Am I really a handsome man?

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Are you saying that the average older farang, with the tattoos. big belly etc look the same to Thai girls as me? When I first came to Thailand I never frequented bars or Beach Road, I never even knew what a barfine was.

I did date plenty of girls, mainly office girls of market stall girls, and I would bet none of them would have dated the average guy over 50.

you are a handsome man - - but mostly you have a sparkle in your eye and a joie de vivre

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2024 at 2:26 PM, hankypankee said:

Thai women often tell me I’m a handsome man. Do you think they really mean it? I don’t go to bars. Most of the women telling me this are just in normal places like shopping malls, 7-11s, and local stores or restaurants. Often it’s just out of nowhere. I’m just an average looking guy. Never considered myself handsome. And I am a bit shy, so I’m not the kind of guy who goes around chatting up a lot of women. So I don’t feel like I’m encouraging them to say this. Do you think they maybe they wanting me to approach them for a romantic relationship when they say this to me? I can’t really tell. 

No

On 6/10/2024 at 9:26 AM, hankypankee said:

Thai women often tell me I’m a handsome man. Do you think they really mean it? I don’t go to bars. Most of the women telling me this are just in normal places like shopping malls, 7-11s, and local stores or restaurants. Often it’s just out of nowhere. I’m just an average looking guy. Never considered myself handsome. And I am a bit shy, so I’m not the kind of guy who goes around chatting up a lot of women. So I don’t feel like I’m encouraging them to say this. Do you think they maybe they wanting me to approach them for a romantic relationship when they say this to me? I can’t really tell. 

You might be lucky to get real "handsum"-remarks, if you are all right looking and dress according to e general nice dress code. But be aware, that the word "handsum" told to a foreigner in general mean loaded with enough money to be a good family provider or just good company for some – even short – time. However, use theincident and continue with a polite conversation, if you have any interest in the lady...:thumbsup:

When I was building my house, a beach vendor selling pan flutes passed almost every day and we nodded polity to each other. When I was almost finished the construction he finally asked me "How much?" – which is very polite in Thai culture, as I can make face by telling how much I can afford to build a house for, and thereby which wealth status I have. I told him 'how much' and he stoned for a moment, was thinking for a while, smile and answered: "You very handsum!"...:whistling:

On 6/11/2024 at 5:55 AM, NoshowJones said:

Are you saying that the average older farang, with the tattoos. big belly etc look the same to Thai girls as me? When I first came to Thailand I never frequented bars or Beach Road, I never even knew what a barfine was.

I did date plenty of girls, mainly office girls of market stall girls, and I would bet none of them would have dated the average guy over 50.

Don't get too carried away.....we all look the same to Thai bar girls....better?

• Thumbs Up 1

Been through the whole gambit;

Hansom man

Papa

then girls looking up from phone and looking back at phone without any acknowledgement. 

Post Covid.

Hansom man again..

On 6/10/2024 at 3:27 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

velly velly hansum....lorrrrr....jing jing teelak.....now we go to central and you can buy me Iphone?...

I lub you too mutt dahling  joop joop

OMG. You sound just like my GF 🤣