Bus hits truck on U-turn

Posted (edited)

A Trat to Bangkok bus struck a box truck on highway 344.

The truck was making a u-turn in front of the oncoming bus, leading to the collision, which injured 6 passengers and trapped the bus driver in his seat. It took emergency responders about the 30 minutes, to cut the driver from the wreckage, using hydraulic rescue equipment. None of the injuries, were reported to be serious.

IMG_3072.jpeg

IMG_3058.jpeg

IMG_3059.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

11 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Silly humans.  Time for AI to take care of our roads.

Elon is working on it ... :coffee1:

For 1st world countries anyway ... might be a while for TH.  Wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Our friends at the wheel of big trucks.

Recently had to do a hard break as such mental patient cut out about 50 meters away on the highway. He did that at the beginning up of a slope to overtake a trailer truck.

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

U-turn, U-Die 

Absolute major cause for deadly accidents.

We have a MAKRO(!) which can only be reached from the east by using a fairly narrow U-turn. Some months ago at nighttime a motorist died when a truck started the U-turn. Full impact. One of them sleepy?

The U-turn is so narrow that long trailers have to turn from the fast lane instead of the U-turn lane.

In Pattaya on Sukhumvit they closed down some U-turns after many bike riders died. If I am forced to ride there I use a detour to the next intersection with traffic lights anyway.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Agree 1