Thinking about becoming a Thai citizen.

On 6/4/2024 at 6:48 PM, MalcolmB said:

Not yet, I am only getting started.

William Heinicke is a stand alone case, he's provided work for hundreds of Thais and created supply chains providing business opportunities for thousands of Thais. He knows how to very successfully crate vertical integration of business (instead of buying  cheese monthly from a cheese maker, buy the cheese making company and decrease your operating costs and increase your own revenues and margins ).

And I'm aware that he's financially supported many of his star employees through masters programs etc.

Plus I've always wondered if he's got very helpful friends in very high places who can easily pull very valuable strings.

On 6/4/2024 at 12:48 PM, MalcolmB said:

Not yet, I am only getting started.

It took Heinecke 28 years from moving here and about 24 of these in business before he got his.  If you're 53 as mentioned you may not have that time available.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone have a link to official site and DL application? Also, the official points sheet? Thanks.

I'd read that you must be employed during the process. Is this correct? I'm now retired from ten years employment in Thailand

Edited by BusNo8

2 hours ago, BusNo8 said:

Anyone have a link to official site and DL application? Also, the official points sheet? Thanks.

I'd read that you must be employed during the process. Is this correct? I'm now retired from ten years employment in Thailand

If you are unemployed you do not qualify. If you are not married to a Thai, then you would first need to go the PR route, but to do so you would still need to be employed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2024 at 3:54 PM, treetops said:

If you're 53 as mentioned you may not have that time available.

He will be ok not only is he very ( according to him ) rich  but he has guaranteed longevity to

On 6/4/2024 at 9:59 AM, MalcolmB said:

That is interesting.

i have met quite a few people over the past two weeks who are doing it, some of who have been doing it for 20+ years without a problem.

i fully intend to set it up legally through lawyers. Some people tell me I need four thai shareholders, some tell me only two, and some say only one.

I have Thais who I can use, my girlfriend and her family members.

The lawyers set it up in a way that I still control it everything. Thousands of people do it every year.

it seems a lot of people living here long term are very successful and others are scared to do anything.

i am still relatively young, have money to invest and I am not going to put in a bank getting low interest. 

https://www.siam-legal.com/Business-in-Thailand/thailand-limited-company.php

What's conveniently not mentioned (including on the site your posted) is any mention of the reason for starting the company / the business purpose of the company.

There have been cases where the 'authorities' found that the company has submitted annual company reports and accounting / audit reports but there's no stated business purpose recorded anywhere, in reality the company has done no trading / conducted no business activity whatever. And it seems this leads to the assumption the company was set up for  different purpose - to create a 'situation' whereby the company buys property ....

• Agree 1