Gary Lineker Faces Backlash for Alleged Breach of BBC Election Guidelines with Anti-Israel

Social Media

3 hours ago, NowNow said:

Disgusting lies. Most of the people killed were killed by bombs from helicopers and fighter jets.

"

Samuel Johann, a coordinator with the international charity Doctors Without Borders, which operates in the hospital, said it was a “nightmare.”

“There have been back-to-back mass casualties as densely populated areas are bombed

"

"Israel called in heavy strikes from land and air to cover their evacuation to the coast."

''Khulood Shalaq, who was being treated at another hospital with her wounded 1-year-old nephew, said 14 members of her family were killed in the raid, with some still buried in the rubble. She said at one point she saw four helicopters launching missiles into the camp.''

"The Gaza Health Ministry said 274 Palestinians were killed and around 700 were wounded. The ministry does not distinguish between civilians and combatants in its tallies, but said the dead included 64 children and 57 women.

“The streets are filled with dead bodies," she said."

"Hagari acknowledged that a cease-fire deal would bring home more hostages than military operations, but said Israeli forces need to “create conditions” to bring them home."

https://time.com/6987062/274-palestinians-killed-israel-hostage-rescue/

Barbarism.

Gaza Health Ministry is Hamas and if they say 274 were killed it must be true yea? The IDF said under 100 killed and some of those would have been terrorists. But you will believe Hamas I know.

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Gaza Health Ministry is Hamas and if they say 274 were killed it must be true yea? The IDF said under 100 killed and some of those would have been terrorists. But you will believe Hamas I know.

Cherry picking much?
Putting your beliefs in the IDF? Let's say it was 150 dead, seems reasonable. Sure some of them would have been terrorists, let's be generous, 25? So only 125 civilians, that's ok then. And sure, you can argue about the numbers.

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It is somewhat interesting that you choose to not mention the 700 injured. Don't they matter?

The doctors on the ground aren't discussing how to treat dead people are they?

So what do you say about the hundreds of innocents that were killed and injured? Collateral damage? Worth it to rescue four hostages who may have been released under a ceasefire agreement anyway?

Are you so far gone that you no longer realise how inhuman you have become?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Cherry picking much?
Putting your beliefs in the IDF? Let's say it was 150 dead, seems reasonable. Sure some of them would have been terrorists, let's be generous, 25? So only 125 civilians, that's ok then. And sure, you can argue about the numbers.

I was responding to a post claiming 274 were dead. The IDF says otherwise, can you tell me which is right? Thought not, nor can I, but why believe only the Hamas figure and why claim it was only civilians killed when there were also terrorists killed?

• Sad 1

Just now, NowNow said:

It is somewhat interesting that you choose to not mention the 700 injured. Don't they matter?

The doctors on the ground aren't discussing how to treat dead people are they?

So what do you say about the hundreds of innocents that were killed and injured? Collateral damage? Worth it to rescue four hostages who may have been released under a ceasefire agreement anyway?

Are you so far gone that you no longer realise how inhuman you have become?

Who said 700 injured? Hamas?

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who said 700 injured? Hamas?

Again...what figure would you find acceptable?

Did you actually read the article to which you linked??

150 rockets launched into a densely populated area. Women and children hit in their homes at 5am. 

Just an excerpt from your article:

"

“Dogs were eating people’s remains, we pulled out six martyrs, all torn up children and women, we risked our lives to get them to the hospital. The soldiers told us to go back but we had to continue,” he added.

Another local resident, Nidal Abdo, said he was shopping at Nuseirat market before “a crazy bombardment started hitting everywhere.”

“[It was] something we never witnessed before, maybe 150 rockets fell in less than 10 minutes, while we were running away more fell on the market,” he said.

Footage from Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital, in nearby Deir al-Balah, shows trucks and ambulances transferring injured people and bodies to the hospital. The hospital’s emergency room is overwhelmed. People can be seen in the footage waiting on the hospital floor.

"

So how many dead and injured would you estimate from 150 rockets fired into a densely populated area? Or is everyone lying?

Just now, NowNow said:

Again...what figure would you find acceptable?

Did you actually read the article to which you linked??

150 rockets launched into a densely populated area. Women and children hit in their homes at 5am. 

Just an excerpt from your article:

"

“Dogs were eating people’s remains, we pulled out six martyrs, all torn up children and women, we risked our lives to get them to the hospital. The soldiers told us to go back but we had to continue,” he added.

Another local resident, Nidal Abdo, said he was shopping at Nuseirat market before “a crazy bombardment started hitting everywhere.”

“[It was] something we never witnessed before, maybe 150 rockets fell in less than 10 minutes, while we were running away more fell on the market,” he said.

