Hamas Ready for 'Complete Agreement' if Israel Ceases Hostilities

emad-el-byed-FG_AIoyhwZc-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Emad El Byed on Unsplash

Hamas announced on Thursday that it informed mediators of its decision to halt participation in further negotiations amid ongoing aggression. However, the group expressed readiness for a "complete agreement," including an exchange of hostages and prisoners, if Israel ceased its offensive. Talks mediated by Egypt and Qatar to secure a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza conflict have repeatedly stalled, with each side blaming the other for the lack of progress.

This statement from Hamas coincides with Israel's continued offensive in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, despite an International Court of Justice (ICJ) order to halt the attacks. "Hamas and the Palestinian factions will not accept to be part of this policy by continuing [ceasefire] negotiations in light of the aggression, siege, starvation, and genocide of our people," the Hamas statement read. "Today, we informed the mediators of our clear position that if the occupation stops its war and aggression against our people in Gaza, our readiness [is] to reach a complete agreement that includes a comprehensive exchange deal," it added.

Israel has previously rejected Hamas's offers, branding them as insufficient and reaffirming its objective to eliminate a group committed to its destruction. It asserts that the Rafah offensive aims to rescue hostages and eliminate Hamas fighters. According to the health ministry in Gaza, nearly 36,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israel's widespread offensive. The operation was launched following Hamas-led militant attacks on southern Israeli communities on October 7 last year, resulting in the deaths of approximately 1,200 people and the capture of more than 250 hostages, according to Israeli sources.

As reported by Reuters.

2024-06-01

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Want to do a deal? Release all hostages (and/or their dead bodies) immediately and unconditionally. 

Sure, and then netanyahu takes the gloves off and finishes the jobs of totally destroying Gaza. IMO the only reason they have not already done so is the hostages.

That idea would only work if the israelis could be trusted................... need I say anything about that?

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure, and then netanyahu takes the gloves off and finishes the jobs of totally destroying Gaza. IMO the only reason they have not already done so is the hostages.

That idea would only work if the israelis could be trusted................... need I say anything about that?

Got it, so confirmation that you agree with Hamas and not releasing any hostages.

21 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Got it, so confirmation that you agree with Hamas and not releasing any hostages.

I'm not agreeing with any organisation. My opinions are my own. IMO Hamas would be very foolish to accept any proposal from israel without some way of enforcing it. Netanyahu is IMO not to be trusted.

If Hamas gives up any more hostages without some actual proof of israel not reneging, IMO they would be opening the way for israel to completely obliterate Gaza.

Netanyahu IMO does not consider the return of the hostages alive to be a priority, else they would have been returned months ago.

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not agreeing with any organisation. My opinions are my own. IMO Hamas would be very foolish to accept any proposal from israel without some way of enforcing it. Netanyahu is IMO not to be trusted.

If Hamas gives up any more hostages without some actual proof of israel not reneging, IMO they would be opening the way for israel to completely obliterate Gaza.

Netanyahu IMO does not consider the return of the hostages alive to be a priority, else they would have been returned months ago.

IMO Hamas would be very foolish to accept any proposal from israel without some way of enforcing it.

Like I said

22 hours ago, Bkk Brian said: