages - Thai/US native, Chinese (11th grade after hours taught basic Chinese at another HS) Korean - has passed level 4l of the international Korean test - also very high level math and computer skills.  CMIS students usually love learning and the school is very supportive of that issue.  

• Like 1