Footage from Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital, in nearby Deir al-Balah, shows trucks and ambulances transferring injured people and bodies to the hospital. The hospital’s emergency room is overwhelmed. People can be seen in the footage waiting on the hospital floor.

"

So how many dead and injured would you estimate from 150 rockets fired into a densely populated area? Or is everyone lying?

Its not about me and how many I  acceptable or not, its about accurate figures

Discrepancies in Gaza Casualty Figures: An Analysis of Hamas Data By Associated Press

https://aseannow.com/topic/1329322-discrepancies-in-gaza-casualty-figures-an-analysis-of-hamas-data-by-associated-press/

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Discrepancies in Gaza Casualty Figures: An Analysis of Hamas Data By Associated Press

https://aseannow.com/topic/1329322-discrepancies-in-gaza-casualty-figures-an-analysis-of-hamas-data-by-associated-press/

It IS about you. I am asking YOU. Let's halve the figures. 135 dead, 350 injured. Is that ok?

Just now, NowNow said:

It IS about you. I am asking YOU. Let's halve the figures. 135 dead, 350 injured. Is that ok?

You can ask me all you want, its still not about me. How many terrorists were in the 135 dead and injured?

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

30 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can ask me all you want, its still not about me. How many terrorists were in the 135 dead and injured?

Terrorists? Firing 150 rockets indiscriminately into a densely populated is not terrifying?? What makes the IDF any less terrorists than anyone defending against them?

You try to deflect by disputed numbers and name calling. Totally devoid of feeling and emotion. Long since dead.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Terrorists? Firing 150 rockets indiscriminately into a densely populated is not terrifying?? What makes the IDF any less terrorists than anyone defending against them?

You try to deflect by disputed numbers and name calling. Totally devoid of feeling and emotion. Long since dead.

Even the hostages said they were getting fired on in the escape. Stop deflecting.

Can you quote me on this name calling that you now claim?

Even the hostages said they were getting fired on in the escape. Stop deflecting.

Can you quote me on this name calling that you now claim?

Terrorists....

IDF attacked and fired 150 rockets into a densely packed neighbourhood. What would you do if you lived there?

IDF are the terrorists. State sponsored.

One hundred and twenty hostages released during the truce. Seven hostages rescued by the IDF, with hundreds killed and maimed in the process. Barbarism. But you are too far gone to see it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NowNow said:

Terrorists....

IDF attacked and fired 150 rockets into a densely packed neighbourhood. What would you do if you lived there?

IDF are the terrorists. State sponsored.

One hundred and twenty hostages released during the truce. Seven hostages rescued by the IDF, with hundreds killed and maimed in the process. Barbarism. But you are too far gone to see it.

You made a claim that I was name calling. Why lie?

• Thumbs Up 1

You made a claim that I was name calling. Why lie?

For the third time, I have told you that you have sought to label the people who were killed and maimed as "terrorists". That's name calling and an attempt to deflect from the atrocities perpetrated by the Israeli government.

History will not forget. You might be able to fool a few people that Israeli are the victims...but the world is watching. The world is not just the US and Israel...

Just now, NowNow said:

For the third time, I have told you that you have sought to label the people who were killed and maimed as "terrorists". That's name calling and an attempt to deflect from the atrocities perpetrated by the Israeli government.

History will not forget. You might be able to fool a few people that Israeli are the victims...but the world is watching. The world is not just the US and Israel...

LOL, oh ok, the truth hurts, yes some of those killed would have indeed be terrorist's but I don't know how many, do you? The IDF do not know how many and Hamas wont separate terrorists from civilians in death counts. That's the facts as are known at this moment. Do you know something different and who from?

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

LOL, oh ok, the truth hurts, yes some of those killed would have indeed be terrorist's but I don't know how many, do you? The IDF do not know how many and Hamas wont separate terrorists from civilians in death counts. That's the facts as are known at this moment. Do you know something different and who from?

My comments are not restricted to how many. Even one life of an innocent is too many. Don't you agree? 

But you seem to want to restrict your discussion to how many fighters were killed in the attack and to ignore everything else. That seems barbaric in my opinion. But it's satisfying to see you 'hang yourself' here. Everyone can see what you are and some of them will see themselves.

• Sad 1

My comments are not restricted to how many. Even one life of an innocent is too many. Don't you agree? 

But you seem to want to restrict your discussion to how many fighters were killed in the attack and to ignore everything else. That seems barbaric in my opinion. But it's satisfying to see you 'hang yourself' here. Everyone can see what you are and some of them will see themselves.

Get used to it. Hamas placed hostages in a residential area, looked after by civilians, what do you expect to happen in the rescue.

Hamas opened fire on the rescue forces and it was not known how many of the Palestinian casualties were civilians and combatants. Those are the only facts known presently. Very happy to hang myself there.

