How to pay land/property tax from overseas

Q: How can I pay my land/property tax for a condo from overseas?

The juristic office of the condo I own in Pattaya sent me the notice from the tax office asking me to pay about 300 baht in land/property tax before the end of June.

My problem is: I live overseas, and due to work I'm unable to visit Thailand during June. Apparently, you can pay taxes via the Krung Thai Bank, but I think you have to show up in person, and anyway, I don't have an account with them (I do with Bangkok Bank), so what should I do? What kind of other method is there?

How do you pay taxes when you don't live in Thailand? 

, Should I ask my juristic office to go and pay? (I already have money with them to help me pay water and electricity bills.)

Thanks for any advice.

• Confused 1

What makes you think that you have to pay the tax in person at the bank?   Have you asked the bank for the KTB account details for the payment?  If the JP won't pay it on your behalf, just transfer the amount from your BBL account, you don't need a KTB account to credit a third party KTB account.    Or wait until you're back in Thailand. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, inf said:

The juristic office of the condo I own in Pattaya sent me the notice from the tax office asking me to pay about 300 baht in land/property tax before the end of June.

My problem is: I live overseas, and due to work I'm unable to visit Thailand during June. Apparently, you can pay taxes via the Krung Thai Bank, but I think you have to show up in person, and anyway, I don't have an account with them (I do with Bangkok Bank), so what should I do? What kind of other method is there?

, Should I ask my juristic office to go and pay? (I already have money with them to help me pay water and electricity bills.)

Thanks for any advice.

I believe you can set up a direct debit with them. When they sent my bill, they also sent a form for direct debit payments 

17 hours ago, inf said:

Thanks for any advice.

As @scubascuba3 wrote - use your bank's app to scan the barcode on the bill. Very easy, very simple

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I believe you can set up a direct debit with them. When they sent my bill, they also sent a form for direct debit payments 

I think that most direct debits are difficult to cancel if the payee does not want to stop them.

I am very wary of paying by this method after a newspaper that I subscribed to this way refused to cancel the transaction. After 15 months of arguing with the newspaper, I had to resort to tell the bank that my debit card had been stolen.

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that most direct debits are difficult to cancel if the payee does not want to stop them.

I am very wary of paying by this method after a newspaper that I subscribed to this way refused to cancel the transaction. After 15 months of arguing with the newspaper, I had to resort to tell the bank that my debit card had been stolen.

Understand but a bit different between a newspaper and the Tessabarn 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Understand but a bit different between a newspaper and the Tessabarn 

One would hope so.

The newspaper in question was supposedly the top newspaper in the UK.

The bottom line with a direct debit is that the payer cannot cancel it. Only the payee can.

Edited by Tropicalevo

If you have issues using the barcode (some bank apps are reported as misbehaving) there is a Line account mentioned on the bill.  Talk to them there and they'll let you know what to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody.

Here is how my story ended:

1/ the short version: I asked my juristic office to pay the land tax for me from the funds I keep with them to pay water and electricity bills.

2/ the long version: they gave me a Siam Commercial Bank account number where I could pay the tax - but ... I discovered my Bangkok Bank app no longer worked on my primitive Android 7.1.2 HTC U11+ phone ... and as many others  have pointed out on other threads on this forum, it is virtually impossible to transfer that Bangkok Bank app to another phone (a new Android 8 phone or my wife's Android 11 phone) when outside of Thailand because a visit to a branch is necessary. Luckily, I have the people at my condo's juristic office do the good work for me.

PS I'm preparing to buy a new phone and visit Bangkok Bank during my next visit, to upgrade the app and add an Internet iBualuang account, as an mBualuang account for the phone obviously won't last long.

• Like 1