Did you guys ever found a 'different' Thai girl?

Light hearthed post... We all know the running joke of 'yes but my girl is different'...only to learn down the line that she wasn't that much different...so for experienced old geezers here, did you ever got a Thai girl who was really different ? And by different, i mean not obsessed with generating money, saving face, buying beauty products and whose conversation subjects weren't centered around food and gossips

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, very different from the the generilzed typical woman some members continuously describes here, and her family including brother, as well  uncles and aunties. 

• Like 1

I am very lucky to have met two very different Thai girls (according to your definition).

First girl, from Isaan. Left school at 14 (pregnant) and ended up working in a bar until my friend bought her out.

Her English was self taught.

She became my business partner from 2004 until she died in 2018.

Totally honest, diligent and hard working. I would trust her with my wallet and she became a very good friend to both my wife and I.

Second girl, university educated living next door, became my new business partner. 2018 to now.

Again, totally honest, diligent and very hard working. I also trust her with my wallet.

Both ladies were/are absolute gems.

Maybe not the relationship with me that you were looking for, but there are some really great people out there, if you look.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

We all want money and to look good. That is how life is. Do your thinking with your brain not your organs and all will be fine. Learn how to say no.

The brain is an organ.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Yes, very different from the the generilzed typical woman some members continuously describes here, and her family including brother, as well  uncles and aunties. 

Yeah, but it´s same for me. We all know that the stereotype that is always described in this forum is just BS.

1 hour ago, Aurelien said:

Light hearthed post... We all know the running joke of 'yes but my girl is different'...only to learn down the line that she wasn't that much different...so for experienced old geezers here, did you ever got a Thai girl who was really different ? And by different, i mean not obsessed with generating money, saving face, buying beauty products and whose conversation subjects weren't centered around food and gossips

Mine is like all others food, clothes food, friends, food

These are  important things not to try and change  if you want a happy life

• Agree 1