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Get used to it. Hamas placed hostages in a residential area, looked after by civilians, what do you expect to happen in the rescue.

Hamas opened fire on the rescue forces and it was not known how many of the Palestinian casualties were civilians and combatants. Those are the only facts known presently. Very happy to hang myself there.

Better to not undertake the rescue of four hostages if you know that hundreds are likely to be killed and maimed in the process. The Israeli goverment took that decision and are attempting to paint it in a positive light. But now there will be even more people horrified at their actions. New generations. Aware. 

Your cries of 'terrorist' will ring hollow for more and more people. It's happening right now. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Better to not undertake the rescue of four hostages if you know that hundreds are likely to be killed and maimed in the process. The Israeli goverment took that decision and are attempting to paint it in a positive light. But now there will be even more people horrified at their actions. New generations. Aware. 

Your cries of 'terrorist' will ring hollow for more and more people. It's happening right now. 

Back to beliving Hamas on death figures then. Hamas should not be holding hostages. Now check IHL rule 14 on civilian deaths. You have plenty to catch up on.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, NowNow said:

You seem to be somewhat envious of his salary. 

That's a rather misguided judgement. Why be envious of what others have? Make do with what you have yourself. FYI, I retired at 49, am now early 50's. I go where I want, when I want and do what I want because I have the funds to do so.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Keeps said:

That's a rather misguided judgement. Why be envious of what others have? Make do with what you have yourself. FYI, I retired at 49, am now early 50's. I go where I want, when I want and do what I want because I have the funds to do so.

Could it be the fact that you mentioned his salary three times in two posts? Why mention it at all if it doesn't bother you. It doesn't bother me.

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back to beliving Hamas on death figures then. Hamas should not be holding hostages. Now check IHL rule 14 on civilian deaths. You have plenty to catch up on.

I believe the IDF launched rockets into a densely populated area. A lot of rockets. I believe there were many dead and even more injured. I don't get hung up on numbers. Terrorism. They have used the same tactics for decades. To terrorise the population into submission.

Edited by NowNow
  • Haha 1

I believe the IDF launched rockets into a densely populated area. A lot of rockets. I believe there were many dead and even more injured. I don't get hung up on numbers. Terrorism. They have used the same tactics for decades. To terrorise the population into submission.

"You believe"....Riiiiight.....................:coffee1:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought, most thought, that politics, world issues etc should be kept well away from SPORT.

But loony Gary is using sport for his platform, he is a tool.......:coffee1:

There are plenty of folk out there spouting his stuff, in the right places..

Your constant use of that emoticon is somewhat....strange. There are quite a few from which to choose you know. 😊

Your constant use of that emoticon is somewhat....strange. There are quite a few from which to choose you know. 😊

I consider you somewhat strange, but I keep it to myself, plus, I have been here long enough to know all about the available emoji's, whereas you have only been here 10 days.

Now tell me your other username...........😂

Just now, transam said:

"You believe"....Riiiiight.....................:coffee1:

Yes. I believe. Is there any dispute?

"

According to the IDF, the rescue forces faced a massive amount of gunfire and RPG fire in Nuseirat, leading the ground troops and the Israeli Air Force to carry out major strikes in the area. The strikes, targeting the areas from where Hamas operatives were opening fire, were aimed at protecting the rescue forces and the hostages.

Hamas says over 270 people were killed in the operation. Israel says it knows of around 100. The IDF acknowledged that it killed Palestinian civilians amid the fighting, but it placed the blame on Hamas for holding hostages and fighting in a dense civilian environment.

"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-details-on-hostage-rescue-indicate-operation-was-nearly-canceled-at-the-last-minute/

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I believe....lol

• Haha 1

Yes. I believe. Is there any dispute?

"

According to the IDF, the rescue forces faced a massive amount of gunfire and RPG fire in Nuseirat, leading the ground troops and the Israeli Air Force to carry out major strikes in the area. The strikes, targeting the areas from where Hamas operatives were opening fire, were aimed at protecting the rescue forces and the hostages.

Hamas says over 270 people were killed in the operation. Israel says it knows of around 100. The IDF acknowledged that it killed Palestinian civilians amid the fighting, but it placed the blame on Hamas for holding hostages and fighting in a dense civilian environment.

"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-details-on-hostage-rescue-indicate-operation-was-nearly-canceled-at-the-last-minute/

"You believe"................😂

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

I consider you somewhat strange, but I keep it to myself, plus, I have been here long enough to know all about the available emoji's, whereas you have only been here 10 days.

Now tell me your other username...........😂

I noticed that you were lurking around my profile. How sad.

I prefer to just read and not post, so pathetic were most of the posts and topics here, that I did not want to lower myself... But there are certain subjects that should be addressed.