Transfer of immigration Stamps from Old Passport into New Passport

I am a British Citizen living in Thailand in Udonthani on a Thai Elite PE Visa with yearly extensions.

The last time I visited Udonthani Immigration they transferred the following Immigration Stamps from my old UK Passport into my new UK Passport:

1. All stamps related to my last arrival in Thailand in 2019 at Suvarnabhumi Airport including a 1 year extension based on having a Thai Elite PE Visa (Multiple Entry)
  2. My latest extension done at Udonthani Immigration in June 2023 until 11 July 2024 based on having a Thai Elite PE Visa (Multiple Entry)

They did however not transfer the 3 one year extension stamps from my old Passport into my new Passport for the intermediate years that were done at Udonthani Immigration in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

I do remember the Udonthani Immigration Officer asking the Manager at the time if the stamps for 2020, 2021 and 2022 need to be transferred into my new Passport and the Manager said that they did not need to be transferred.

I guess some people have many stamps to be transferred based on how often they exit and enter Thailand.

Just wondering if any any other Members have experienced anything similar with the the transferring of old Immigration stamps into a new Passport.

Just in case I always have my old and new Passport with me at all times to prove eligibility to stay in Thailand since the last time I arrived in 2019.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

15 hours ago, vibration said:

I do remember the Udonthani Immigration Officer asking the Manager at the time if the stamps for 2020, 2021 and 2022 need to be transferred into my new Passport and the Manager said that they did not need to be transferred.

Not required, just keep your old passport and carry with you with new one if there ever is a problem, which there shouldn't be.

• Like 1

I ended up with a EMERGENCY US PASSPORT to get my retirement extension.

When my 10 year passport was received, current extension stamps were transfered to  NEW passport. NO previous extension stamps added to either EMERGENCY or NEW 10 YEAR. PASSPORT.

All was in order as I exited and entered Thailand ( re-entry permit active ) with no problems

• Like 2

They never transfer old stamps. Why would they?It's all in their system anyway. 

I often get a new passport because the old one is full ,long before it expires. If they transfered all the old stamps, you would replace an old passport, full of stamps with a new passport full of stamps. 

• Like 1