German Tourist's Fatal Fall at Pattaya Hotel Shocks Visitors

webfact

The one meter high patio rails are deadly for anyone over 170cm.  How many more "tragic" falls needed before they raise the height on all of them

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

an individual falling from a height

The English of the reports on this site provide enough amusement in itself to read articles, even if the topic is of no interest!
I guess it's good to know that the individual fell from a height rather than just from the floor they were standing on....🤡
:sorry::post-4641-1156694572:

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

This is a very tricky subject.

I am a strong advocate for assisted suicide.

I watched my son die very slowly from brain cancer for two and a half years. His wife wanted to keep him live as long as possible for their children.

I am adamant that I will not let that happen to me.

I have a living will and friends and family are aware of my wishes, but as you say......

........    I often think about the ones I will leave behind.

I believe that suicide, whether assisted or not, is one of the most selfish acts a human being can do.
While I can definitely understand many situations where one may feel like doing such a thing, in the end, it is phenomenally selfish.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

Seems the "Pattaya Ploppers" have resumed their old frequency of about 1 per week. Up till recently, it's been a rather plop-free year or two. 🤣

• Haha 1

So sad for him n his family. 

Macabre mentioning of the room number 3303 on the 33rd floor. Hope he did not check in on 3 June or anything related to 3. Sigh 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I would say the cause might be falling to the ground from a very high position.

We demand that you personally demonstrate the veracity of your theory. Think of the kudos of being proven correct. C'mon,you know you wanna ! 

6 minutes ago, NemoH said:

So sad for him n his family. 

Macabre mentioning of the room number 3303 on the 33rd floor. Hope he did not check in on 3 June or anything related to 3. Sigh 

Many potential lottery ticket sales including that number…

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why, because someone decides to commit suicide there while on holiday. How is that Pattaya's fault...

You’re assuming this was suicide? When there are an abnormal amount of tourist deaths in one place, then you have to start asking questions about whether there is a connection between some of these deaths? 

Having watched the documentary Murder in Paradise (2023), Thailand does have ‘form’ on this. Although this documentary was about Koh Tao, Pattaya does seem to be following a similar pattern. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27040800/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I would say the cause might be falling to the ground from a very high position.

Unless he was dead before he fell. RIP Martin Bernhard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why, because someone decides to commit suicide there while on holiday. How is that Pattaya's fault...

It's not Pattaya's fault, but it does seem to be a dangerous place. I suggest to avoid being near any tall buildings because of the risk of falling bodies!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Hilton needs to start locking up those balcony doors and windows!

Perhaps tall hotels should simply not have balconies or windows that open.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

So 4 in 5 days (RIP)...that's Thai, Russian, American and German...what nationality is next?

One week ago in Jomtien. Swiss man chose to end it all from the 15th floor. He had Parkinsons, Diabetes and a leg ulcer that wasn't getting any better. Told he would need 'below the knee amputation'. R.I.P.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Hilton needs to start locking up those balcony doors and windows!

Is the Hilton 33 floors high?

Posted (edited)

"... began to determine the exact cause of death." 

Let me have a clueless guess:

Maybe he died due to the impact after falling 33 floors down. 

But what do I know? 🤔 🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by khunpin
I wrote too much.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, foxboy said:

These are accidental falls or suicides. Nobody is pushing them off.. contrary to what some Thai Visa sleuths will have you believe 

How are you so sure of this?

It often comes to my mind that it would be a very easy way for crims to make money.  Observe a foreigner making a withdrawal at an ATM, with a few mates follow them back to their room, knock on the door rush in, make sure you have the money, throw the foreigner over the rail.  Could use a female as bait and follow them back to his room.

Do police check how long the foreigner has booked the room, have they made a recent cash withdrawal, do they have cash on their person or in the room after death.  Too easy to declare it suicide.

Once the crims leaves the room what evidence is left behind?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1