Putin Promises 'Immediate' Peace if Ukraine Drops NATO Bid and Cedes Occupied Territories

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There literally dozens of articles on Sachs being one of Putins idiot apologists, he's even appeared on Russian TV bestowing his apologist rants. Here's one more and I am not insecure enough to have to make an enlarged post on it.

Putin’s American Cheerleaders

How Jeffrey Sachs, Mark Episkopos and Dimitri Simes contribute to the Russian propaganda effort.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/putin-russia-war-ukraine-solovyov-jeffrey-sachs-columbia-university-mark-episkopos-center-national-interest-dimitri-simes-11673017425

https://archive.ph/WRODG

Another Atlantic Council member - they must have had a meeting of "what should we do with these turbulent priests" .This short enough ?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/19/independent-think-tank-honors-african-dictator-as-global-citizen-ali-bongo-gabon/

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why bother starting a debate if you have to immediately go off topic?

Jeffrey Sachs spreads Beijing, Kremlin propaganda in Taipei

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/news/4961765

Because you started the shoot the messenger spat. We can all trade google link for link.Enough. Please do your Chomsky homework and then get back to me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Because you started the shoot the messenger spat. We can all trade google link for link.Enough. Please do your Chomsky homework and then get back to me.

I responded to connda on Sachs, then you jumped in, try again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/18/2024 at 9:14 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

This is brilliant the single most important interview for people to see to understand how the individuals involved in a conspiracy don't even realise they're involved because it is systemic - even though their intentions are good - and Marr is not a bad person. He's just the person who's sitting in that seat because he believes what he does - and he has his arris handed to him on a plate.

"If you’re interested in facts, I’ll tell you what they are and even give you sources”

"Blundering efforts to do good"

Would you please provide a synopsis, and outline what position you are wanting to support with this? 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Would you please provide a synopsis, and outline what position you are wanting to support with this? 

It was in reply to the post by Jas- I could spend an inordinate amount of time writing my thesis but it would probably be deleted as an off-topic "rant" and I'm busy in the UK for the next couple of weeks so you will be thankfully spared my deliberations which would have been constructed about manufacturing consent and would be seriously off topic. So I'll swerve if you don't mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_ConsentScreenshot2024-06-20061746.thumb.jpg.2236644f4bfd9465d283565508784e2a.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It was in reply to the post by Jas- I could spend an inordinate amount of time writing my thesis but it would probably be deleted as an off-topic "rant" and I'm busy in the UK for the next couple of weeks so you will be thanfully spared my deliberations. Screenshot2024-06-20061746.thumb.jpg.2236644f4bfd9465d283565508784e2a.jpg

If you don't know, just say you don't know. No shame in that. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I didn't say or mean that. I said what I meant.

In any event, you have not provided a synopsis of the video you linked too, nor have you outlined what position you had hopes to support with it. This is pretty typical that post links to things they do not understand, but in your case, you claim you are just too busy, which is another typical response. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

In any event, you have not provided a synopsis of the video you linked too, nor have you outlined what position you had hopes to support with it. This is pretty typical that post links to things they do not understand, but in your case, you claim you are just too busy, which is another typical response. 

And I have had posts deleted for being off topic. That's a biggie.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And I have had posts deleted for being off topic. That's a biggie.

Which is another typical dodge. 

The video was not deleted, why would proving a synopsis for it and outlining what position you were supporting with it be deleted? 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Isn’t it rather obvious? The person interviewing Chomsky is part of the problem and doesn’t even realize it.  He’s part of the mainstream establishment and fails to recognize that that his world view is manufactured. He has good intentions, though.

As for wanting a “synopsis “?  Why not just watch the video? It’s interesting. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Putin is an absolute desperado. He would have to be, to travel to North Korea, which is hell on earth. He is increasingly isolated, and if it were not for oil, gas and minerals, Russia would have already collapsed. He is a serial killer, and seems to enjoy inflicting pain, and slaughtering women and children. His increasing tens of billions of dollars in extorted fortune makes him feel great power, but he is a boil on the face of humanity. .

Traveling to North Korea?  Why not?  It’s not as if they’re going to throw him in jail once he arrives.  It’s no place I would visit for vacation, but then again, I’m nobody, so that’s a different story.

Isolated? Reliant on oil, gas, and minerals?  Like just about every major power, I think, or at least some combination of those.  Every country has to adapt. The world has a global economy.

I’ve never been to Russia, but from what I can tell, Putin is well liked in Russia. If all the Russians I come across in the Pattaya area are any indication, the Russian people seem to be relatively happy.  Sometimes they try to talk to me in Russian, but that doesn’t work. Some can speak English, at least a little bit, and in any event, every one of them has always been polite to me.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

There literally dozens of articles on Sachs being one of Putins idiot apologists, he's even appeared on Russian TV bestowing his apologist rants. Here's one more and I am not insecure enough to have to make an enlarged post on it.

Putin’s American Cheerleaders

How Jeffrey Sachs, Mark Episkopos and Dimitri Simes contribute to the Russian propaganda effort.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/putin-russia-war-ukraine-solovyov-jeffrey-sachs-columbia-university-mark-episkopos-center-national-interest-dimitri-simes-11673017425

https://archive.ph/WRODG

Ah.. your usual ad hominem attack on someone whose intellect far exceeds yours. As usual, you don’t challenge the points, preferring to take the cowardly action of lobbing stones behind a wall. Pathetic.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gweiloman said:

Ah.. your usual ad hominem attack on someone whose intellect far exceeds yours. As usual, you don’t challenge the points, preferring to take the cowardly action of lobbing stones behind a wall. Pathetic.

What ad hominem attack? The link provided a factual account, I cannot read it for you.

I see you are however carrying on with the personal attacks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What ad hominem attack? The link provided a factual account, I cannot read it for you.

I see you are however carrying on with the personal attacks.

:coffee1: